Feedback from AZ flex fuel tune members

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
Stopped there today to top off but when I went to pump I guess they just ran out!:punch:
:facepalm:

Good to know that happens. Wonder how fast they go through it and how often it gets re-filled then.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
:facepalm:

Good to know that happens. Wonder how fast they go through it and how often it gets re-filled then.
The guy mentioned he hoped to be filled back up in a couple of hours. But the. He went on to say just go ahead and out some premium in there as there should not be much difference so not sure how much to believe him :inspect:

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunate update. Data logging for Shaun at WOT is reporting knock on e. He is thinking it is the e54 blend. First full tank and half tank fill up were from Texaco at 7th st and Indian School. Topped off a half tank from Chevron just today at 48th st and Broadway. I'm thinking I'll go easy until this tank is out then fill up again either at that Chevron or perhaps the location I stopped by that was out on Scottsdale Rd and Deer Valley. If still getting knock after that I guess I may be switching back to 91 I guess. Please post any good ff spots you guys have gotten from without issue as I would like to at least see if perhaps it was a bad location of ff the first few times :explode:

Last edited:

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
Well that's a kick in the nuts... hoping there's some good stuff out there, was looking forward to the switch myself.

Frenchy480

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt pp shadow black
Unfortunate update. Data logging for Shaun at WOT is reporting knock on e. He is thinking it is the e54 blend. First full tank and half tank fill up were from Texaco at 7th st and Indian School. Topped off a half tank from Chevron just today at 48th st and Broadway. I'm thinking I'll go easy until this tank is out then fill up again either at that Chevron or perhaps the location I stopped by that was out on Scottsdale Rd and Deer Valley. If still getting knock after that I guess I may be switching back to 91 I guess. Please post any good ff spots you guys have gotten from without issue as I would like to at least see if perhaps it was a bad location of ff the first few times :explode:
Great, I just filled up there at 48th st and Broadway the other day lol. Maybe ill do a quick log later if it doesnt rain. I've only filled up there and the one at higley and pecos. I had knock in the higher rpms after the higley and pecos location. Shaun said it couldve been bad e85, and that if one location out here had it, then they all do cause it all comes from the same source.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Great, I just filled up there at 48th st and Broadway the other day lol. Maybe ill do a quick log later if it doesnt rain. I've only filled up there and the one at higley and pecos. I had knock in the higher rpms after the higley and pecos location. Shaun said it couldve been bad e85, and that if one location out here had it, then they all do cause it all comes from the same source.
Dammit... the 48th and Broadway one was the one I was hoping was good since I barely had topped off a half tank from there and only drove a few miles so was assuming mostly ff from prev location. If you get a chance please log and see! Would be very optimistic if yours comes back clean after. Though is very annoying if it is all from the same place and if one had it they all do...

Curious what is your AFR at typically on the ff blend ?

Frenchy480

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, definitely will do a log if I can later. I've always had a little in the higher rpms but we'll see. I'm hovering in the high 10s, low 11s as far as afr

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, definitely will do a log if I can later. I've always had a little in the higher rpms but we'll see. I'm hovering in the high 10s, low 11s as far as afr
Interesting. I was seeing 14 still after tank and a half of ff driving until a reload + KAM reset. Then it dropped to 12 or high 11s but nowhere near low 11s or high 10s. So hoping was just bad blend at that Texaco and once the Chevron ff starts flowing that drops and maybe knock goes away :headbang:

Frenchy480

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Didn't have a chance to grab my laptop and do a log last night, been too busy. I did remember that I had my torque pro app so I hooked up the odb2 blutooth scantool thing hoping torque pro would show knock but it doesn't (unless I'm missing something). I did however notice that the ethanol % was running at 60.5%. Not sure how acurate it is but i thought that was kind of cool. Maybe tonight i can do a log.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Didn't have a chance to grab my laptop and do a log last night, been too busy. I did remember that I had my torque pro app so I hooked up the odb2 blutooth scantool thing hoping torque pro would show knock but it doesn't (unless I'm missing something). I did however notice that the ethanol % was running at 60.5%. Not sure how acurate it is but i thought that was kind of cool. Maybe tonight i can do a log.
Cool would appreciate it. Hoping you are not seeing any as that SHOULD indicate that Chevron has decent ff. I really hope to see AFR drop as well indicating more e. I would expect closer to low 11s or high 10s in theory...

Sponsored

Frenchy480

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I was finally able to do a few logs, really no positive knock whatsoever. One of the 3 the logs showed a small amount positive knock, +0.55 @ around 7k rpm but everything else was negative knock, adding alot of timing. It's running great. All on the same tank of e54 from 48th st and Broadway on monday. Still running high 10s low 11s with afr . I was seeing positive knock from the e54 at higley and pecos. Hope all that helps!

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
So I was finally able to do a few logs, really no positive knock whatsoever. One of the 3 the logs showed a small amount positive knock, +0.55 @ around 7k rpm but everything else was negative knock, adding alot of timing. It's running great. All on the same tank of e54 from 48th st and Broadway on monday. Still running high 10s low 11s with afr . I was seeing positive knock from the e54 at higley and pecos. Hope all that helps!
Awesome appreciate it. Gonna run this tank down all the way (it has the "top" half from there but I'm barely 1/4 of the way through the tank) and do another full tank from there. You think any value on another KAM reset after that or just see how it goes as is?

Frenchy480

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm, I don't know about the kam reset. I would think no because the computer will just relearn the fuel but maybe something to ask shaun.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Out of curiosity which bluetooth scan adapter are you using ?

Frenchy480

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, it's OBDLink LX bluetooth. Forgot where exactly I got it from, it's about 4 years old.
Sponsored