Sponsored

After months of indecisiveness, I'm ready to ROCK! Just a few questions first. ;)

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So, after months of postponing my Mustang purchase wondering if 2017 will be the year that Ford decides to offer the Performance Pack with the auto, I can say with adequate confidence (from what little info we have) that no such combo will be made available in the new model year.

With that being said, since I can't have a PP/Auto combo, then I might as well atleast be able to get the color I want(D.I.B, Guard, or Ruby Red) seeing as 2 out of the 3 colors won't be available in 2017.

Now on to my questions:

First, the list of options I'm getting is short as I'll be buying aftermarket suspension components and wheels so the only options I'm getting is the 5.0, Automatic trans, and the 3:55 rear end. The only thing I don't know about is the exterior visual differences between the Premium and standard car. Can some one post a pic of a standard car and a premium car and point out the differences? If I'm dropping $32-$35 thousand bucks on a car, I'm not going to cheap out on a little extra if it's worth it to make the car look more purposeful and refined.

Second question, any downsides/negative comments about any of the 3 colors that I'm mulling over(D.I.B, Guard, or Ruby Red)? I know colors have an effect on a cars proportions and I prefer a color which makes the car appear a bit more slim/slender(I.E. "black is slimming") so I'd like a bit of input on that.

Other than that, once I get a better idea on those 2 points, I'll be off to the dealer to place my order and to join the club! Thanks in advance for any input guys. :)
Sponsored

abuch91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Premium Has the black rear Diffuser

Base does not

And Ruby Red all the way :)

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
What he said, but DIB
4a95cf251de12dfaf3ad4119d50eb7c9.jpg

OP
OP
Less Weight

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks for the quick reply, abuch. :) I'm surprised that is the only difference. Other than the rear, what other differences are there between the base car and the Premium? Visual (exterior), visual(interior) and any and all features and bells and whistles. Oh, and that's one vote for Ruby Red.

Sponsored

abuch91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
The blue is sexy, but the red pops too..I was torn between DIB and RR and as it turns out I haven't regretted my decision in the least. There's a reason you pay more ;)

Stock pic when I first got her
uTCiWDB.jpg

8jBT8Qd.jpg

OP
OP
Less Weight

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
How much extra is the Ruby Red option? Also, what is the additional cost to upgrade to Premium?

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
RR is 395 I think. My 2011 was Red Candy so I went DIB. Glad I did.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Less Weight- you will be ordering a 2017 in Ruby Red.

You are right up against the 2016my deadline which means you need to find a dealer and order NOW. And NO not every dealer has allocation for an instant order before the new order deadline runs in a few days.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Less Weight

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Less Weight- you will be ordering a 2017 in Ruby Red.

You are right up against the 2016my deadline which means you need to find a dealer and order NOW. And NO not every dealer has allocation for an instant order before the new order deadline runs in a few days.
In thee immortal words of Homer Simpson: "DOH!"

But seriously, I thought the order deadline was the begining of April? Am I missing something?

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Diffuser is the only difference really externally, the heated/cooled seats and switches are very nice! I have DIB and I love it, but if you are anal and need to have a spotless car, I would not get it. Guard is nice, looks grey with a hint of green in overcast sky and very green in sunlight, which some people do not like. RR is beautiful, but not sure how hard to keep clean.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Just to make you think more...
IMG_1926_resize.jpg
Mustang_Kiss_cropped.jpg
Sponsored