Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533015

"The Camaro is a super car. There is no visability issues at all. Sales are fine.
Because 3/4 of Ford sales are fleet sales anyway. Gm makes so much more per car sold. It doesnt matter that we are getting outsold by a metric f$%k ton. I enjoy driving the more rare car. I see 15 Mustangs on every block. If I forget anything. Please feel free to fill in the blanks. "

Okay 4v if I see this in that thread will you admit you are wrong?
ouch
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Yikes, a 30+% drop....

I'm sure the refresh will help....oh, wait.

GTPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533015

"The Camaro is a super car. There is no visability issues at all. Sales are fine.
Because 3/4 of Ford sales are fleet sales anyway. Gm makes so much more per car sold. It doesnt matter that we are getting outsold by a metric f$%k ton. I enjoy driving the more rare car. I see 15 Mustangs on every block. If I forget anything. Please feel free to fill in the blanks. "
But ATS/CTS sales will make up for it :p

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
I've never cared much about sales numbers, but this doesn't bode well for the Camaro long term.

I know many here would celebrate the Camaro's demise, but that would only hurt Mustang development in turn.

Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I've never cared much about sales numbers, but this doesn't bode well for the Camaro long term.

I know many here would celebrate the Camaro's demise, but that would only hurt Mustang development in turn.
I don't want the Camaro to go away. I feel like we are in a good era for American performance cars.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette

Many? Maybe a handful for whatever reason. They have some mental illness like blaq does.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Damn it. I knew I forgot one. GM just doesn't advertise the Camaro enough.:D

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
"The Camaro will appeal to a smaller segment and will sell less as a result. It's not as practical as a Challenger and the name doesn't resonate as well with the public as the Mustang who's practically isn't much better.

It's more or less a two-seater and the competition is much tougher today. It even competes with the Corvette to some degree. To expect first gen type sales or it to equal the Mustang in numbers is unrealistic.

Would I run out and buy a Mustang or Challenger as a result? Not in a million years. The Challenger is a big ugly Dodge and the Mustang's quality is about as bad as it gets. People are actually planning to buy a Mustang, then 'fix' it via FORD TSBs or the aftermarket. When you're thinking about what you're going to do with the engine and tranny to make them more reliable on a BRAND NEW car, you know it's bad.

The Camaro is a little more expensive, sure, but rightly so. No unreliable rattling engines, vibrating drivelines, early oil leaks, or transmissions made out of lego. Oh and the A/C actually works.

People are too hung-up on sales. Oh, so it doesn't sell as well? So what? Ok, they decide to get rid of it? And? Are you going to cry in a corner, or go out and get one now?

I'll keep mine for at least 5-10 years and after that, I'll worry about what comes next. In the meantime, I'll be looking at Mustangs still in the dealer service bays waiting on parts. And I'll be laughing too. "

YIKES

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
"Longevity-wise low sales numbers suck for us enthusiasts, but on the bright side, I appreciate not seeing a ton of 6th gen's on the road. It would take away some of the "special" qualities in the Camaro if it were like a mustang that you see EVERYWHERE."

Rare car comment.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
"Longevity-wise low sales numbers suck for us enthusiasts, but on the bright side, I appreciate not seeing a ton of 6th gen's on the road. It would take away some of the "special" qualities in the Camaro if it were like a mustang that you see EVERYWHERE."

Rare car comment.
I think your making these quotes up. They sound to silly for actual people to say.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I think your making these quotes up. They sound to silly for actual people to say.
I just read it over there. It won't be the last, as they love to tout how their cars are ultra rare. :lol:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I just read it over there. It won't be the last, as they love to tout how their cars are ultra rare. :lol:
I myself want a rare car. A GT500, Hellcat, Ferrari, ETC. I don't want it to be rare because nobody on the planet wants to buy it however.:cheers:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I myself want a rare car. A GT500, Hellcat, Ferrari, ETC. I don't want it to be rare because nobody on the planet wants to buy it however.:cheers:
Indeed, they just don't get it though.

1987-Yugo-GV-Sport-01.jpg
Sponsored