Sponsored

Corsa double x pipe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
-The Shiftek X Pipe is the same factory steel from OEM which is 309.
-The piping is as close as it gets to the R diameter piping, it's slightly thinner on the ends just to slide it inside to allow it to be a very simple install.

About the Corsa
-T304 which is much more expensive material and OEM didn't want to go with it.
-It's a 3" pipe as opposed to the R or GT350 2.5" pipe. Hence the sound is what I think is significantly different than the R.

Personally, I think a Corsa exhaust would be a change in sound so would the shiftek tho.. but significantly due to the higher diameter and a proven longevity return due to the 304 steel. Either exhaust system setup is a beast on the GT350 so that's the biggest takeaway.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Never seem to have a direct comparison between just a plain resonator delete and replaced with straight pipes vs shifteck/corsa x-pipe. I'm sure there's a difference, just not sure of how much of a difference.

Had my resonator done over 2 years ago for $100. There wasn't any options available yet at the time. If the shifteck was out for $250, I probably would have gone with that instead of straight piping. Now I'm not sure if it's worth re-doing it with a shifteck or not.

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
I just got together with @Onyx to do some wrenching on his R car. I have the Corsa X pipe on mine. Josh, thoughts?
Sorry, thoughts on what?

Is there a lot difference between x pipe alone and full system? Also does corsa catback work with active exhaust?
Corsa does not work with active exhaust. Their axle back is non valved. Borla offers retaining the valves. Yes big difference in midpipe vs full exhaust.

-The Shiftek X Pipe is the same factory steel from OEM which is 309.
-The piping is as close as it gets to the R diameter piping, it's slightly thinner on the ends just to slide it inside to allow it to be a very simple install.

About the Corsa
-T304 which is much more expensive material and OEM didn't want to go with it.
-It's a 3" pipe as opposed to the R or GT350 2.5" pipe. Hence the sound is what I think is significantly different than the R.

Personally, I think a Corsa exhaust would be a change in sound so would the shiftek tho.. but significantly due to the higher diameter and a proven longevity return due to the 304 steel. Either exhaust system setup is a beast on the GT350 so that's the biggest takeaway.
Agreed!

Never seem to have a direct comparison between just a plain resonator delete and replaced with straight pipes vs shifteck/corsa x-pipe. I'm sure there's a difference, just not sure of how much of a difference.

Had my resonator done over 2 years ago for $100. There wasn't any options available yet at the time. If the shifteck was out for $250, I probably would have gone with that instead of straight piping. Now I'm not sure if it's worth re-doing it with a shifteck or not.
I always like replacing OEM parts with aftermarket because of better quality and ease of installation.. If I ever have to put the car back to stock and sell it, replacing it with un-altered OEM parts is always worth the extra premium in my mind..

-Josh

Onyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R, Acura RDX
Hey Just saw this on the thread, I have a GT350R now and had the Shifteck GT350 resonator delete on my GT350 before my R. I will say I find the Corsa to be the smoothest nicest sounding resonator delete available. Blows the shiftech out of the water. The shiftech seemed muffled and just poorly designed compared to the Corsa. Like the pulses were just not smooth. The Corsa is expensive but you do really get what you pay for in this case.
The Corsa has a smooth effiecnt sound.
The R is wonderful as I find that to be more raspy and race like. It pops and crackles at times and I like it the best. I may do some long tubes but not for a sound change. Not going to chance my warranty over them though.
So yes if you have a GT350 you should get a Corsa IMO.
Sponsored