Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
I installed leather from leatherseats.com and they sent door inserts. It looks like a big job to get just right and with a chance of ruining the door panel. That combo looks great. What are the details? Katzkin?
I ordered katzkin vinyl of the same color (Tuscany Bourbon) from https://www.shopsar.com/katzkin-leather-material-s/1103.htm. From there, I had ford take off the door panels since I thought they screwed up the door latch recall since it was rattling like chattering teeth. After that, I used a dremel with a grinding disc to remove the plastic rivets.

I then took the inserts and material to a local upholstery shop where they stripped off the old material, did what you see there, and then used size 10 1/4in blue zinc screws to re-attach the insert to the door panel and then reinstalled the door panel.

It is not as difficult as it seems. The hardest part is done by the upholsterer

The following thread has some great details about disassembling the door panels.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92317

Cheers
Sponsored

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
14agzz4.jpg

GT350 track pack spoiler to finish out the rear end I think. Going to install new grille this weekend and then start working on suspension.
Shadow man is gonna get ya:D

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Copped these, thanks TJ.:thumbsup: You guys should have more of these winning sales :lol:

Sooooo.... When are you guys gonna discount some of them nice shifters you all got there?
Always feel free to email me at [email protected] - we can always look at pricing & see what we can do forum pricing wise :)

TJ

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Got my door panel inserts back from the upholster and installed them. In my humble opinion, I wish this was how the car came when I was able to get the option of adding leather. Oh well...now it is how I want it to be :D. Only thing left to do is the Sync 3 update and that is it :D
The panels look really sharp. Did you have the rears done as well? What does it run to have the panels done? ($$$)

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Got my door panel inserts back from the upholster and installed them. In my humble opinion, I wish this was how the car came when I was able to get the option of adding leather. Oh well...now it is how I want it to be :D. Only thing left to do is the Sync 3 update and that is it :D
Nice. A big improvement.

You just missed the factory option by a model year:
WP_20180316_10_35_30_Rich.png

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I wonder if (LMR) [MENTION=30837]Ziad@LMR[/MENTION] will have these inserts for purchase at some point?

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Nice. A big improvement.

Lol, that's what I did. I had the factory black cloth one. Tried a DIY upholstery on it and went to crap. Said forget it and got some used door panels with the leather black/red from a convertible GT on eBay. Replaced just the center with my base one with screws and I was good to go. Not sure if they offer the brown leather combo that [MENTION=19938]jperls[/MENTION] wanted tho.

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
Nice. A big improvement.

Looks good, I want to that with a dark gray alcantara. What did the shop charge you?

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Installed a K2 air filter, a K2 82mm supercharger pulley, did a couple datalog pulls with Brandon at Lund, and just for fun, mounted a Derale fan on my heat exchanger. And there wasn't even a lot of horribly abrasive language.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Looks good, I want to that with a dark gray alcantara. What did the shop charge you?
You quoted me, but maybe meant jperls.

Mine are factory. Part of the Premier interior option. Also includes soft-touch material on the top part of the doors, a different dash top and red stitching in a lot of places. The option was $3xx MSRP, I think. Hard to guess how much of that was for the door panels.

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
Roush heat exchangers put on. Here is a pic of one on and factory extractor for comparison. I modified the install a little as I didn’t want the drill two holes on each side in hood that would be visible if I went back to factory parts.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
At that angle I like the OE, or an OE style vent better than the Roush. And this is coming from a guy who has Roush vents on his 2016. The should have done a frame around them like on the '15-'17.
Sponsored