Sponsored

Just realized i'm missing....

vpec13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I bought a used 2015 Mustang GT a couple weeks ago. I just realized, I don't think I have the adapter to remove the one locked lug nut? Is their a place I can purchase it from? Or am I SOL?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
That would be aftermarket or dealer installed because they didn’t come with the car when you bought it new

Deleted member 35786

Amazon has all your answers if your going to DIY.. :)
Or any reputable tire shop, dealer etc.. should be able to remove it.

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
OP
OP

vpec13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That would do as a replacement, but it won't work on the ones already on your car. When my wife's wheel key came up missing, our mechanic was able to tap an undersized socket onto each locking nut and remove it that way, but it destroyed the nuts in the process.
I plan on replacing what's on their now with black ones. So I just need to get it off safely, somehow. So is their not a tool I can buy to remove it?

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I plan on replacing what's on their now with black ones. So I just need to get it off safely, somehow. So is their not a tool I can buy to remove it?
I would think you could use an appropriately sized bolt extractor, although I never have done so personally and would expect there will be a line of people posting below if I'm wrong. The link below is for a kit, but you can get individual ones in different sizes.
https://www.amazon.com/Maximum-Impa...+removal+tool&qid=1554751581&s=gateway&sr=8-3

It might be cheaper just to use a local tire shop. They deal with this sort of thing quite a bit.

OP
OP

vpec13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I would think you could use an appropriately sized bolt extractor, although I never have done so personally and would expect there will be a line of people posting below if I'm wrong. The link below is for a kit, but you can get individual ones in different sizes.
https://www.amazon.com/Maximum-Impa...+removal+tool&qid=1554751581&s=gateway&sr=8-3

It might be cheaper just to use a local tire shop. They deal with this sort of thing quite a bit.
I may stop at the Ford dealer on my way home. Thanks!

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
Most Ford Dealerships have a "Rotunda Master Wheel Lock Kit" in a big red heavy case... Basically a bunch of special cut lugnut "keys" with pins that will take off any Ford supplied locks.
The dealership will probably charge you at least an hours labor though... (the Dealer I worked at charged something like .3 book hours per wheel)

Sponsored
OP
OP

vpec13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Most Ford Dealerships have a "Rotunda Master Wheel Lock Kit" in a big red heavy case... Basically a bunch of special cut lugnut "keys" with pins that will take off any Ford supplied locks.
The dealership will probably charge you at least an hours labor though... (the Dealer I worked at charged something like .3 book hours per wheel)
Thanks for the info! I'm going to rummage through my stuff at home and see if I accidentally took it out of the car when I bought it. If not - I plan on ordering a black lug nut kit anyway so I'll have it all replaced at once.

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
Thanks for the info! I'm going to rummage through my stuff at home and see if I accidentally took it out of the car when I bought it. If not - I plan on ordering a black lug nut kit anyway so I'll have it all replaced at once.
If they are the Ford supplied but Dealer installed (aka security package), the key and a slip of paper with the key code should be in a little black/clear bag that says McGard with 4 factory take-off lugnuts, usually we would leave them in the glovebox or in the spare tire well.

OP
OP

vpec13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If they are the Ford supplied but Dealer installed (aka security package), the key and a slip of paper with the key code should be in a little black/clear bag that says McGard with 4 factory take-off lugnuts, usually we would leave them in the glovebox or in the spare tire well.
I bought it used from a non Ford dealer. I also recall their was a little MOPAR (why I have no idea) box in the glove box that had spare lug nuts in it. So I'm assuming their was a key in there as well. But I do not recall.

Deleted member 35786

My sons Acura had a key lug nut on it. We stopped by the dealer asked if we could borrow their lug nut key for 30sec, we swapped it out with our own lug nut on the spot. Returned the key, no charge. Took all of 2min.

OP
OP

vpec13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My sons Acura had a key lug nut on it. We stopped by the dealer asked if we could borrow their lug nut key for 30sec, we swapped it out with our own lug nut on the spot. Returned the key, no charge. Took all of 2min.
This is exactly what I may try to do
Sponsored