MGW Shifter OR Corsa X-Pipe?!

RR350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
H2043 / HR650
Alright guys, i'm going to buy either of these two items tonight and I need help deciding which one to get. I've been contemplating all day and I just can't make up my mind. If you were deciding between these two mods, Which would you go with and why?
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Corsa X pipe for me. I have zero issues with the shifter really. Yes there is a bit of slop but I personally think it's up there with some of the best that Honda has put out.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Agree with the above if I had to have just one, but you can also delete the resonators for pretty cheap and still get the MGW. I wish I could hear the double-X in person to see if its worth the cost over cutting out the resonators

OP
OP

RR350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
H2043 / HR650
Agree with the above if I had to have just one, but you can also delete the resonators for pretty cheap and still get the MGW. I wish I could hear the double-X in person to see if its worth the cost over cutting out the resonators
I'm in the same boat, I don't know if it will be worth the extra money, but I also don't like the idea of cutting out the resonators and welding pipe back up to the stock Y, I'd rather go ahead and get the Y pipe as well just for peace of mind and knowing it looks nice and clean under there :shrug: I'm leaning towards the Corsa, Only thing I don't like about the stock shifter is the NVH, other than that I really enjoy it.

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
For me I'd go with the MGW and cut the resonators. But I'm bias, I already have the MGW and no resonators. The car sounds outstanding without them.

I've had the shifter for about 300 miles and it's such a huge difference between the stock. You'll have to trust me or make a trip to SC to try mine to see the difference.

But hands down it's the best mod I've put on mine so far!

Sponsored

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I've swapped in the MGW and had it out on the track. Big difference over stock. Highly recommend.

5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT A10 401a 2017 Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
roush, flowmaster or ford racing x and shifter? the corsa x is expensive!

you could prob get either of the 3 xpipes I listed and the ford racing short throw for the same price as the corsa x. ford racing claims 15% shorter throw and eliminates sloppy feel

OP
OP

RR350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
H2043 / HR650
For me I'd go with the MGW and cut the resonators. But I'm bias, I already have the MGW and no resonators. The car sounds outstanding without them.

I've had the shifter for about 300 miles and it's such a huge difference between the stock. You'll have to trust me or make a trip to SC to try mine to see the difference.

But hands down it's the best mod I've put on mine so far!
I've heard nothing but great things about the MGW, this is why it's so hard to decide! Do I want the shifter everyone praises or louder exhaust? FML :doh:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
roush, flowmaster or ford racing x and shifter? the corsa x is expensive!

you could prob get either of the 3 xpipes I listed and the ford racing short throw for the same price as the corsa x. ford racing claims 15% shorter throw and eliminates sloppy feel
Don't half ass a shifter swap...

5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT A10 401a 2017 Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
And why is it half assed? Any Backing to the statement? Dont half ass reply, back your statement up. lol

Sponsored

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
Save your money and cut your pipes. The car is freaking loud without them! Down the road you can upgrade the exhaust if you're not happy with the sound. But I can tell you my neighbors tell me they can hear me 2 miles down the Rd when I get on it. So it's extremely loud to me! I don't think I would want it any louder. I think at some point it just becomes obnoxious! But I'm getting to be a little cranker in my old age! Lol

KenF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT350
Lethal OR pipes, they bolt on replace no cutting, they're cheap and IMO sounds mean and angry they way the car should be. And you're done with 1/2 the money you're going to spend :)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
MGW for sure.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Sometimes i feel like we are conditioned to feel like we need to change the exhaust to improve it.... I am 100% happy with how it sounds now, and you get to change between loud and quiet at the flick of a switch, no complaints.

I chose to do the shifter upgrade. When you get the MGW shifter all you will think is "how does he make this for only 500$", when you get the corsa xpipe you are going to wonder why does this cost $500

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
And why is it half assed? Any Backing to the statement? Dont half ass reply, back your statement up. lol
Evidently you haven't studied up on the shifters you are commenting on. When you have compared the two decisively and have actually felt the bolt action, mil-spec quality of an MGW shifter, you won't know another exists.
Sponsored