Sponsored

Aftermarket wheels for 2019 Performance Pack 2

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before,

Is there anything i need to pay attention to when shopping for aftermarket wheels for my pp2?

On tirerack, they dont show any options for wheels when i select the pp2 option for my trim, but it does show plenty when i pick the pp1 trim.

Will the ones that fit for the pp1 also fit on the pp2?

Thanks so much!

*edit* its a 401a gt premium if that makes any difference.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
If it fits the PP1, it should fit the PP2 just fine. The only thing to watch for is the brake clearance. I'd also try to keep the wheel/tires the same so that you're not giving up anything on the calibration side of things.

Since your current wheels are so ugly, you should definitely ship them to me and I can take care of them at no charge!

CarlosMRRDesignWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
just look for wheel fitments like the PP1 etc/ keep in mind tire rack takes is time to update to new cars and have very conservative specs.
in general for performance a 10 wide front and 11 wide rear is a perfect set up with no mods required

OP
OP

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
"Since your current wheels are so ugly, you should definitely ship them to me and I can take care of them at no charge!"

:punch:

Im getting winter wheels/tires. Do you think i have anything to worry about in terms of calibration if i switched to winter tire and wheel that was slimmer in width?

*edit* once the sport cup 2's burn out, im probably gonna just swap the tires on the pp2 wheels to the mp4s.

CarlosMRRDesignWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
"Since your current wheels are so ugly, you should definitely ship them to me and I can take care of them at no charge!"

:punch:

Im getting winter wheels/tires. Do you think i have anything to worry about in terms of calibration if i switched to winter tire and wheel that was slimmer in width?

*edit* once the sport cup 2's burn out, im probably gonna just swap the tires on the pp2 wheels to the mp4s.
absolutely not, 9.5 width front and back no issues /

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Not many good alternatives to choose from for the 10.5" front wheels (they're all expensive), but there are lots and lots of 10"/10" and 10"/11" wheel sets from places like MMR, SVE, Project6gr, etc. You can even go to 11"/11", but you need aftermarket studs and 25mm slip on spacers if you want to run a square setup and the fronts will poke w/o a decent amount of non-stock camber.

APEX wheels is currently doing a group buy for their new high quality SM-10 track worthy wheels, and they'll sell you a set of square 11", or they also have front fitments for 11"s with offsets specific to the front which won't require spacers, but you wouldn't be able to rotate front/back.

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
Would PP2 wheels fit on a 2018 Ecoboost premium? I have the FPR lowering springs as well... I sure love those rims!

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
yeah they'd fit on any S550 (non GT350), but they poke out past the fenders and are pretty heavy.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Would PP2 wheels fit on a 2018 Ecoboost premium? I have the FPR lowering springs as well... I sure love those rims!
I believe the PP2 cars actually have different fender well liners in the front, so not sure if the 19x10.5 ET24 with 295's would fit or not. I don't think the rears would be a problem, but 19x11 ET48 might be a little aggressive depending on how far you're lowered.
Sponsored