Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
No dealer will install "off road" headers. Huge EPA liability there.....

OP
OP

Mike9865

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Parts received and installed! Working with Lund on the tune, revising the base 93 tune before starting on the E85. The Corsa Sport sounds amazing, I can't recommend it enough! For those on the fence, it is very loud at WOT and quiet when operating at low rpm. Best of both worlds in my opinion.

Encountered one issue, however, with the JLT intake. My IAT's are waaaaay higher than they used to be with the stock intake when parked or in traffic. I am seeing upwards of 160+ degrees when the ambient temps in Houston are around 95 degrees. Temps drop to within 3 degrees of ambient after cruising at 50+mph for a minute or two.

Unfortunately in Houston a lot of my time is spent commuting in stop and go traffic. Cylinder head temps were much higher as well due to the increased IAT. What temps CHT temps are dangerous? Think they rose to 230+ at one point yesterday.

I assume the open box design is allowing engine heat to enter the intake. I used the foam provided by JLT but it doesn't seem to be working. Has anyone else encountered these issues? Did I install something incorrectly? Is there a way to seal the box? Should I switch to the Roush CAI?

Noggles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Parts received and installed! Working with Lund on the tune, revising the base 93 tune before starting on the E85. The Corsa Sport sounds amazing, I can't recommend it enough! For those on the fence, it is very loud at WOT and quiet when operating at low rpm. Best of both worlds in my opinion.

Encountered one issue, however, with the JLT intake. My IAT's are waaaaay higher than they used to be with the stock intake when parked or in traffic. I am seeing upwards of 160+ degrees when the ambient temps in Houston are around 95 degrees. Temps drop to within 3 degrees of ambient after cruising at 50+mph for a minute or two.

Unfortunately in Houston a lot of my time is spent commuting in stop and go traffic. Cylinder head temps were much higher as well due to the increased IAT. What temps CHT temps are dangerous? Think they rose to 230+ at one point yesterday.

I assume the open box design is allowing engine heat to enter the intake. I used the foam provided by JLT but it doesn't seem to be working. Has anyone else encountered these issues? Did I install something incorrectly? Is there a way to seal the box? Should I switch to the Roush CAI?
From reading here your temps sound normal for open filter intake setups. Most would say to switch back to the stock intake to keep cooler but others say that idling temps don't really matter as long as they cool off after you start moving again. I am in the stock intake crowd until someone can prove the gains people are talking about can be attributed to an aftermarket CAI of any type.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic

This was one of the primary reasons I had avoided after market CAI and ultimately went with a Steeda closed box design. But from what I have seen those IATs align with what others have experienced.

Sponsored

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
If you're on E85 then IAT's aren't going to mean much at all as most tuners have it where it doesn't pull any timing till 150+.
Temps dont change much for e85

OP
OP

Mike9865

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I have received my E85 and flex tunes. I am down to 12 miles remaining on my current tank of 93. Will it be an issue to go to the e85 tune with about half a gallon of 93 left in the tank?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I have received my E85 and flex tunes. I am down to 12 miles remaining on my current tank of 93. Will it be an issue to go to the e85 tune with about half a gallon of 93 left in the tank?
On flex no. On straight e85 youd want almost empty.