Sponsored

Gig's Performance Engineering 77mm Ported Throttle body

Jared_J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I actually like it that they port OEM TB for quality reasons, and look like they charge reasonably for the labor of porting. Do you know which TB they are using exactly?

BBK's charging a TB for 400 bucks is definitely a rip off. I learned their quality from the shorty header.
Nevermind. Just read it's 3.7 OEM TB ported.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nagare

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I actually like it that they port OEM TB for quality reasons, and look like they charge reasonably for the labor of porting. Do you know which TB they are using exactly?

BBK's charging a TB for 400 bucks is definitely a rip off. I learned their quality from the shorty header.
They are using the Mustang 3.7 OEM Ford Throttle Body

Jared_J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Installed the 77mm throttle body yesterday, very happy with the results.
Throttle response is much faster and much more linear. It used to be laggy down low, and then you push more it downshifts and shots to redline.
The statistical validation should be my intake vacuum reading: Now it can very easily reach to zero vacuum for any speed higher than 50mph, and the reading seem to be truncated at zero on my 2015 model. With the stock throttle body a zero vacuum reading used to be barely achievable only at 85mph+, though with big mouth setup.
Also the speed the vacuum reaching down to zero is astonishing, almost takes no time. With the stock one it takes like 1 or 2 seconds to reach up to 1Hg and takes forever to reach zero.
Looks like a larger throttle body mod isn't gimmick at all.

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Installed the 77mm throttle body yesterday, very happy with the results.
Throttle response is much faster and much more linear. It used to be laggy down low, and then you push more it downshifts and shots to redline.
The statistical validation should be my intake vacuum reading: Now it can very easily reach to zero vacuum for any speed higher than 50mph, and the reading seem to be truncated at zero on my 2015 model. With the stock throttle body a zero vacuum reading used to be barely achievable only at 85mph+, though with big mouth setup.
Also the speed the vacuum reaching down to zero is astonishing, almost takes no time. With the stock one it takes like 1 or 2 seconds to reach up to 1Hg and takes forever to reach zero.
Looks like a larger throttle body mod isn't gimmick at all.

No it's not a gimmick at all, in real world it's probably only ~2whp but a gain is a gain. The price for this unit is a step in the right direction from the $400 one from BBK with questionable gears/electronics.

Sponsored

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
Installed mine today. 15 min job took 4 hours because of ONE stripped bolt... Had to literally break the old throttle body where the 4th bolt is connected in order to unscrew it. I know this looks like a horror show but it got the job done. This pic is off the old tb

F4689457-FD18-428B-92C0-488151B735F7.jpeg

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
I will be looking into this but I’m boosted. Will it be overkill

OP
OP
Nagare

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing is overkill when you're already boosted lol. Probably makes even more of a difference because increased airflow that helps with boost, but definitely not necessary.

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
Nothing is overkill when you're already boosted lol. Probably makes even more of a difference because increased airflow that helps with boost, but definitely not necessary.
Thanks for the response. I just installed 65 lb injectors but stay 93 and will be getting my e85 tune this week depending on my tuners schedule. I might dyno the car to see what gains it got if any. N then again when I switch to e85. Would anyone be interested in the results. I will also look into doing this mod next

OP
OP
Nagare

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be interested, but wouldn't expect anything more than maybe 5hp from a TB. E85 will be the much bigger difference.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nagare

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
That part I'm not so sure on honestly...

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
That part I'm not so sure on honestly...
This is interesting I was wondering if I can just get someone to port my current one. Also Do you all suggest the ported one over the gt throttle body.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Just get the GT/F150 throttle body...did everyone forget about this mod and its low cost. I get the ease of just plug and play on this mod though too. To each they own.

Last edited:

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
This is interesting I was wondering if I can just get someone to port my current one. Also Do you all suggest the ported one over the gt throttle body.
To answer your question @mustangv6magn yes you can get someone to port you current one for about 125 dollars. Check out
www.maxbore.com

I actually had my GT/F150 throttlebody (TB) done by him. I only spent 90 on the GT/F150 on an ebay auction and then 135 total for the porting and shipping plus 50 for the TB adapter. So grand total for an 85mm TB was 275. Yes, it was bit overkill but i wanted to be ready for boost with everything ported. Though now I have to get the metal adapter which is 100.00 and I just might also have to get it port matched. Thinking of just buying a used TB spacer meant for the GT and making my own adapter and port matching. Would be a cheaper alternative I think.
Sponsored