Gt vs 350

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
If you can afford a GT350 buy it. That engine is special.
Meh. It's special, but not that much. Drove both. Preferred the GT.
Sponsored

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
If it was shifting too soon to not feel power then you probably weren't giving it enough gas. Above 4,000 rpm the Gen 3 Coyote 5.0 engine in the 18+ GT has some serious pull. And it pulls hard all the way to the redline. And it sounds glorious doing it IMO. The A10 GT does the 1/4 mile quicker and at a similar or slightly higher trap speed than the GT350 and GT350R. That A10 and Gen 3 Coyote drivetrain in the 18/19 GT is no joke. I agree that below 3k rpms is not its bread and butter, torque-wise, like a bigger displacement OHV V8 as in the Camaro SS. However, I find it more than adequate for normal daily traffic, even for passing I don't have to come anywhere near wide open throttle. The 5.0 in the 18/19 GT sounds great, but it won't quite sound like the flat plant crank 5.2 Voodoo in the GT350. One of the things I needed, or rather, that was really important to me, was the Safe and smart package. It has all of the modern safety technology. If my memory serves me correct, the GT350 doesn't have as many safety tech. options. One thing to note is that I think the GT350 has even less bottom end torque than the 5.0. The last dyno I saw of the GT350 engine had a serious jump in torque around 3,500 rpm or so. And to compound that compared to the A10 GT, it only has 6 gears. If the GT350 could be optioned with the A10, that would be one quick car. It would be an 11.8 second car in the 1/4 mile from the factory and trap about 121 mph. My GT Premium has the A10, MagneRide, PP1, and the Safe and Smart package. It's optioned perfectly for me. Hope this helps.
Yup how come no GT350 A10 Ford? RE 2015-17 It took 3 yrs to offer a performance pack auto. So now I decided to build 1 that Ford should have done.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I’ve owned both. 2017 GT350 and now an 18 base model A10 GT. The only thing I miss about the GT350 is the uniqueness of the engine and the sound. My GT with about $5k in mods is faster. The handling with the suspension I’ve done is close to the GT350 but not exactly.
Zero regrets on my selling of the GT350 and getting the GT.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Not that buying a car like this involves a lot of logic, but here are some additional factors to weigh. TCO factors - the GT350 is going to retain a higher percentage resale over time, maintenance costs for the GT350 will be marginally higher. The GT350 comes with significant upgrades baked in - Tires/wheels/brakes alone are arguably $3-5K.
X2.

For 3k in difference, why is this even a choice? 350 all the way.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
For 3k in difference, why is this even a choice?
Because much like tires/wheels/brakes alone are $3-5k, Digital cluster/sync3/acc alone are easy $3-5k. Each car has their own benefits, and either could be a better choice depending on what you're looking for from a car

Sponsored

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Because much like tires/wheels/brakes alone are $3-5k, Digital cluster/sync3/acc alone are easy $3-5k. Each car has their own benefits, and either could be a better choice depending on what you're looking for from a car
Unique car with bespoke engine, limited production, ready for track use, and will be worth a lot more in 3 to 5 years than the PP1 GT its being compared to. It's not even a decision on choosing between a 350 and throwing away money on stuff that will not retain any value.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Unique car with bespoke engine, limited production, ready for track use, and will be worth a lot more in 3 to 5 years than the PP1 GT its being compared to. It's not even a decision on choosing between a 350 and throwing away money on stuff that will not retain any value.
Some people don't care about how special other people think their car is, nor do some people care about resale value. Much like the GT, it's only "ready for track use" in certain configurations. And ultimately, as stated before, GT350s in the past 3 years have lost more value overall than GTs. But I must ask, if you're so dead set on the GT350 undoubtedly being the better purchase in any given scenario, why didn't you buy one?

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Some people don't care about how special other people think their car is, nor do some people care about resale value. Much like the GT, it's only "ready for track use" in certain configurations. And ultimately, as stated before, GT350s in the past 3 years have lost more value overall than GTs. But I must ask, if you're so dead set on the GT350 undoubtedly being the better purchase in any given scenario, why didn't you buy one?
I'm not saying that's it's a more special car for other people, it's just a more special car to have. It doesn't drive like a regular PP1 GT,, and the performance envelope is much higher. I was assuming he is looking at new cars, all the 17+ GT350s come with the track pack included, and all the coolers. The 350s have not lost more value over all. The 16s, which are not as desirable as the newer ones, are still in the mid 40s, even with 40k miles. Go look at what a 16 GT Premium is going for with 40k miles and you'll see what I'll taking about.

As for why I didn't buy one.... well, it's because I got an amazing deal on a left over 2018, M6, PP1, 301A, active exhaust optioned GT. I got if for $31,500 before TTL. The car had a sticker of $44k. My depreciation is taken care of for the next 2 or 3 years, and I could probably get 33k for it private party right now. Came down to economics and me not wanting to buy a used GT350.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not saying that's it's a more special car for other people, it's just a more special car to have. It doesn't drive like a regular PP1 GT,, and the performance envelope is much higher. I was assuming he is looking at new cars, all the 17+ GT350s come with the track pack included, and all the coolers. The 350s have not lost more value over all. The 16s, which are not as desirable as the newer ones, are still in the mid 40s, even with 40k miles. Go look at what a 16 GT Premium is going for with 40k miles and you'll see what I'll taking about.

As for why I didn't buy one.... well, it's because I got an amazing deal on a left over 2018, M6, PP1, 301A, active exhaust optioned GT. I got if for $31,500 before TTL. The car had a sticker of $44k. My depreciation is taken care of for the next 2 or 3 years, and I could probably get 33k for it private party right now. Came down to economics and me not wanting to buy a used GT350.
Except when you look at the reality, "a special car to own" is fully dependent on how the owner views it. To me, my GT is more special to me than any run-of-the-mill GT350. No one else sees it that way, but I don't care how special other people find my car. Some people do, and those kind of people are the ones who should buy a GT350 instead. The performance envelope is not "much higher"... in fact, if you get a PP2, it's a driver's race between the 2 cars. I'm assuming he's not looking at new cars, for if he were, there'd be much more than a $3k gap between them. The GT350s have lost more value overall. The 16 which I just drove last week (and which my friend ended up buying) was a <5000 mile track pack car, and the asking price was $43k. That's over $20k lost (assuming a minor ADM came into play) in 3 years. Meanwhile, a 2016 base GT with the same kind of mileage is still a $25k+ car, less than $10k off the original MSRP. Don't let the "Shelby" name fool you, standard GT350s are not that rare and lose value just like the Boss 302s did.

So what you're saying is, you'll have a better resale value on your GT than you would in a GT350, and that there are other reasons (new vs used) why someone might want to buy a GT over a GT350... kind of defeats your whole purpose here, does it not?

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Except when you look at the reality, "a special car to own" is fully dependent on how the owner views it. To me, my GT is more special to me than any run-of-the-mill GT350. No one else sees it that way, but I don't care how special other people find my car. Some people do, and those kind of people are the ones who should buy a GT350 instead. The performance envelope is not "much higher"... in fact, if you get a PP2, it's a driver's race between the 2 cars. I'm assuming he's not looking at new cars, for if he were, there'd be much more than a $3k gap between them. The GT350s have lost more value overall. The 16 which I just drove last week (and which my friend ended up buying) was a <5000 mile track pack car, and the asking price was $43k. That's over $20k lost (assuming a minor ADM came into play) in 3 years. Meanwhile, a 2016 base GT with the same kind of mileage is still a $25k+ car, less than $10k off the original MSRP. Don't let the "Shelby" name fool you, standard GT350s are not that rare and lose value just like the Boss 302s did.

So what you're saying is, you'll have a better resale value on your GT than you would in a GT350, and that there are other reasons (new vs used) why someone might want to buy a GT over a GT350... kind of defeats your whole purpose here, does it not?
I'm not taking about ADM, I'm not talking about PP2. Facts are, he is looking at a gt350 vs a PP1 for a 3k difference. Gt350 will be a better value in the long run for resale. Gt350 drives better. Gt350 is more capable. Gt350 feels better, even driving at low speeds. You can throw money at your GT to make it more special to you, but that will not add value to your car if you want to sell it. Just adding fixed rear calipers to a GT would cost more than 3k, and that's money that's being thrown away. You brought up Boss 302s. A 12 Boss, which are not as desirable as the 13s, go for more than 17 GTs, let alone any s197. And I'm not saying I'll have a better resale value on my GT then on a GT350. I'm saying, my depreciation has already been paid for. If i could have gotten an 18 GT350 for 34,500 that would not have even been a choice. But fact was, invoice on an 18 350 was still 57k and change. $25,500 difference. Wasn't worth it to me to spend almost double the money.

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Assumes facts not in evidence.
Proof is that they are selling for 10 to 20% under what they cost brand new while being 2 years old and the same can not be said for a GT of the same year.

Presents subjective opinion as fact.
Yes, the car that every independent review has called the best mustang ever certainly doesn't drive better than whatever you have. Good for you.

Uh, no. Maybe in Glendale AZ or on a track, but from personal experience, not anywhere where the roads see freeze / thaw cycles.
Well I drove a GT350 not only in Glendale, but also in Moberly, Missouri, and yes, it drove much better than a PP1 GT.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, the car that every independent review has called the best mustang ever certainly doesn't drive better than whatever you have. Good for you.
Now, now, don't get excited. An appeal to authority is never a good tactical move in a debate, especially one that can be disproved by finding an independent review that doesn't say so.

Sit down, take a nice calming breath, perhaps have a cup of tea, and try again.

Well I drove a GT350 not only in Glendale, but also in Moberly, Missouri, and yes, it drove much better than a PP1 GT.
Missouri, with it's humid subtropical climate, really doesn't meet the "roads that see freeze / thaw cycles" requirement, does it?

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Now, now, don't get excited. An appeal to authority is never a good tactical move in a debate, especially one that can be disproved by finding an independent review that doesn't say so.

Sit down, take a nice calming breath, perhaps have a cup of tea, and try again.
Ah yes, you're on of those people. Have a nice day bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.