Sponsored

2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

dawolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red mustang GT
@dawolf any update? thx
I wired the three wires according to the wiring diagram and installed the new pressure sensor. It did not work after starting the car. I'm currently checking all the as built data, and will check to verify that the 5 volt reference is present.
Sponsored

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Mine works great !! Make sure you have the proper value in the Adaptive Cruise for the "Digital Cluster" AND you have the NEW Adaptive Cruise Control Switch installed.
I just purchased the new part number JR3T- I have the older FR3T cruise switch. I hope this fixes it. Thx

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
I wired the three wires according to the wiring diagram and installed the new pressure sensor. It did not work after starting the car. I'm currently checking all the as built data, and will check to verify that the 5 volt reference is present.
Thx for all the effort!!!

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
That is very unlikely. The GWM just passes messages between busses. A message comes in and is addressed to a specific bus. The GWM transfers that message to that bus and the module it is addressed to picks up the message.

I haven’t really read into exactly what you’re doing and what you have tried...but maybe I can try to help.

Also a note...in that diagram it mentions the oil pressure switch. That is what is in all vehicles and is not the full range sensor in the PP cars.

Edit: Tell your tuner to change your tune to a PP car tune and it will start working.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dawolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red mustang GT
That is very unlikely. The GWM just passes messages between busses. A message comes in and is addressed to a specific bus. The GWM transfers that message to that bus and the module it is addressed to picks up the message.

I haven’t really read into exactly what you’re doing and what you have tried...but maybe I can try to help.

Also a note...in that diagram it mentions the oil pressure switch. That is what is in all vehicles and is not the full range sensor in the PP cars.

Edit: Tell your tuner to change your tune to a PP car tune and it will start working.
Right now I don't currently have a custom tune and I see what you were referring to with the chart. The switch shown in the chart is mounted in the side of the oil pan and is just a normal or low level switch for the message center. So far I have installed a full range oil pressure sensor and wired it to the PCM per the wiring diagram like the PP cars. As far as you know, what can be done with IDS to activate this function? If getting a custom tune can make the gauge functional, what is being changed in the Pcm with a custom tune to activate the gauge is another question.

Last edited:
OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The side of the oil pan is the low level sensor I’m pretty sure and not the pressure switch.

You will need to have your pcm reprogrammed as a PP car to get the oil pressure sender to work. This can be done by a dealer but most are probably unwilling to do it. It would require forcibly reprogramming your pcm for a pp car and could cause other odd issues. Best and most reliable thing to do is get a custom tune. They’re about $400-500 with handheld tuner device required. Tons of them out there.

Be sure to tell the tuner it needs to be tuned as a PP car even though vin is non PP due to full range oil pressure sensor installed.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Or go aftermarket oil pressure gauge...:crackup:

dawolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red mustang GT
The side of the oil pan is the low level sensor I’m pretty sure and not the pressure switch.

You will need to have your pcm reprogrammed as a PP car to get the oil pressure sender to work. This can be done by a dealer but most are probably unwilling to do it. It would require forcibly reprogramming your pcm for a pp car and could cause other odd issues. Best and most reliable thing to do is get a custom tune. They’re about $400-500 with handheld tuner device required. Tons of them out there.

Be sure to tell the tuner it needs to be tuned as a PP car even though vin is non PP due to full range oil pressure sensor installed.
Ok, thanks.
Or go aftermarket oil pressure gauge...:crackup:
I was going to get a Lund tune.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine works great !! Make sure you have the proper value in the Adaptive Cruise for the "Digital Cluster" AND you have the NEW Adaptive Cruise Control Switch installed.
What do you mean by proper value in the adaptive cruise? In the CCM Module or the F and 5 in the cluster?? I already have the JR3T switch

Sponsored

prj_tchalla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost Convertible
What do you mean by proper value in the adaptive cruise? In the CCM Module or the F and 5 in the cluster?? I already have the JR3T switch
If you have the new switch, then make sure you have the correct values for the Adaptive cruise control in the IPC AND SCCM. I am not near my stang... but this should be the required configuration.

IPC: 720-01-01 X*XX XXXX XXXX. * = F
SCCM
: 724-03-01 **** xxxx xx **** = 2933

Ping me if you have any other questions

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT pp Paxton e85
After installation, I was having issues with my airbag cluster light. Waited for my obd2 Bluetooth adapter to come in and after troubleshooting, it was my knee airbag light . For some reason after I disconnected everything up top, it made that light go off and I had to go under the dash and unplug it and plug it back in, even though it was never touched in the process . But it worked!!!!!
Thanks to Sam for helping me out and finding which wires and plug it was underneath . Everything works perfect!!!!!!

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OK, I was able to fix my Adaptive Cruise problem I was having with my Digital Speedometer. I had to flash my chip back to stock from the 180mph Speedo thing I had done by TheStangB guy who created the file or figured out how to do it. I guess the Bullitt does not have Adaptive Cruise option. Once I flashed the file back to the original 160mph Speedo the errors in the IPC and CCM went away and all is working as it should.

So if you have adaptive cruise control (or if you added it like me) DO NOT get the 180mph Speedo thing done to your cluster as it will not work with ACC. Hope this helps someone.

And it will work with the GT350 lcon Motorsports front bumper.
IMG_2855.JPG
IMG_2854.JPG

Last edited:

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
So after reading all 54 pages, I've come to the conclusion that I can't live without this product. :facepalm:Actually this and the 'Good Neighbor Mode' was the only thing, that had me think about waiting for the 18 before I jumped onboard and ordered my 17GT.
Amazing work by all the pioneers that made it possible for us mere mortals to have this upgrade. Thank U. :clap::clap:

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
Someone mentioned that you can somehow upgrade to a 180mph speedo? How is this done? Obviously some flash magic going on, but who do you contact for doing this? Not like I am ever going to go 180 OR 160 for that matter...
Sponsored