Sponsored

Ride height calibration procedure?

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Where can you buy this scan tool? thx
I got my genuine VCM2 (the official Ford service product) from an eBay seller at about $1400, and the software license for IDS is about $900 a year. With that, you can do pretty much anything a dealer can do.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
That's insane. For $1200 you can get the DSC Sport controller and totally reprogram the system.

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Well I use my scanner on lots of cars not just shelby

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
That's insane. For $1200 you can get the DSC Sport controller and totally reprogram the system.
And how are you liking the control? What can you adjust? Rebound /compression?

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I love it. Compression and rebound control are, of course, the essential functions of any damper. Magneride gives the dampers a brain and DSC makes it smarter. Tweaking the settings is optional as the DSC calibrations are highly developed already. One of the major benefits is the ability to dial in maximum comfort even in track mode, meaning you can have the shocks on full soft while traveling in a straight line. The instant it senses any lateral G force it tightens things up as fast and as hard as you want. By the same token you can specify the base ride to any degree of stiffness you want. I've had mine for over a year so I really don't remember what a stock GT350 feels like. I did drive an R recently for the first time. Even in normal mode it seemed like it pushed the daily driver envelope whereas my car is perfectly tractable even in Track Mode on the street. Of course the developer, Mike Levitas, is an accomplished racer, having won Daytona among others, and put in lots of track time perfecting the programming with the goal of improving lap times.
Sponsored