Sponsored

More questions- ACC, vacuum gauge

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
So as I plan my FI modifications, I keep stumbling on more questions...

Will the Adaptive cruise still work with forced induction? I read a thread where it doesn’t and messes up throttle mapping with the Whipple. Also the sensor itself may need to recalibrated and it’s a tight fit (or won’t fit) with the bigger heat exchanger on the Whipple. True or not?

Will the factory vacuum Gaige in my dash ( I have only vacuum - no boost) read actual boost pressure though? I would likely get the Boost Box Omega for my nGauge however.

With the ACC is there any issues with boost?

I haven’t made up my mind on which FI yet either. Eek!!
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
The vacuum/boost gage is artificial inferred data. Get the boost box.i think the only probs with acc is the bumper sensor and intercooler.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Whipple says the ACC sensor fits (barely) with the big HE, but it does not come anywhere close to fitting on my car. I had to remove it and now cruise control doesn't work at all.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Suggest you contact VMP Performance and ask them about their triple pass unit which is not as thick as the Whipple unit but makes an extra pass through the HE which is a good thing. It has 11" dual fans as well. I ran this unit on my 14 and was very happy with it. The guys there will know for sure if it really fits as they not only conceived it but also install it.

I assume you have the gauge package on your car (PP). That unit can be swapped with the ecoboost gauge kit which will provide boost. However it is not an accurate account of actual boost/vacuum if that matters(to me it does). So picking up the module to run with your Ngage would be an alternative. I already spent the money on a boost gauge and mount before deciding to retune the car through Lund and go with the Ngage because of it's much easier datalogging vice using the Livelink II through a laptop with the SCT X4.

Whipple or VMP FTW on PD. I cannot speak for centri setups. Tune with Lund since you have an auto....so this means get a tuner package and not an all in one kit regardless of which way you go IMHO. Alex now at Lund, was at VMP. He worked with me to dial in my 2014 FI 6R80 setup and did a bangup job. He is at Lund now. The car I just picked up last fall lacks drive ability and has shift issues. It gets retuned 3/6 with Lund using Alex by request so I get the same result I got and loved on my 14 setup.

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Suggest you contact VMP Performance and ask them about their triple pass unit which is not as thick as the Whipple unit but makes an extra pass through the HE which is a good thing. It has 11" dual fans as well. I ran this unit on my 14 and was very happy with it. The guys there will know for sure if it really fits as they not only conceived it but also install it.

I assume you have the gauge package on your car (PP). That unit can be swapped with the ecoboost gauge kit which will provide boost. However it is not an accurate account of actual boost/vacuum if that matters(to me it does). So picking up the module to run with your Ngage would be an alternative. I already spent the money on a boost gauge and mount before deciding to retune the car through Lund and go with the Ngage because of it's much easier datalogging vice using the Livelink II through a laptop with the SCT X4.

Whipple or VMP FTW on PD. I cannot speak for centri setups. Tune with Lund since you have an auto....so this means get a tuner package and not an all in one kit regardless of which way you go IMHO. Alex now at Lund, was at VMP. He worked with me to dial in my 2014 FI 6R80 setup and did a bangup job. He is at Lund now. The car I just picked up last fall lacks drive ability and has shift issues. It gets retuned 3/6 with Lund using Alex by request so I get the same result I got and loved on my 14 setup.
Non PP. it’s the gauge in the cluster itself, not the separate gauge on the dash.

Does the VMP triple pass work with a Whipple? Still haven’t picked which FI I’m going with but have it narrowed down lol.

Trying to be that “informed consumer” type.

Thanks!

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Any heat exchanger will plumb into any SC intercooler system. It's not hodgepodge or half ass fitment. It's simply rerouting the piping to accommodate a three pass unit vice a two pass unit. Bigger is always better.

To clarify as some confuse the items in the heat removal system on a PD setup, the Intercooler (IC) is the unit on the intake unit that the boosted air flow is passing over and absorbing the heat from the intake air before it enters the cylinder. The IC (aka Recirc) pump is the device recirculating the heat removal medium (a water or water/glycol mix in this case) through the system. The Heat Exchanger (HE) is the device mounted behind the grill that dissipates the heat in the liquid medium to atmosphere before it is reintroduced back to the holding reservoir and then is routed back to the IC. Some systems place the reservoir and pump on the supply others on the return but the parts of the system and the process are all the same.

Increase medium flow (volume) and/or increase the area of the HE that dissipates the absorbed heat from the boost process are the two key focal points for upgrading any SC heat dissipation system that is air-to-water in the PD world. Centri's (vortech procharger Paxton) commonly use an air-air system that pass the boosted air through an intercooler mounted behind the grill before it finds it's way to the intake. This is why there is often confusion when speakign on air-water vice air-air systems.

Hope this helps.

The triple pass will mount I know on a 15-17GT. You will need to talk to the experts about fitment with regard to the adaptive CC sensors and so forth to get all the details.

As for the dash vacuum reading, I understand that the 15 would allow boost to be seen but 16+ only could display vacuum. Either way just like the PP setup it is not very accurate. Do the transducer for the Ngage IMHO since you are going to mount the unit in the center AC slot.

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Thanks.

Lots of info.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
You can change the asbuilt code in the IPC Speedometer to get the boost gauge instead of just vacuum.

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Is this difficult to do? Any instructions on this? Can you add the digital speedometer and gear indicator as well?

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase