Sponsored

Cleaning undercarriage?

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I normally just spray under the car with the pressure washer as I'm cleaning it, but I'm wondering if I should start using some cleaning products on the under carriage (degreaser or foam cannon) to clean it better? Does anyone do more than just spray the underside of the car with a pressure washer, or is hitting it with a pressure washer enough? I would like to clean it like I do my wheel wells, which is spray it down with cleaner and scrub it, but the undercarriage would be tough without a lift.
Sponsored

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I have one of the electric Sun Joe pressure washers which does allow me to put soap in it, but I heard the electric pressure washers don't have enough power to use with the undercarriage washers and a gas powered one is pretty much required.

limited02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
Thanks. I have one of the electric Sun Joe pressure washers which does allow me to put soap in it, but I heard the electric pressure washers don't have enough power to use with the undercarriage washers and a gas powered one is pretty much required.
It does state that 2500psi and up would provide the best result, but works with 1500psi as well. I figured you could soap the ever living mother out of the undercarriage, let it soak for a bit and then run rinse it all off with fresh water. I was tempted to get one myself (only have a 1700psi washer) but I have enough trouble keeping the exterior of my car clean.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It does state that 2500psi and up would provide the best result, but works with 1500psi as well. I figured you could soap the ever living mother out of the undercarriage, let it soak for a bit and then run rinse it all off with fresh water. I was tempted to get one myself (only have a 1700psi washer) but I have enough trouble keeping the exterior of my car clean.
I seen a product called "Salt Off". I might get a sprayer and hit the undercarriage with that really well, then hit it with the pressure washer. It's supposed to break down salt then leave a protective layer. It's only like $40/gallon so worth a try.

Sponsored

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
I’d recommend the whips wax salt remover, I’ve tested it this past garbage winter on a commuter. Works well on interior mats, liners, carpet, exterior.