Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

Spirit Of Fire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Faster Horse
Classic ford. I stopped paying attention weeks ago. I knew it was all gonna be a let down, just look at the way they announced the refreshed mustang. They didn’t do at a major car show, but waited a week later on some obscure event. Who ever is in charge of their marketing needs to be replaced. Their stock price is in the shitter partially due to their archaic marketing tactics.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I mean, their marketing team was ON FIRE in 2015... I really don't know how they've dropped the ball so hard in just 3 short years, but its frustrating as hell. Gonna be another case of the GT350R, where the car finally comes out in time to compete with a car that's no longer in production :frusty:

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I mean, their marketing team was ON FIRE in 2015... I really don't know how they've dropped the ball so hard in just 3 short years, but its frustrating as hell. Gonna be another case of the GT350R, where the car finally comes out in time to compete with a car that's no longer in production :frusty:
If that’s the case, it’s not marketing its probably development. If the car was ready we’d know. Something is a miss and hints have been dropped in the threads.

Ultimately the power that was envisioned was MADE, but couldn’t be handled by the rest of the car. Long/short car not ready for whatever reason.

Not marketing imo.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If that’s the case, it’s not marketing its probably development. If the car was ready we’d know. Something is a miss and hints have been dropped in the threads.

Ultimately the power that was envisioned was MADE, but couldn’t be handled by the rest of the car. Long/short car not ready for whatever reason.

Not marketing imo.
I think you're dead on with these comments. Ford's engineering team has been setting the bar really high and hitting most of their marks, but it seems to me that the Mustang team has been behind schedule. Of course I prefer this by far to them sending out something unfinished or just another me too kind of vehicle like Chevy has done lately.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
So,....I wonder what gives?
Is Ford having problems with developing the new GT500? Are they falling short of power and performance? Probably because of the cars that are out here already, ie., ZL1, Z06, the Hellcats?

Anyone else think they are having issues with the development of this new GT500?
Yes, I'm inpatient. lol :D

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
So,....I wonder what gives?
Is Ford having problems with developing the new GT500? Are they falling short of power and performance? Probably because of the cars that are out here already, ie., ZL1, Z06, the Hellcats?

Anyone else think they are having issues with the development of this new GT500?
Yes, I'm inpatient. lol :D
It’s a good question. You would think with how easily SC mustangs have been including Roush that this development wouldn’t be over the top difficult. Maybe they are having tuning/heat issues with the DCT or having to do a lot of testing on CF parts? I don’t know. I’m feeling though once it’s debuted it’ll make a lot more sense.

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
The show is a week away and you guys are saying that it's not happening because there has been no leaks.. am I missing something? Could it possibly be that Ford has kept everything air tight on this project?

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
It’s a good question. You would think with how easily SC mustangs have been including Roush that this development wouldn’t be over the top difficult. Maybe they are having tuning/heat issues with the DCT or having to do a lot of testing on CF parts? I don’t know. I’m feeling though once it’s debuted it’ll make a lot more sense.
Yeah,....it's weird. So, you think they are having issues as well? I think they are. But, nothing we can do but wait.
By the way, how you you like the Z06? Thoughht and opinions please!
A8 or M7?

The show is a week away and you guys are saying that it's not happening because there has been no leaks.. am I missing something? Could it possibly be that Ford has kept everything air tight on this project?
The Bullitt is making it's debut next week, not the GT500.
Unless Ford surprises everyone! lol

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Everything has gone completely radio silent so maybe that means we are getting close. Im beyond ready to see this thing! So a big surprise next week would be great. If not then hopefully no later than Chicago!!!!! I can't imagine why they would waste all the publicity they would get at Detroit unless its just not ready?

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Yeah,....it's weird. So, you think they are having issues as well? I think they are. But, nothing we can do but wait.
By the way, how you you like the Z06? Thoughht and opinions please!
A8 or M7
lol
I don’t know there’s issues for sure but it’s not like this is there first SC application or TT setup, so I think there’s some sort of complication, if it’s going to have a DCT that would be guess. that they could be having heat issues or just a lot of tunning to get it perfect.

As far as my Z06 it’s an A8, I love it at this point, specially the interior and design, such a step up from the previous gen. Great brakes, well balanced on the track, excellent handling. My criticism would be I wish they would’ve spent some more time on throttle response and smoothness. I feel at times it’s not always a gradual acceleration but rather you hit a point and it takes off. Also wish it put power to the ground a bit better considering it’s a 50/50 balance, I don’t think the GT500 or ZL1 well be much better in that regard though. The A8 is good, very fast up shifts but kinda laggy on downshift, specifically if your using the paddles. I REALLY look forward to the ME Corvette, I think it’ll be significantly better at putting the power down and it’s very likely it gets a DCT. If the GT500 is as great as Bmac says I’ll look to move to that if I can find one for MSRP (good luck right), or wait on the ME vette.

Ponyboy4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2004 GT Premium
Looks exactly like the current GT350 door sill, fake news.
Sponsored