Sponsored

2018 Mustang Performance Package Level 2 (PP2) "Tremor Package" Contents Revealed

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Originally Posted by Nanashii View Post
I have an order for a GT, 301A, PP2, Recaro Cloth, Active Exhaust. $45,390 MSRP, $39,816 sale price and $42,330 OTD (this includes the current $500 rebate). Any additional rebates/incentives at the time of delivery will be added to the deal. At the end of the negotiations, two dealers dropped down to this price and two other dealers were $350 higher. All local.

401A is not required.
That's interesting because the latest articles say this car should have an MSRP (before transportation) of $46,985 - difference being $1595 which is the cost of the Recaros. The article states Recaro's are extra even with cloth, which is consistent with other articles I have seen.

https://www.torquenews.com/106/pricing-out-2018-ford-mustang-gt-level-2-performance-pack
Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I have an order for a GT, 301A, PP2, Recaro Cloth, Active Exhaust. $45,390 MSRP, $39,816 sale price and $42,330 OTD (this includes the current $500 rebate). Any additional rebates/incentives at the time of delivery will be added to the deal. At the end of the negotiations, two dealers dropped down to this price and two other dealers were $350 higher. All local.

401A is not required.
So the OTD price includes taxes I presume? Here in Nebraska we pay taxes when we get plates. Price of the car would likely be financed with cash going to taxes and plates. So if I can get one for around $40K I'd be looking at about $4K at licensing.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
How the f did you get almost $5k off MSRP?
I reached out to about 10 local dealers and asked them for OTD pricing on the exact build I am looking to order. Once I got the first round of bids, I took the lowest one and went through all the dealers again to see which ones can beat it. Rinse and repeat until I got a bid which only one other dealer was willing to match and no other dealers would beat. The entire negotiation process was handled over email. Once the price was locked in, I went to the physical location to sign the spec sheet, the pricing sheet and give them a deposit.

Its the % you get off msrp. $5K off of msrp $48K VS. $5K off of msrp $32K. I see guys bragging about getting $8K off a msrp $92K Z06. That’s no deal. Try $12K off a msrp $69K GS.
Yup, I always look at it in percentage terms. Figured after kickbacks from Ford, volume dealers probably pay ~85% of MSRP for the car, so that's what I use as an indication for how good of a deal I am getting.

That's interesting because the latest articles say this car should have an MSRP (before transportation) of $46,985 - difference being $1595 which is the cost of the Recaros. The article states Recaro's are extra even with cloth, which is consistent with other articles I have seen.

https://www.torquenews.com/106/pricing-out-2018-ford-mustang-gt-level-2-performance-pack
The article is incorrect. I have a vehicle order confirmation in hand with the itemized pricing straight out of Ford's system.

So the OTD price includes taxes I presume? Here in Nebraska we pay taxes when we get plates. Price of the car would likely be financed with cash going to taxes and plates. So if I can get one for around $40K I'd be looking at about $4K at licensing.
Yeah, it includes taxes (~4.27% for my state and county), government fees and an astronomical $6XX doc fee which is non-negotiable.

Last edited:

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
The article is incorrect. I have a vehicle order confirmation in hand with the itemized pricing straight out of Ford's system.
Does the itemized pricing spells out Recaro Seats?

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yes, the cloth Recaro seats are listed on the VOC. The only items with retail/invoice pricing are GT Coupe, 301A, PP2 and Active Exhaust. Everything else including the Recaros is either "NC" or blank.

I'll try to post a copy of the VOC later today.

Sponsored

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
Yes, the cloth Recaro seats are listed on the VOC. The only items with retail/invoice pricing are GT Coupe, 301A, PP2 and Active Exhaust. Everything else including the Recaros is either "NC" or blank.

I'll try to post a copy of the VOC later today.
Thanks. That is good to know. Assuming that Ford's comments on "recommending coolers" was out of an abundance of caution, meaning that the cars actually do well on track without them, your config is a very attractive package and similarly priced to the 1SS 1LE.

I'll be very interested in your impressions when you get it.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Thanks. That is good to know. Assuming that Ford's comments on "recommending coolers" was out of an abundance of caution, meaning that the cars actually do well on track without them, your config is a very attractive package and similarly priced to the 1SS 1LE.

I'll be very interested in your impressions when you get it.
....and what previous evidence leads you to this assumption? I mean, it would be nice - but I think you SHOULD assume that you'll need coolers for long track sessions. Remember, the last time they recommended coolers - it was not an abundance of caution - it was because the car NEEDED them.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Here’s what was posted when this thread started. Order details for a base, 301A, PP2 car. Notice the $0 out beside the Recaro cloth sport seats option....

8B8488D3-D92F-428C-A147-8B815B186F32.png

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Interested to see the screen shot of the VOC as most sources are saying they are not included. I would think "blank" could mean they are not included. Hope they are, but the math doesn't add up. The upcharge from PP1 is only $2500. Not sure they would give Magnaride and Recaro's which would normally cost over $3000 by themselves plus all of the other goodies for minus $500.

Another article:

"The Mustang’s not always comfortable Recaro sport seats—cloth on the base car, leather on the Premium—remain a $1595 extra on both Level 2 trim levels."

https://blog.caranddriver.com/level...-offers-harder-core-level-2-performance-pack/

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Yeah, it includes taxes (~4.27% for my state and county), government fees and an astronomical $6XX doc fee which is non-negotiable.
We have to figure 10% on the final price at licensing. Can be lowered by trade in. We get taxed on the trade difference. Sales tax is 7% where I'm at plus other license fee's. Doc fee's are specific to dealerships and can sometimes get zeroed out.

I hope I can get a local dealer to get me in that price point because I'm considering 301a, PP2 (with recaros) and active exhaust. I might even consider looking up to a few hours away if that's what it takes.

Although I'm tempted by the 10spd auto in which case I'd probably do 401a, magna ride, active exhaust, PP1 and auto. Just looks like a great all around car (street, strip and probably track as well).

Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The PP2 is about 46-48K
And from initial reports, doesn't include stuff in the cheaper 1LE. When the Mustang PP had a $5k+ price advanatge, it was OK. But with the higher prices for the 2018, you get to pay more for less.

Maybe Ford wants to sell fewer V8 Mustangs to help it's CAFE numbers?

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Here’s what was posted when this thread started. Order details for a base, 301A, PP2 car. Notice the $0 out beside the Recaro cloth sport seats option....

8B8488D3-D92F-428C-A147-8B815B186F32.png
And notice the incorrect tire sizes as well.

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
And from initial reports, doesn't include stuff in the cheaper 1LE. When the Mustang PP had a $5k price advanatge, it was OK. But with the higher prices for the 2018, you get to pay more for less.

Maybe Ford wants to sell fewer V8 Mustangs to help it CAFE numbers?
Yeah, I asked in this thread earlier or a different one.........is the 5.0 architecture really that much more expensive than the LT1, that GM can do 6/4 piston brembos and all the other goodies for significantly cheaper?

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Try trueCar.com for your zip Code. This will give you a starting point on negotiations. Then get quotes from other dealers. Text the internet manager @ the dealerships. Get a good price without ever talking to a salesman. For the final quote get face to face with the manager, then it’s the “ will you buy today @ this price “ first person to talk loses !
Its the % you get off msrp. $5K off of msrp $48K VS. $5K off of msrp $32K. I see guys bragging about getting $8K off a msrp $92K Z06. That’s no deal. Try $12K off a msrp $69K GS.
I don't think it is so simple when ordering a car not even on the lots yet. I just used X-plan for mine. We only have 3 Ford dealers here, so negotiations tend to be limited.

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
....and what previous evidence leads you to this assumption?
Zero evidence on the yet to be available/tested car.

But....

I tracked a 2012 Mustang GT Brembo Brake Package (the grand daddy of the PP) a while back, and I learned that, other than the rear end, I could keep engine and transmission temps in check by shifting short of redline as needed. So there is hope. :)

I'd rather track it stock and take it to dealer to fix s$#t under warranty, than put aftermarket coolers and be nervous every time something breaks.
Sponsored