Sponsored

S550 driver survives wrong way head on crash.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
2 guys in a wrong way Honda accord died from the impact. Mustang driver went to the hospital.

Video report @ https://abc7.com/2-killed-3-injured...SYwl0QQIea4kYVnbxdehXS1XfJV5KTvO5YiWX9eRzhI_s

SYLMAR, LOS ANGELES (KABC) --
Two people were killed and three others injured in a wrong-way crash on the 5 Freeway in Sylmar early Friday.

The crash was reported shortly before 3:30 a.m. near the transition ramp on the northbound 5 Freeway at the northbound 14 Freeway. The ramp was shut down for the investigation and reopened shortly before 8 a.m., according to the California Highway Patrol.
S550-Mustang-Head-On-Crash.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
“...it appears alcohol and speed may have been a factor.”
Ya think?

Thankfully the crumple zones and safety equipment did its job. The front end of that Mustang dissipated a heck of a lot of energy.

italianstallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
Incredible for the guy to just be sitting there talking. Amazing.

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
How old was your brother?

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Sorry to hear that, very sad.

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear that, very sad.
Thanks, I was only 22 at the time and close to him. It really sucks, but nothing I can do. He had Born to be wild tattooed on his Forearm, and lived up to it every day.

Sponsored

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
Thanks, I was only 22 at the time and close to him. It really sucks, but nothing I can do. He had Born to be wild tattooed on his Forearm, and lived up to it every day.
You never get over a loss like that. Ill drink one to him later tonight. Rememberance is the best honor we can give.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It's scary that I have friends like that and they keep telling themselves seat belts will kill them in an accident vs hitting the steering wheel or the windshield or possible ejection and run over by other cars.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2016 Corvette C7 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I was involved in a serious car accident a couple of years ago which ended up totaling my '14 GT. I T-boned a guy who decided to cut in front of me from oncoming traffic, while I was going the 40mph speed limit. Didn't even have the time to tap the brakes as it happened so fast. Despite receiving serious injuries (had just had a spinal fusion 9 months before the accident), I was seriously amazed by how well my car protected me from further injuries. The entire front end was destroyed, but the "cockpit" was relatively intact aside from the airbags having been deployed. Funny how you don't think that such a relatively "low speed" crash could possibly do that much damage until you've seen one/experienced one yourself. I do think that I would have been way worse off if I hadn't been driving my Mustang. Definitely made me a believer in their reliability when it comes to collision "safety". Glad the guy in the stang survived, but he's now probably going to be in a world of pain for the rest of his life thanks to the drunk asshole. No real sympathy or compassion for those that drive drunk as there is absolutely no excuse for it in today's world (walking, friends, uber/lyft, cab, etc.. are always a phone call away). Way too many instance of that happening where I live, with quite a few innocent lives lost/impacted because of it.

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
It's scary that I have friends like that and they keep telling themselves seat belts will kill them in an accident vs hitting the steering wheel or the windshield or possible ejection and run over by other cars.
I am going to try and be nice but...your friends are morons.

Here is their logic...

"The thing that will save me 999 out of 1000 might also kill me 1 out if 1000. Verdict....better not risk it"

....Morons. Math is hard I guess .
Sponsored