Sponsored

R model ride height question

Calgaryshelby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R - Triple black
Am picking up my R on the week of May 3 and have normal curved curb on my driveway, but just questioning the ride height with the spoiler on the R and whether I should be investing in a driveway curb ramp - my city has banned them - but am likely to invest in one anyways.
Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Even on the non-R, you scrape on normal curbs if you don't go in at an angle.

With the R being a little lower, it'll be even worse. On the plus side, the way the splitter curls upward, the scrapes aren't visually noticeable from standing looking at it.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Do you know what the splitter hight is from the ground?

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
You could also use a non-R front splitter if you are going to drive it often. $480 provides much more clearance by being tucked up under the bumper on the left and right corners, and not going to care any where near as much when you do scrape it.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Am picking up my R on the week of May 3 and have normal curved curb on my driveway, but just questioning the ride height with the spoiler on the R and whether I should be investing in a driveway curb ramp - my city has banned them - but am likely to invest in one anyways.
I shaved my driveway curb down and even my GT350 still cannot make into my driveway let alone my R model.

Are you allowed to shave your driveway down and if not you better get some 2X10's or curb ramps as I suggest that you are going to have a problem for sure.

Good luck!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Hope you get it figured out. I don't have any curbs, I'm more worried about it getting scraped going over normal road thingy's

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I understand the concern, but scraping the splitter is going to happen, it is inevitable. However it is just plastic! Easily repaired or easily replaced. Thank goodness it's not CF.
Sponsored