Sponsored

2018 Mustang GT- Dealer Lied/ non stop CEL under 3k Miles

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
There are actually people who purchase a car as a second car and hold on to it and for whatever reason, health, divorce, kids etc. change
plans. My weekender has 2000 miles and is an example of a GT anyone would want and be lucky to get if I ever decided to sell.
Ok great. Certainly they are out there.

There's also a TON of 18-19's that are "buy backs". So you are taking a gamble.

Did I say every low mile example is a lemon rip off? Nope. I just wouldn't buy a low mile new car personally for the reasons stated above.

Glad your car goes against the trend and for some reason felt the need to tell me about it.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Ok great. Certainly they are out there.

There's also a TON of 18-19's that are "buy backs". So you are taking a gamble.

Did I say every low mile example is a lemon rip off? Nope. I just wouldn't buy a low mile new car personally for the reasons stated above.

Glad your car goes against the trend and for some reason felt the need to tell me about it.
I apologize if somehow I hurt your feelings.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Tell your Dealership POC you want an OASIS report. That report will show the entire repair history of the vehicle - both warranty and non-warranty work. It would also show if the car was a prior Buy Back.

If I were you, I’d definitely call the Ford 800# and get a Case number established to document your concerns.

OP
OP
Mike10645

Mike10645

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Tell your Dealership POC you want an OASIS report. That report will show the entire repair history of the vehicle - both warranty and non-warranty work. It would also show if the car was a prior Buy Back.

If I were you, I’d definitely call the Ford 800# and get a Case number established to document your concerns.
I have created a case with Ford today, they told me I don’t qualify for a buyback yet per MS guidelines. Also created a case with BBB. Looks like the law says I have a case if it has 3 or more repairs for the same issue. If I count the time before owned it, this would be 3.

Just working through this process. In my opinion, the dealership should just take it back and deal with this on their own. They are the ones who had it returned and purposely lied to me about that. I wouldn’t have bought the car knowing someone returned it.

I can’t find anything on another owner before me. Only thing I can think is maybe it didn’t make it far enough to be titled so it’s not showing up, but I’m not sure how it works. Only confirmation is from the dealership itself saying that someone had it and brought it back.

OP
OP
Mike10645

Mike10645

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Was the car previously titled?
The vin error is an e&o claim
Don’t let them or you participate in letting them fix the error

Tell them to unwind the deal
I can’t find anything on another owner before me. Only thing I can think is maybe it didn’t make it far enough to be titled so it’s not showing up. Only confirmation is from the dealership itself saying that someone had it and brought it back because of the issue.

I think they should deal with this since they purposely kept that from me. They should give me a new car and deal with all this buyback crap on their own.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mike10645

Mike10645

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I can’t find anything on another owner before me. Only thing I can think is maybe it didn’t make it far enough to be titled so it’s not showing up. Only confirmation is from the dealership itself saying that someone had it and brought it back because of the issue.

I think they should deal with this since they purposely kept that from me. They should give me a new car and deal with all this buyback crap on their own.
Cancel that, my dumbass completely overlooked it. It does show the original purchase in December.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
....I think they should deal with this since they purposely kept that from me. They should give me a new car and deal with all this buyback crap on their own.
Your white knight is the vin debacle....

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Your white knight is the vin debacle....
Look at your RIC...retail installment contract. Which box is checked? New or Used/Preowned ??????

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check the in service date too...if doesn’t jive with your purchase date they will unwind the deal. Be professional about it and you should get what you want

OP
OP
Mike10645

Mike10645

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Check the in service date too...if doesn’t jive with your purchase date they will unwind the deal. Be professional about it and you should get what you want

So here are the dates listed on my CARFAX. It still doesn’t show my purchase yet, I guess because I have not tagged it yet. There was a delay in getting them, and I just received word that I can go to my Clerk to get them. It’s been in the shop since then, and I’m not sure how this will play out, so I’m holding off going up there.

6/12/18: manufactured, shipped to dealer.
6/22/18: pre-delivery inspection complete.
8/8/18: vehicle serviced
9/19/18: service, spark plugs replaced
12/14/18: MS vehicle purchase reported, registration issued, first owner reported, titled or registered as a personal vehicle, loan or lien reported.
1/29/19: vehicle serviced
3/4/19: vehicle serviced

I purchased/ received the vehicle on 1/22/19, all paperwork listed it as NEW.

Question. Since it was sold prior to me, do I even need to go through this buyback stuff, or is there a way I can just get a new vehicle because of that?

I spoke with the GM and asked how it can be sold to me as new if it shows it was purchased before. His comment is:

“As far as the carfax goes, they must have started the registration process before the car was being returned which is how the car fax picked it up. To my knowledge they do not look for reversals. When the car was sold to you it was still a new car as far as Ford is concerned since the sale was reversed. That is how you got the rebate.”

Do I have an easier option to get in another car than the buyback/ replacement process?

OP
OP
Mike10645

Mike10645

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
How do I go about unwinding the deal? Not sure exactly what you mean, and who is the one I need to be taking to, Ford or that dealer.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
You need to know what the in service date is , to determine when the car was first sold . That will be registered to Ford . That you will need an oasis report not a car fax . Please read the PM I sent you , I can help you with that .
Sponsored