Sponsored

[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

kwikS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Here is the photo that a shop uploaded showing how they routed the vacuum lines for the solenoids.
Looks like the vaccum lines are routed the same as the factory 18 setup?

Vaccum line from the manifold to the bottom of the solenoid, top of the solenoid split out to the 2 IMRC actuators.

As a quick update after messing with it last night I'm still getting a P2005, bank 2 IMRC stuck open. I'm starting to think there's a chance I either have a weak/intermittent connection in the pigtail wiring on bank 2 or maybe some dust from porting sticking things up in the manifold.

I'm going to yank the manifold, clean it again, test the IMRC actuator, and rewire the pigtail. I'll probably get started tonight but doubt I'll be able to test until the weekend.

I will share this: it seems like wiring the solenoid plugs together eliminate the P2008/P2012 codes (bank 1/2 IMRC control curcuit codes) from having one of the plugs unhooked. I used 4 wire taps so I could to do it without cutting the 2 wires to the plug.

It sounds like some guys cars didn't throw those codes(?) so it might/might not be necessary but looks like it's working for me.

Seems like all I need to do at this point is figure out what's funky with my bank 2 actuator.
Sponsored

raptorgabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Looks like the vaccum lines are routed the same as the factory 18 setup?

Vaccum line from the manifold to the bottom of the solenoid, top of the solenoid split out to the 2 IMRC actuators.

As a quick update after messing with it last night I'm still getting a P2005, bank 2 IMRC stuck open. I'm starting to think there's a chance I either have a weak/intermittent connection in the pigtail wiring on bank 2 or maybe some dust from porting sticking things up in the manifold.

I'm going to yank the manifold, clean it again, test the IMRC actuator, and rewire the pigtail. I'll probably get started tonight but doubt I'll be able to test until the weekend.

I will share this: it seems like wiring the solenoid plugs together eliminate the P2008/P2012 codes (bank 1/2 IMRC control curcuit codes) from having one of the plugs unhooked. I used 4 wire taps so I could to do it without cutting the 2 wires to the plug.

It sounds like some guys cars didn't throw those codes(?) so it might/might not be necessary but looks like it's working for me.

Seems like all I need to do at this point is figure out what's funky with my bank 2 actuator.

Are your codes being thrown after u start it and let it run than shit off and start again without driving ? Or after you drive it ? Mine threw codes after I started it than shut it off than ran it again . Swapped wires and it stopped

Cream Puff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in the market
my 2nd manifold is through customs.. hopefully its not obliterated :headbang::headbang:

Sponsored

kwikS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Are your codes being thrown after u start it and let it run than shit off and start again without driving ? Or after you drive it ? Mine threw codes after I started it than shut it off than ran it again . Swapped wires and it stopped
It's throwing a pending code after I start & drive the car.

What codes did yours throw? What wires did you swap?

So you'you're saying your 18 manifold is installed wit no codes now? Are you checking for pending codes?

raptorgabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
It's throwing a pending code after I start & drive the car.

What codes did yours throw? What wires did you swap?

So you'you're saying your 18 manifold is installed wit no codes now? Are you checking for pending codes?
Before when I tried wiring it no codes than shit the car off . Started again I had5 codes saying imrc stuck open on both sides. Swapped wiring on one side and cleared the codes. Started again let run than shut off and started again . Half the codes were gone so I did the same to the other side and all codes were gone from starting and let running than shutting it off and back on no codes what’s so ever and I did it like 5 times. Didn’t get to drive it though cuz it was snowing

kwikS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Before when I tried wiring it no codes than shit the car off . Started again I had5 codes saying imrc stuck open on both sides. Swapped wiring on one side and cleared the codes. Started again let run than shut off and started again . Half the codes were gone so I did the same to the other side and all codes were gone from starting and let running than shutting it off and back on no codes what’s so ever and I did it like 5 times. Didn’t get to drive it though cuz it was snowing
Did you scan for pending codes?

If you did and it's all clear, what did you do with the extra solenoid plug?

Cream Puff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in the market
The dude above finally got back to me on the assembled harnesses.

He wont send out just the female ends and wont ship assembled units international. So I guess I'll be wiring the car the old fashioned way :doh:

Sponsored

raptorgabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Did you scan for pending codes?

If you did and it's all clear, what did you do with the extra solenoid plug?
I started and shut off 5 times or so and no codes at all . Not sure how to check a pending code but should have popped up by than

EODTech87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
The dude above finally got back to me on the assembled harnesses.

He wont send out just the female ends and wont ship assembled units international. So I guess I'll be wiring the car the old fashioned way :doh:
How soon do you absolutely need them by? I have some on the way that I’m 99% sure will work but want to verify first.

raptorgabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
You have to have alll the fittings up front right to . Certain vacuum lines to each connector

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato
How soon do you absolutely need them by? I have some on the way that I’m 99% sure will work but want to verify first.
Curious what part number you ordered.
Sponsored