Sponsored

Official Resonator Delete Thread

drudge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT RS / GT350
Got my shifteck X on yesterday. Its 100 percent the flat plane crank to its excellence. Sounds the exact same (which I was hoping for) only a few decibels louder. Its not over bearing at all though and the amount of heads it turned just on my way home was insane. Down low it sounds amazing - especially with the intensified crackling and popping and up top it screams flat plane with maybe just a dash of rasp. Not high pitch shit rasp but more of like a mean deep rasp if that makes sense - Love it so far.......
20190404_102911.jpg
Thanks for your impressions.
I am not sure, if I should do it...only for a few more decibels.
I like the stock sound so much. But I have the shifteck in box here...mhmm.
Sponsored

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Anyone with pictures of a custom straight pipe replacement for the resonator? How do you like it?

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry if someone has said it, but didn't want to read through 30 pages. I straight piped my resonators, which I believe replicates the R. Check this video out, this is what mine sounds like now. First they accidentally removed the factory x and it sounded awful, but putting it back in gave it the high rpm scream like this video.
Did the same. Sound is incredible.

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Dude do yourself a favor and do it. Trust me.
I was the exact same way as you. My shifteck sat in the box in the garage for 3 months cause I was so unsure and loved the stock sport mode so much. I'm so glad I grew a pair and did it - it only made the stock sound amplified and even better. Like I said earlier couldn't be happier. Its how this car should sound and its the perfect volume to someone who wants more with out being one of those dudes with a obnoxious loud exhaust.
Do it, you'll be thanking me .......

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
I really dig the S
Do the Shiftek H pipe. It's a real panty dropper!! :)

Sponsored

5.2 L V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
I was a hesitant at first as well installing the shiftek. Pulled the trigger, now I could never go back. The sound never gets tiring. Definately do it. its simply awesome!

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
I really dig the S

Do the Shiftek H pipe. It's a real panty dropper!! :)
Don't think he will like that if he likes the stock sound as much as he does.
Talked to a guy who did the H and took it off and sold it cause it takes to much away from the flat plane and changes the sound to much.

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
Don't think he will like that if he likes the stock sound as much as he does.
Talked to a guy who did the H and took it off and sold it cause it takes to much away from the flat plane and changes the sound to much.
I know. I've been told by other 350 owners after they hear mine that it sounds better.

Semantics really. Either one sounds amazing.

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
I know. I've been told by other 350 owners after they hear mine that it sounds better.

Semantics really. Either one sounds amazing.
Sure it sounds great but if it makes it to much like a traditional 5.0 sound like I've been told it does that would be a deal breaker for me anyways.
Not saying it sounds bad by any means.

Sponsored

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
Sure it sounds great but if it makes it to much like a traditional 5.0 sound like I've been told it does that would be a deal breaker for me anyways.
Not saying it sounds bad by any means.
The flat plane is still present. The raspiness is still there on throttle. Especially when going under an overpass. Makes me all giddy. At idle it's a tad throatier. I was aiming for different and I got it. I don't necessarily want to sound like everyone else's GT350. It def stands out. Get's a lot of attention at meets.

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
Got the MBRP on sale a few weeks ago.. Fine build quality, I had seen photos online but most are a stock photo render. The few real pictures I had seen were spot on, good looking piece, and I prefer the style of X to some of the others.

All the being said, great modification. I personally felt the stock exhaust.. while arguably the best OE note out there, was just a tad too muffled. This change was exactly what the vehicle needed! Now the vehicle just borders aftermarket modified exhaust volume levels yet still perfectly civilized with the valves closed. The sound that it makes just above 3,200 RPM is just smile inducing. I find myself leaning in to the throttle next to larger vehicles just to hear the note bounce back.

Great modification, I encourage everyone on the fence to just pull the trigger. You will NOT be disappointed in the resonator delete.

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
The flat plane is still present. The raspiness is still there on throttle. Especially when going under an overpass. Makes me all giddy. At idle it's a tad throatier. I was aiming for different and I got it. I don't necessarily want to sound like everyone else's GT350. It def stands out. Get's a lot of attention at meets.
Yea I get it man, just most want to retain the stock sound in sport as much as possible. With the shifteck X you get that. I find the stock system to have very little to no high pitch rasp. With the X it intensifies that and some would say it gets a little raspier - however its not rasp, its the flat plane to perfection and its throaty with that unique sound of the 350. To each there own man and I only commented when you suggested it to the other guy because I don't think the significant change of the H is what he is looking for.

Leadfoot350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Has anyone done stainless works long tubes with corsa x pipe combo?