Ford GT Application Video

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
This doesn't necessarily pertain to the Forum but it does have my 350R in it so I figured it'd be ok. Anyway, I know the possibility of getting one is very very very slim but it was fun making the video anyway. Hope you enjoy!

Sponsored

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
i mean, i would sell you a car for that video...good luck

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Nice vid. Bloody O, they are selling cars to people they had to sue....so I say sell it to a Fun*Honk*Honk*driver....

Sponsored

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
I had opportunity to get an allocation at $50kish above sticker (call it a finders fee to a ford exec I know). I have a 17 raptor and 17 350R (and am a regular track guy at MI tracks in Ford motherland) currently but generally GT allocations are still who you know.

I ended up passing bc I’m too tall (6’6”) to actually drive the car, especially with a helmet, and $600k configured is far out of my comfort level financially. Thus, I realized the main reason I wanted it was to resell it at a profit (ie those $1.8m auctions), but there are some issues with that. (1) all buyers have to sign a contract not to sell within 2 years which ford is suing to enforce, see John senna (2) you have to wait for deliver time 1++ years on top of that to start that clock (3) they just did their second stated production increase from 1k to 1.35k units and (4) all the existing GTs already will be able to hit the open market way Before I could sell mine dragging the price down. I drive my cars and am not a garage collector, so it just didn’t make sense for me. Damn cool car, but given my own situation, I’d rather a combo of several other cars I’ll actually drive instead!

Best of luck OP, and if you get it, please drive it! ETA: posted this before I watched the video. Well done sir!!

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I had opportunity to get an allocation at $50kish above sticker (call it a finders fee to a ford exec I know). I have a 17 raptor and 17 350R (and am a regular track guy at MI tracks in Ford motherland) currently but generally GT allocations are still who you know.

I ended up passing bc I’m too tall (6’6”) to actually drive the car, especially with a helmet, and $600k configured is far out of my comfort level financially. Thus, I realized the main reason I wanted it was to resell it at a profit (ie those $1.8m auctions), but there are some issues with that. (1) all buyers have to sign a contract not to sell within 2 years which ford is suing to enforce, see John senna (2) you have to wait for deliver time 1++ years on top of that to start that clock (3) they just did their second stated production increase from 1k to 1.35k units and (4) all the existing GTs already will be able to hit the open market way Before I could sell mine dragging the price down. I drive my cars and am not a garage collector, so it just didn’t make sense for me. Damn cool car, but given my own situation, I’d rather a combo of several other cars I’ll actually drive instead!

Best of luck OP, and if you get it, please drive it! ETA: posted this before I watched the video. Well done sir!!
MAN!!! I would have killed for owning one at just 50k over! I understand why you wouldn't pick one up though. If, and its a massive if, I get one I'll for sure drive it. Not as a daily but for sure every chance possible! Thank you for the kind words.

JJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550GT
the 720S puts the Ford GT to shame in every metric not to mention its 300K less and you can actually get an allocation...skip on the GT had a chance to get one and passed without a second thought

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Never really cared about numbers. The 720s is amazing but the GT has my heart.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
the 720S puts the Ford GT to shame in every metric not to mention its 300K less and you can actually get an allocation...skip on the GT had a chance to get one and passed without a second thought
Depreciation on most Mclarens are steep. (Except F1, P1, Senna, etc.) Granted the $1.8 million for a recently auctioned GT will not be the case when, as mentioned above, a bunch will be coming to market as present owners try to make a huge profit. With that being said the GT will always be worth whatever the original owner paid. Just my opinion of course, not fact.

If I had the money I would take the GT over the 720S with no thought. All Mclarens look too much alike and the GT is one of the best looking cars on the planet. I would guarantee when you put both side by side, the crowd will gather around the GT. And yes, the 720S will always smoke the GT.
Sponsored