Sponsored

Night at the Drag Strip 061318

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
I took the car to GLD in Union Grove Wisconsin last night. I found that turning Adv Trac off means it will decide to turn itself back on if you back up to do your burn out where trac control doesn't do that.

Turns out I was able to do all 5 runs with no burn out as the car does the same 60ft with or without. The time slips are right to left, not sure why I did that, I was pretty tired when I got home.

It was 84f, DA was 3450 compared to 1500 or so on June 1st. I did as I always do, I waited for the folks with slicks to do their job of prepping the lane for me. :thumbsup: which also gives the car a chance to cool down a bit after the almost 2 hour drive.

I ran a [email protected] on the 2nd run which was a hot lap, go figure! Run #3 the Adv Trac kicked in hard going into 3rd gear so it was my worst run of the night.

I'm finding that going into 2nd gear happens so hard it kicks the rear end over and spins the tires, every single time so not sure how much is lost in ET so if I expect to improve times I need to get tires minimum.

After the 5th run I decided to head home, doesn't make sense to keep running the same times and I'm glad I did because on the way home the dreaded wrench light came on. It turned itself off about 20 minutes later so I'm going to try and get any codes that may have been memorized if any.

The car did very well, there was a manual 2017 Mustang GT there running between 13.0 and 13.5, same with an LS1 SS, I raced both. THe Mustang was run #3 [email protected] where the nanny kicked in. The kid driving the Mustang was real nice and learning the tricks of driving a manual Mustang. I think he said he just bought it. It was a beautiful white 2017 that sounded great and was also a PP car.

The runs against the LS1 was #4 and #5, I don't know what kind of mods either car had.

There were a few Demons and Hellcats plus one I think was a Scat Pack?? The Scat Pack was running 12.4's, I wanted to line up with that one but he was only running against his Mopar buddies.

So it looks like I have some checking to do for that service light and now it's time for a choice in either CAI, tune and tires or FI. It should be an easy choice but if I go FI it's going to have to wait. CAI, tune and tires I can do sooner, so need to reflect a bit and decide.
TimeSlips.JPG
Wrench.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Good runs in not so good DA!

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
12.1x in '3400 air is very good, you should be happy. Thats an easy 11 second pass in 0 d/a forget negative d/a.

car is stock?

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
seems solid, we all want to be that 11.xx time bone stock lol dont forget to post you slips and times in the drag race section we need some people on the 2018 list

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Nice. Your reaction times are consistently good.
What rear tire pressure did you run?
How did you prevent wheel spin out of the hole?

Thanks,

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Your 60's are all over the place. I would still do a light burnout on stock radials. and/or your not very consistent in your launch.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
You got 2mph back from 06/01 in far worse DA ...that tells the story that the car is running well at least.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
Your 60's are all over the place. I would still do a light burnout on stock radials. and/or your not very consistent in your launch.
I don't know if you looked at his slips right. 1.92-2.0 is not exactly all over the place. Pretty good if stock radials actually. Damn good times for a stock car on a 3000 da day.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I don't know if you looked at his slips right. 1.92-2.0 is not exactly all over the place. Pretty good if stock radials actually. Damn good times for a stock car on a 3000 da day.
Exactly! way too much variation. Track conditions don't even account for that much if you're doing things exactly the same each pass. 2-3 hundredths tops.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
A tenth variation on radials? Sounds pretty decent to me?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
12.1x in '3400 air is very good, you should be happy. Thats an easy 11 second pass in 0 d/a forget negative d/a.

car is stock?
Car is bone stock, hopefully I can get up there with better DA and lower humidity.

OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. Your reaction times are consistently good.
What rear tire pressure did you run?
How did you prevent wheel spin out of the hole?

Thanks,
I damn near ran a perfect one with a .005. The tires are at factory spec 40psi. I waited for the big boys to run with slicks, track prep was pretty good as well.

I staged and brought RPM's up to 1800 and let that take me out of the hole, then I floored it. Out of the hole for all season tires was pretty good but the shift into 2nd was tire spin and it would kick out to the side a bit.

OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Let me know what you're smoking when looking at those time slips, I averaged 1.9 on 4 runs and a 2.0 60 on the last run, I don't know how to be more consistent than that. I don't like the 2.0 60 on the 5th run but considering I think on all season 20" Goodyears this was pretty damn good.

OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You got 2mph back from 06/01 in far worse DA ...that tells the story that the car is running well at least.
Yeah the car was running great, the run where adv trac kicked in was out of nowhere, it was screaming and then bam, kicked back and then took off again.

I agree with the people who say it needs a tune, this nanny crap coming out of nowhere when turned off is nuts. :crazy:

OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly! way too much variation. Track conditions don't even account for that much if you're doing things exactly the same each pass. 2-3 hundredths tops.
All season 20" street tires and you're saying way too much variation? :shrug:

How do you do everything exactly the same for each pass? I adjust according to conditions which are decidedly NOT the same for each pass.
Sponsored