Sponsored

Center console options

Madeindetroit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Does anyone know if the center console can be swapped with the GT premium 2018’s center console with soft touch material? If not, are their any aftermarket options out there that have leather wrapped center consoles and knee bolstering? This plastic is the worst part about the interior in my opinion and it would be nice to get it swapped out with better material.
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
The console is one HUGE piece. You would have to practically disassemble the entire dash area to swap or modify it.

youloze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I think he is referring to the shifter console.

OP, I agree that the center shifter console does not match with the quality of the rest of the interior (which I was surprised to find to be quite good for an American car).

If there aren't any readily available options you could always take it off and have an upholstery shop cover it. I plan on doing just that at some point. Probably with the same material and stitching as what is on the Recaros.

OP
OP

Madeindetroit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Yes my mistake, I was talking about the shifter console. It looks like it can be a direct swap with the 18 MY premium interiors but haven’t been able to find anything. I figured it would cost about the same or maybe even cheaper to purchase it as an OEM piece rather than have it fabricated but I’ll check it out.

p.bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Yes my mistake, I was talking about the shifter console. It looks like it can be a direct swap with the 18 MY premium interiors but haven’t been able to find anything. I figured it would cost about the same or maybe even cheaper to purchase it as an OEM piece rather than have it fabricated but I’ll check it out.
I'm interested in this as well.

Sponsored

youloze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Yeah, if you find out please report back. I'd be interested in something like this.

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
It's currently listed at almost $950 from Ford, but it looks to be available... I'll wait for the price to drop, haha.

Sponsored

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
The Ford parts website is 100% useless for finding the actual part number, not sure why they're so against giving REAL part numbers...

kommons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Okay, thanks.

The part number for the "Ebony" one is - JR3Z63044E50AB

Looks like it can be had for about $600

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
You can buy a used one on ebay for ~$160. Then have it covered, or wait till they start totaling the 2018 cars. I hate the shape of the top section with cup holders. I pulled mine when I put in MGW shifter, took the key fob antenna off and currently driving without it.

JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
You can buy a used one on ebay for ~$160. Then have it covered, or wait till they start totaling the 2018 cars. I hate the shape of the top section with cup holders. I pulled mine when I put in MGW shifter, took the key fob antenna off and currently driving without it.
could you post a picture of this?

thanks
Jack
Sponsored