Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

Lfoot937

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 1977 bronco
New to the forum. I just got signed up for May 29-30. Question for all of you, aside from the sponsored hotel that offers an airport shuttle, what kinds of transportation have guys been using to get to and from the track? I’m flying in from Spokane, Wa.
Sponsored

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
New to the forum. I just got signed up for May 29-30. Question for all of you, aside from the sponsored hotel that offers an airport shuttle, what kinds of transportation have guys been using to get to and from the track? I’m flying in from Spokane, Wa.
i think most guys just rent a car. I don't think there is any other viable option to and from the track.

mattballislife

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ballislife.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
gt350R
I made the mistake of not looking up how far it was away from the hotel. The hotel is literally right next to the airport but about 30+ minutes from the track. It’s in a very small town that doesn’t even have a taxi service. Either rent a car for yourself or team up with someone else who is going. I got lucky and got a ride from another attendee after nearly being stranded after the dinner by taking an Uber lol.

If you do rent a car get it early cause if you wait til the last minute the rates will go up to $100/day for a corolla lol.

Sponsored

enthusiastic9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350®
I went there for the ST Octane Academy in 2016. I rented a car and drove downstate to a couple of National Parks. I highly suggest doing that. Utah is so beautiful! I found a good deal on AirBnB as well.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express as the north end of Tooele - about 10 min from the track and a Starbucks nearby so that Mrs. Muligan had her caffeine in the morning.

As other's have said, I highly recommend renting a car and adding a few extra days. Lots of great places in the mountains (and ski areas if you're there with some snow left) within an hour or less and some of the best National Parks are just a few hours away.

For something close by, check out Antelope Island, too.

Lfoot937

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 1977 bronco
Thanks for the advice, I’ll just book a rental at the airport. Thought about doing Turo but have heard some horror stories.

Bolzen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Signed up for the May 5-6th class. Figured the misses and I will drive out for the class, then head south to Zion & Bryce NPS.

Amac8487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/ '16 C7 06
I will be there April 7-9, and doing the additional day in the Boss 302. Im PUMPED!!!!

Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I will be there April 7-9, and doing the additional day in the Boss 302. Im PUMPED!!!!
Great decision on the 2nd day! It's very different than the GT350.

Also, you should spring for the in-car video option. It's a little pricey, but as long as you're there, you'll end up with two camera views, one out the front and one on the driver, with all the data and graphs. You'll look great even if you're as slow as I was.:whew:

1966 2+2 289

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
supercharged V8 Jaguar

Also, you should spring for the in-car video option. It's a little pricey, but as long as you're there, you'll end up with two camera views, one out the front and one on the driver, with all the data and graphs. You'll look great even if you're as slow as I was.:whew:
Hi Guys I also booked for the 2 day event on April 15 and 16. I have time so I will drive my 4 door Dodge Ram , Mrs and I staying at the comfort in next to the airport. If someone on those dates cannot get a rental car we have room. RE: the parks in Southern Utah, I have been to Arches, Canyon Lands,they are awesome and worth the effort. This looks like fun.

JWB350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R (Kona Blue)
Hi Guys I also booked for the 2 day event on April 15 and 16. I have time so I will drive my 4 door Dodge Ram , Mrs and I staying at the comfort in next to the airport. If someone on those dates cannot get a rental car we have room. RE: the parks in Southern Utah, I have been to Arches, Canyon Lands,they are awesome and worth the effort. This looks like fun.
See you April 15-16. I’m staying at a Hampton Inn somewhat near the track.
Also there 4/15-16; staying at the Hampton Inn in Tooele. Should be fun!

Amac8487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/ '16 C7 06

I think I am going to do that... When I signed up I didn't commit to the video. as I was put on the spot and was like ummmmmmm let me think about it hahaha... I think it makes sense though.. First time out on a track, flying all the way from Florida.. and I know my dad would love to view the footage when I get home :D