Sponsored

Misfires 2016 Gt procharged Please Help!!

JPSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Procharged stage 2 D1X, running NGK 6510 (per Lund) gapped to .028 with a light drag on the feeler gauge. No problems with mis-fires with this.
Sponsored

JPSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You know after rereading the op post. A canned tune, misfire, changed the plugs, changed out the intake to an 18 locked the imrc's, and turned them off (don't know how that works). Seems like you may be compounding the problem without some real data logs and someone looking at and diagnosing before throwing parts at it. I thought you would have to re do the tune to swap intakes. I know I did originally pop a code when I first put the procharger on. don't remember what it was now, but did a crank relearn and it was all good. Just read another post on somewhat the same topic for a gt350 and he had a misfire at higher rpm's, but a crank relearn fixed it. Just a bunch of random thoughts, sorry

OP
OP

Haddama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Yes it can as stated above. The only way to know for sure would be under a full saturation test. While I deal mostly with motors and transformers which I can test with a megger inducing 100-500V into the coil to saturate it and measure the insulation of the winding to ground, I am not sure what the process would be for a COP though the theory is the same.

Don't forget to inspect the rubber boot for tears in either case. A pin hole in the boot would allow voltage potential to find its way to the engine block rather than through teh spark plug.

Just as a thought you may wish to share the brand of plug you were running as well as the brand of plug you run now. I'm FI but not running a PC. So maybe a Pro Charger owner may have a suggestion in the event there may possibly be a better spark plug option for your setup in the slim event that could be the problem. All a part of troubleshooting....ruling out the distracters.
Running ngk 6510s per almost everyone’s recommendation. I did inspect the boots thoroughly. Thanks for the information

OP
OP

Haddama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
You know after rereading the op post. A canned tune, misfire, changed the plugs, changed out the intake to an 18 locked the imrc's, and turned them off (don't know how that works). Seems like you may be compounding the problem without some real data logs and someone looking at and diagnosing before throwing parts at it. I thought you would have to re do the tune to swap intakes. I know I did originally pop a code when I first put the procharger on. don't remember what it was now, but did a crank relearn and it was all good. Just read another post on somewhat the same topic for a gt350 and he had a misfire at higher rpm's, but a crank relearn fixed it. Just a bunch of random thoughts, sorry
Thanks for the information. I really don’t think the tune is the issue since I had the same problem before deleting the imrc out. However, I would like a custom tune one day. Can you advise me on how to do a crank relearn?

JPSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is through my Lund n gauge, I know that may not help you, but maybe you can through what ever you use to tune your car. What device do you have? Just trying to exhaust all options cause I feel your frustration we have all been there.

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
What tuner (device) are you tuned with?

Has the problem come come back since swapping coils? How many times did these codes come back after clearing them in total?

How many km total have you had the SC on? How many km have you been having problems with it for? Since the beginning? Just started Recently? Just one tank of gas? Cleared and reappeared over multiple tanks of gas? Give some more details pertaining to these things. Also what mod(s) was/were the most recently installed to when the misfiring / code throwing began?

OP
OP

Haddama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Mine is through my Lund n gauge, I know that may not help you, but maybe you can through what ever you use to tune your car. What device do you have? Just trying to exhaust all options cause I feel your frustration we have all been there.
I have the diablo that came from Procharger with the kit. It is what they use for the canned tunes

OP
OP

Haddama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
What tuner (device) are you tuned with?

Has the problem come come back since swapping coils? How many times did these codes come back after clearing them in total?

How many km total have you had the SC on? How many km have you been having problems with it for? Since the beginning? Just started Recently? Just one tank of gas? Cleared and reappeared over multiple tanks of gas? Give some more details pertaining to these things. Also what mod(s) was/were the most recently installed to when the misfiring / code throwing began?
Diablo is the tuner. Most of the other information is in my original post, but I can summarize. 12000 miles on Procharger before misfires started. That is the only mods to the car until I swapped the intakes. The intake swap was after the codes began. Multiple tanks of gas. Several resets on the codes.

JPSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Have no idea about the Diablo sorry, maybe someone could chime in on this. Would still try a crank relearn before anything else to rule it out. These cars are kinda funny for just poping out random stuff from some other stuff I have read.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I have dealt with this and might still be dealing with it. Started like 6 months ago. P0300. I changed plugs and seemed to have gone away. Then came back during a track pass. Did a fuel system, changed 02 sensors. All fine during logs. Went to track, came back in on back half. Checked belt, pulled plugs and regapped all a hair tighter, locked out IMRCs, compression test (all 210-220). Did logs, hasnt come in yet. We'll see. FYI, I dont have catalytics.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
My Procharger D1x is tuned by Revolution Automotive my gap is set .25... your gap .30 is causing the issue. I would get rid of the canned tune and have someone good tune it. you'll get more power and better drive-ability. If you have cats lose them...

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
My Procharger D1x is tuned by Revolution Automotive my gap is set .25... your gap .30 is causing the issue. I would get rid of the canned tune and have someone good tune it. you'll get more power and better drive-ability. If you have cats lose them...
Wondering what your thoughts on Procharger specifying .035” gapped plugs in their install instructions. I’ve heard some smart guys say spark gap isn’t nearly as important as some make it out to be.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I have tuned countless coyotes since 2011.... all have the gap set to .032 with NO issues.
The only time I close the gap is cars making 800+ rwhp, and then I run .026

99 out of 100 times someone says "I have miss-fires" I pull the plugs and find them cracked, from installation.
I now have a bucked of spark plugs as a reminder... (they usually crack the rear plugs, due to using the wrong length extension)

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Mine (NGK 6510) are gapped at .028 - it's what I find to be consistent for my motor. I never get misfires and my car gets run pretty dang hard. I replace the plugs at the start of every race season.

What I use to gap my plugs consistently: gap tool.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
My 6510s are gapped at .028 as well. This is/was my first boosted car (Procharged) and after having it on for 9500 miles I started getting random misfire codes. Drove me nuts....never thought it could be the plugs ...i was use to 40k intervals or more NA...but did one thing at a time. It was the plugs...replaced and all was good for another 9500.
Sponsored