Sponsored

Quickest and Fastest 2018 Mustang belongs to Team Beefcake Racing and Vortech 9.60!!!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
As most know we picked up a car last year less than a week before mod nationals and was first to knock down the 10 second barrier with only a few days to prep the car.

Unfortunately for us, we are stuck in Ohio with no ability to make passes, and really not do much in the way of street logs as the roads are cold as can be. So with everyone having a 5 month advantage, kind of sucks, but is what it is!

We did get to run the car on the dyno, but haven't got any full pulls in 7th gear due to the amount of car the power is making, the A10 doesn't like it. I suspect were making 1100 plus.

Tuning will still take some time, but Lund has been hard at work doing what they can remotely without having a power adder car in house to work on.

We ended up going to a much larger pulley than we like to run, just for initial hits. We only got to make 5 runs over 4 days, so not a lot of chance to get data, but needless to say, we got the job done!

We ended up with a 9.60@144 mph. I think the previous best was a 9.92 @ 142.

The most impressive thing is how much is still left. Even though we only put 2mph on the previous best, Our 1/8 mile is actually up 9 over the previous best et. Our 9.60 run. I tried paddling and the car went from 4th to 5th to 6th to 7th in less than 1 second. So rpms drug all the way down to 5200 in 7th gear.

I expect even at lower boost, the car will go at least 9.3's once we get the tune dialed in with Lund.

The centri cars are just going to love this transmission. It keeps the blowers right in peak torque and hp the entire run. I expect 1.4 60's without a converter once we turn the power back up on it as well.

Super super happy so far, and hopefully now that the weather is breaking here we can actually get some more testing in for 4000lbs with driver, this thing is hauling the mail!

Another note, with plans on big things, we did an mmr longblock, and actually dropped compression to 11.2 so were actually leaving a little on the table there as well.

Big thanks to all involved. Finish Line Performance who handles all the wrenching, Vortech for the best blowers out there, Fore and ID for the fueling, Kooks and Corsa for letting her breathe. Baer & Watson for helping her stop! Weld and Mickey for giving some nice shoes! Exedy and Beechmont Ford for contributing to our program! Steeda and Viking for a kick ass suspension setup! UPR for keeping oil out of the intake!

Lil vid for ya!

[ame]
Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Nice!

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
:headbang::headbang:

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Bummed about the trans issues! You think its a hardware issue with the 10r80 or can it be fixed with tuning?

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Bummed about the trans issues! You think its a hardware issue with the 10r80 or can it be fixed with tuning?
just so new, we'll see as time goes

Sponsored

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
...and actually dropped compression to 11.2 so were actually leaving a little on the table there as well...
Well shucks, was hoping to see how long the the ā€˜18s would last with boost and 12:1 CR. Figured one of these high HP vendor race cars would be the early ones to start popping motors. Iā€™m guessing you didnā€™t want to take the risk?

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
i'd rather sell a perfectly good long block :)

and in all honesty, with a good tune and fuel, the power these will hold is no different than the 15-17 imo

i still think the factory sleeves are your weak point

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Congrats Terry!

Thatā€™s crazy if the 2018ā€™s donā€™t even need a converter to leave good 60ā€™s with centris. Now you just need Exedy to figure out clutch packs and John to dial in trans tuning, then really lean on it!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Great looking stickers on that car :)

Thank you for sharing ... we're okay with being the fastest 2018 NA with Steeda suspension parts :)

TJ

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
congrats!

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
i'd rather sell a perfectly good long block :)

and in all honesty, with a good tune and fuel, the power these will hold is no different than the 15-17 imo

i still think the factory sleeves are your weak point
You talking about the 18's? They dont have sleeves. I know that you know, but saying sleeves may be a little misleading to some people who don't know.

Hopefully some people will start pushing the 2018 motor soon. I think that the bores will be a little stronger than the 15-17

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
You talking about the 18's? They dont have sleeves. I know that you know, but saying sleeves may be a little misleading to some people who don't know.

Hopefully some people will start pushing the 2018 motor soon. I think that the bores will be a little stronger than the 15-17
correct, pushing through the water jacket area to be more specific, the 18's "stock" have the plasma transfer wire arc process,

it will be interesting to see with the more open area of the 18 block to the inside corners, how they hold up.

when we lost our 15 engine, we never hurt a piston or rod, we pushed through the water jackets after consistent low 9 second runs.

the 15's were weak due to the lack of the top and bottom bracing, which the 18 has now, but the corners now are open, so should be interesting

i wanted to save the block for resale or backup, so we went straight for a sleeved 18 block

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe an uneducated question but do you see a converter having much potential here? I ask because clearly the A10 is keeping you right in the powerband up top so the shift extension of a stall really will not be of any advantage. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only real benefit of a stall at this point would be the 60'/launch???

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Maybe an uneducated question but do you see a converter having much potential here? I ask because clearly the A10 is keeping you right in the powerband up top so the shift extension of a stall really will not be of any advantage. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only real benefit of a stall at this point would be the 60'/launch???
it will be, still going to get out a little quicker into the power band, plus the ability to hold higher horsepower
Sponsored