Sponsored

HOW make start up sounds better?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
My old h-pipe w/ stock mufflers sounded _terrible_ on cold start. It was ok once it warmed up.

Keep the stock resonator to tame the rasp and get some loud axle-back mufflers.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
My old h-pipe w/ stock mufflers sounded _terrible_ on cold start. It was ok once it warmed up.

Keep the stock resonator to tame the rasp and get some loud axle-back mufflers.
Best way to get an aggressive start up (and overall tone) is with an X-pipe or H-pipe and different mufflers than stock. The resonator or any resonated midpipe calms and muffles it a lot. 3" piping also provides a nice acoustic benefit (deeper and louder).

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yes and there is a bit of drone on the hwy when in 6th gear.

It's a possibility :D
What kind of exhaust tips do you have? My first setup, I had an H-Pipe with an electric cutout (essentially muffler delete), with the exit pipes dumped before the axle. With that setup, the drone would hit ridiculous levels. When I took off the electric cutout, remove the stock mufflers, and put double wall exhaust tips out back, the drone became almost nonexistent. Noticeable in certain rpms, but very minimal for the most part.

earlingy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
Corsa Extreme, or any other loud exhaust (Corsa. Do it.), everyone around will know you have started the car, and every car guy will know it's a Coyote Mustang. Don't listen to all those videos of other car brands...ours sound better.
But if you must... you can sound more like the Camaro in your vid, just hold your foot on the gas while you start it, and let it off once it's cranked. The RS7 comes from the factory with a tune that pops and burbles like crazy, and that one has APR badges, meaning it's probably got an even more aggressive tune, and likely exhaust. APR will give you a tune for your other Audis/VW to pop on decel just like the RS models do. I imagine a tuner could give you popping noises on falling revs.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Corsa Extreme, or any other loud exhaust (Corsa. Do it.), everyone around will know you have started the car, and every car guy will know it's a Coyote Mustang. Don't listen to all those videos of other car brands...ours sound better.
But if you must... you can sound more like the Camaro in your vid, just hold your foot on the gas while you start it, and let it off once it's cranked. The RS7 comes from the factory with a tune that pops and burbles like crazy, and that one has APR badges, meaning it's probably got an even more aggressive tune, and likely exhaust. APR will give you a tune for your other Audis/VW to pop on decel just like the RS models do. I imagine a tuner could give you popping noises on falling revs.
Even the Corsa Sport has a pretty narly sounding startup. Just slightly more tame than the Xtreme.

Sponsored

SoulTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem. Oxford White
The corsa xtreme cold start is already louder on start than all the videos posted. Everyone in my neighbourhood knows when I start the car and when I leave.

If you want loud with crackling go corsa sport catback + headers, if you want even louder then corsa xtreme with headers and if you want full nascar loud catless headers and xtremes. Plenty of youtube videos of all of these combinations.

[ame]

Love this setup. I think Catted Stainless Power headers + Corsa Xtreme.

strongholdsteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can manipulate the idle in tune - making it louder or quieter on start-up.

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Premium PP GT
If you want to wake the dead n piss off the neighbors get the Roush axle back and an X-pipe . That is what I'm running . Been asked a few times if I'm running a Roush engine said it sounds like a NASCAR . lol