Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang leaked specs: 720HP @ 7500 RPM, 650 ft-lbs @ 4500 RPM, 4225lbs curb weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Please quote anyone with a Shelby who talked down to a GT owner for not being able to afford a GT the way you did to me. Please post a quote where anyone said a GT could never be made to be faster than a GT350.
Here ya go:
Look we get it, you couldn't afford a GT350 so to make yourself feel better, you go on a GT350 forum and try to convince owners that they are "stupid" for buying one. Pretty sad really...
[QUOTE="Eritas, post: 2362382, member: 31822You grew up in a poor family. Could afford to go to Nurburgring and ship your GT there at 21 and now buy a 2018 GT at 22, a $4k watch, house, bikes, and jetski. I'd love to hear your story, not that it really matters that much.[/QUOTE]

When I was about 19, I got into a business venture with an older friend of mine. At 20, that venture required me to temporarily move overseas. I personally wanted to take an American vehicle with me to sell while there, so I bought a clean, low mileage 3v mustang and shipped it to Germany, where I drove it in my time there and later sold it for twice what I paid. No bragging, nothing. Keep in mind, I wasn't the one who kept badgering to know my age. And if my age is the only thing that keeps yall from understanding how I could afford a GT350, I figure I owe an explanation
Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
actually you said "you can't spend $6500 on a base mustang and end up with a PP2." but you can keep being misleading.
upload_2018-10-5_12-21-12.png

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Here ya go:

When I was about 19, I got into a business venture with an older friend of mine. At 20, that venture required me to temporarily move overseas. I personally wanted to take an American vehicle with me to sell while there, so I bought a clean, low mileage 3v mustang and shipped it to Germany, where I drove it in my time there and later sold it for twice what I paid. No bragging, nothing. Keep in mind, I wasn't the one who kept badgering to know my age. And if my age is the only thing that keeps yall from understanding how I could afford a GT350, I figure I owe an explanation
Thank you, that was a dick move by rick, but that's hardly a "consensus" even if you took it that way.

Your explanation of your history was humble and if you had this attitude rather than attacking people (I apologize on rick's behalf for hid dick comment, but you have repaid it 10-fold) I think people would be a lot more reciprocal with their replies. But your success does not entitle you to be a brat.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Oh boy. You're so wrong on so many fronts, but you're too young and stupid to realize it. You've clearly got some psychological trouble going on, especially when it comes to people or things that you perceive as being better, because you have an unnatural hatred for things higher in rank or "name". You just got to be the little guy that proves he is better bigger or faster than the known "big boy".
Again, old head bitching because the young kid outsmarted him. Why am I not surprised?

Very, very obvious you aren't an engineer lol
My major is actually in Mechanical Engineering, so try again bud

Bud I'm a civil engineer, and I can assure you I'm more aware of how a road is designed and constructed than you are. And clearly, you've never driven on the roads here LOL the guidelines, hint hint, NOT always followed to a T.
Not always followed to a T, but the speed limits are usually assigned AFTER the road is built. But if 1.05G is the static limit of the car, then the .8G you were braking about is NOTHING

I have yet to see literally anyone, not a single person, on here or in person who owns one of these refer to them as a Shelby, or be proud to show off that its a Shelby. I'm 27. The Shelby name means nothing to me. Nobody who is serious about driving buys this car because its a Shelby LOL
That may not be the reason you bought it, but it is the only logical reason to buy one, considering it gets outperformed by the PP2 for less.

Also, LMFAO at "you're too young" yet only being less than 5 years older than me

You lost me when you said the 350 will depreciate faster than your PP2. That is hilarious at best. Historically, the special edition mustangs hold their value far better than the GT's. Every, single, time. There has yet to be one that has depreciated more. But you carry on, ya know, since you think you're the Wolf of Wall Street and all.
Funny thing is, I never ONCE said it'll depreciate faster. But if you're doubtful, keep in mind that you can pick up 2016 GT350s now in the high $40k-low $50k range. That's a $10k depreciation hit in just 2 years. the ones to hold their value will be the GT350Rs... the standard 350s aren't going to fall much slower than a standard GT with a limited production package (See; SN95 Bullitt vs Mach 1)

Again, you're obsessive hatred with names is just weird. Nobody is paying more for the Shelby name over a GT. Nobody is buying a GT3 over a Carrera S for the name. We buy these cars primarily because of the engine, and how the rest of the car is connected and balanced so well. And you are going to use a single piece of lateral G evidence to say it is a better car? LOL
I don't understand where you're getting this skewed idea of "hatred". I don't hate the GT350... like I said, I damn near bought one. Stating facts is not "hating", it's just stating facts. Fact is, the GT350 offers no better performance than a PP2 while having less amenities available, yet costs $20k more. If you're buying a GT350 for the engine, you lost. the GT engine has more potential, is more reliable, and can rev just as high. The rest of the car is literally just an S550 with special parts (most of which are used or upgraded on the PP2). I haven't been using a single piece, I've literally been laying out EVERY PIECE OF EVIDENCE why the GT350 is nowhere near a good value, but you guys are so stuck up that you'd rather keep drinking your coolaid and "blocking out the h8rz"

And what does it matter that we are comparing two V8's? I'll explain, as to a child. One V8 has a typical, normal cross plane crank that 99% of V8's have had since their inception. The other, has a flat plane crank, that has only ever before seen in supercars and exotics. Two completely different things. NOBODY sees them as "just two V8's. One has a normal V8, one has one of the most unique engines ever built. So yes, I'll happily introduce the Ecoboost reference, you monkey, since it can whoop your GT's ass for far less money while saving money on fuel that you can invest back into your penny stocks LOL
But please explain this... if the flat plane crank is so "special", why isn't it good? I mean, it's obviously not good if ford's own racing team ditched the flat plane for their race car. Flat plane crank just means you have a fragile engine with a special name... look at that, another case of a GT350 guy falling in love with a name without looking at the factual evidence

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you, that was a dick move by rick, but that's hardly a "consensus" even if you took it that way.

Your explanation of your history was humble and if you had this attitude rather than attacking people (I apologize on rick's behalf for hid dick comment, but you have repaid it 10-fold) I think people would be a lot more reciprocal with their replies. But your success does not entitle you to be a brat.
If you look at the overall tone of the comments towards me, most of them are trying to simply disregard my opinion as some fantasy even though I've laid out factual evidence to support my claim. I have no problem discussing this, but I'm not going to sugar coat anything. If someone starts to be hostile with me (as they have), I'm going to fire back. I don't back down easy

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
In before the lock...

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Here is another gem!
"its the fact that it's financially and ethically irresponsible (I.E. stupid) to knowingly pick a worse tool for your needs over a better option. No matter how much you like the feel of a screwdriver, picking one over a jackhammer to break up concrete is still a stupid decision."
Relevant much???
upload_2018-10-5_12-42-39.png

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If you look at the overall tone of the comments towards me, most of them are trying to simply disregard my opinion as some fantasy even though I've laid out factual evidence to support my claim. I have no problem discussing this, but I'm not going to sugar coat anything. If someone starts to be hostile with me (as they have), I'm going to fire back. I don't back down easy
Your attitude is the reason. Why not be the bigger man?

Whether you were trying to or not, your comments are pretty much telling people they are stupid for buying a Shelby and weaseling around the fact that they depreciate less than standard GTs do. You're also making claims that the PP2 is faster on track than a GT350 without supporting evidence, trying to compare lap times and results of amateurs and journalists, and writing off outright statements that the PP2 is not as fast as the GT350 -by the guys developing them because your opinion is that they must be lying due to sales.

Are regular GT350s struggling to sell like most Camaros? How are PP2 sales? I don't think Ford would need to lie to try to sell more Shelbys. Heck, they didn't even need to make the PP2 in the first place. I always thought the GT350 was the competitor to the Camaro SS 1LE anyway. If anyone is serious about tracking their car, they'll buy the Shelby because it has coolers and they don't have to screw around with aftermarket parts. Or they could just buy a Camaro.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Here is another gem!
"its the fact that it's financially and ethically irresponsible (I.E. stupid) to knowingly pick a worse tool for your needs over a better option. No matter how much you like the feel of a screwdriver, picking one over a jackhammer to break up concrete is still a stupid decision."
Relevant much???
upload_2018-10-5_12-42-39.png
Not very relevant, but it IS relevant that it's stupid to pay $20 for a screwdriver with a "Gucci" sticker on it when you can buy the same screwdriver without the sticker for $2

But your relentless witchhunt is hilarious... Let me guess, next you're going to track down my facebook and find details about my personal life that totally isn't already available to the public

Are regular GT350s struggling to sell like most Camaros? How are PP2 sales? I don't think Ford would need to lie to try to sell more Shelbys. Heck, they didn't even need to make the PP2 in the first place. I always thought the GT350 was the competitor to the Camaro SS 1LE anyway. If anyone is serious about tracking their car, they'll buy the Shelby because it has coolers and they don't have to screw around with aftermarket parts. Or they could just buy a Camaro.
Since the 2018s came out, I've seen a lot of GT350s sitting on lots, a lot selling under MSRP, etc. If ford flat out said "you can get a faster car for $20k less with no tradeoffs", then yes, it would cannibalize GT350 sales significantly. The GT350 isn't supposed to be the competitor to the 1LE, but the 1LE is so damn fast that it would ALSO beat the GT350 for $20k less. That's why the PP2 was needed, to battle the 1LE within its price range. If anyone's serious about tracking, I agree they could buy a Camaro. But most serious track rats aren't too afraid to wrench on their cars, and would gladly save $19k by buying a PP2 and adding a diff cooler. That's what I'm trying to make evident here, that there's no real reason to buy the GT350 unless you want to have something "special" or "unique. That's a fact. my opinion is that spending an extra $20k just to say "well yeah, it's a mustang, but its a UNIQUE KIND OF MUSTANG" is stupid.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Just in!!! PP2 will be faster than the supposed GT500 with $$$ mods. That is of course after you solve the non-existent overheating transmission lol
upload_2018-10-5_12-59-6.png

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The witch hunt continues!!!

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
No sir!!! Not a witch hunt. Just exposing you with your own words. kind of like, "I'm not going to sugar coat anything. If someone starts to be hostile with me (as they have), I'm going to fire back. I don't back down easy."
Not only that!! You have been asked to be banned several times in more than one thread. I wonder why? You are all over the place. Argue on position here and another against non PP2@ owners. Hypocrite.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
:crackup:Just here for the LOLs at this point.:crackup:

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Again, old head bitching because the young kid outsmarted him. Why am I not surprised?

You didn't outsmart anyone kid lol

My major is actually in Mechanical Engineering, so try again bud

Hey, C's get degrees, I won't judge you :)

Not always followed to a T, but the speed limits are usually assigned AFTER the road is built. But if 1.05G is the static limit of the car, then the .8G you were braking about is NOTHING

That is absolutely false from a design standpoint. I wasn't bragging either. I was merely pointing out how wrong your "facts" are.

That may not be the reason you bought it, but it is the only logical reason to buy one, considering it gets outperformed by the PP2 for less.

But yet it doesn't. The 350 brakes better, is lighter, is faster in a straightline (manual vs manual), and pulls nearly identical lateral grip with poorer tires.... if that's a win for you, that's embarrassing. Majority of people don't give a rats ass about dollar/performance ratio. Cayman's and Boxsters are by far some of the worst $/performance ratio cars out there, but theyre universally renowned as being some of the best driving sports cars on the planet, even though you get a car with 300ish hp that can top $100K US.

Also, LMFAO at "you're too young" yet only being less than 5 years older than me

Mental age lad. I might be 5 years older than you, but I think the majority on here can tell there is a whole lot more than that separating us mentally and maturity wise.

Funny thing is, I never ONCE said it'll depreciate faster. But if you're doubtful, keep in mind that you can pick up 2016 GT350s now in the high $40k-low $50k range. That's a $10k depreciation hit in just 2 years. the ones to hold their value will be the GT350Rs... the standard 350s aren't going to fall much slower than a standard GT with a limited production package (See; SN95 Bullitt vs Mach 1)

Actually, that's another rile. You had just said you could buy a GT for $45K, it would depreciate to $30K. In the same timeframe, a $65K GT350 would depreciate to $45K. You should be able to do the basic math there... $20K > $15K.

I don't understand where you're getting this skewed idea of "hatred". I don't hate the GT350... like I said, I damn near bought one. Stating facts is not "hating", it's just stating facts. Fact is, the GT350 offers no better performance than a PP2 while having less amenities available, yet costs $20k more. If you're buying a GT350 for the engine, you lost. the GT engine has more potential, is more reliable, and can rev just as high. The rest of the car is literally just an S550 with special parts (most of which are used or upgraded on the PP2). I haven't been using a single piece, I've literally been laying out EVERY PIECE OF EVIDENCE why the GT350 is nowhere near a good value, but you guys are so stuck up that you'd rather keep drinking your coolaid and "blocking out the h8rz"

You don't understand? Anytime anyone refutes your "FACTS" you immediately dismiss anything that doesn't align with your view as love for the name Shelby. Literally every single time you shit on the name or on things that NOBODY has mentioned or cares about, it just SCREAMS that you are insecure and want confirmation bias that your car is the better car. My buddy who is a psychologist would have a field day with you.

But please explain this... if the flat plane crank is so "special", why isn't it good? I mean, it's obviously not good if ford's own racing team ditched the flat plane for their race car. Flat plane crank just means you have a fragile engine with a special name... look at that, another case of a GT350 guy falling in love with a name without looking at the factual evidence.
From day 1 Jamaal Hameedi said that the Voodoo would only ever be placed in a GT350 Mustang, no other version of the car. They also openly talked about how the Voodoo with its inherent vibrational characteristics was cracking the racing headers on the GT350R-C, as those headers do not have the vibrational damping that the production cars have. They actually praised the engine itself for its durability and the way it performed on track.

And considering the GT350 offers performance on par with cars costing 3times its price, while offering a driving experience/engine that can only be found in cars costing 6-10 times its price, I would say it is a pretty good value.

And if you really are an engineer, smarten the fuck up. You're embarrassing yourself and our profession. Your attitude of "I'm right, you're wrong, everyone else is stupid because they don't agree with my perspective" is EXACTLY the type that gives engineers a bad name, and the type that people HATE to deal with in the workforce. Seriously, give your head a shake. You don't automatically get or respect because you got a ring on your finger. You earn it based on your work ethic and your personality.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
No sir!!! Not a witch hunt. Just exposing you with your own words. kind of like, "I'm not going to sugar coat anything. If someone starts to be hostile with me (as they have), I'm going to fire back. I don't back down easy."
Not only that!! You have been asked to be banned several times in more than one thread. I wonder why? You are all over the place. Argue on position here and another against non PP2@ owners. Hypocrite.
"exposing you with your own words" as if any of it wasn't already publicly available information or as if ANY of it invalidates what I've said here. I don't give a fuck if a bunch of snowflake GT350 owners want me banned because I told them their car isn't all that. I never once argued against PP2 owners on owning a car as a track car, so PLEASE point out where I did. What I did say is that mustangs aren't the best daily drivers (truth) and the PP2 is a better performance bargain than the GT350 (also true)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.