Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Those are not the same cars. The camo is different... and I would certainly hope that a GT500 would have a lower front spoiler than the pic above.
Sponsored

supersnake94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus SE
Looks like a big hood scoop on it. Must need hood clearance for a gigantic supercharger .
Big hood bulge means nothing. It could just be foam underneath to distort the lines. They did the same with the GT350
The lowered ride height and the '15 headlights make me wonder too. Possible this is an early mule?

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
The "lowered a lot" in the rear doesn't mean anything. I can guarantee you that the car will not be coming out like that. Look at the front tire gap. It's higher than the rear.
Just seems odd. Could be the road, could be the angle of the photo.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Big hood bulge means nothing. It could just be foam underneath to distort the lines. They did the same with the GT350

The lowered ride height and the '15 headlights make me wonder too. Possible this is an early mule?
Yes it's a mule guys. They run them and do development with them all the way through till they get pre-production plant builds, at which point it will have been revealed.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Yes it's a mule guys. They run them and do development with them all the way through till they get pre-production plant builds, at which point it will have been revealed.
So are we close to that reveal is the real question?!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
For how long they have been working on this thing, it should be capable of flight, deep space exploration, amphibious, tunnel thru mountains, all while running off H20.

Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
For how long they have been working on this thing, it should be capable of flight, deep space exploration, amphibious, tunnel thru mountains, all while running off H20.
It has been a while now! That’s why it being supercharged seems so odd, it doesn’t take this long to develop an SC engine. I think we would all get it if they were developing a TT engine or AWD or something. But what I think many of us are expecting to be essentially a beefed up gt350 chassis, 5.2 SC engine and possibly a dct I’m not seeing why so long of a wait.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
The earliest GT500 rumours we were told 2018, MY19 were the suggestions. Whether it's been delayed or not we won't know. I can understand if Ford need to play their cards close to their chest for this halo Mustang, considering the expectations.

If when it arrives, it truly demolishes its competition then that's all that counts. And for that reason they should take their time.

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
It has been a while now! That’s why it being supercharged seems so odd, it doesn’t take this long to develop an SC engine. I think we would all get it if they were developing a TT engine or AWD or something. But what I think many of us are expecting to be essentially a beefed up gt350 chassis, 5.2 SC engine and possibly a dct I’m not seeing why so long of a wait.
I think the success of the GT350 pushed the release. Just a guess but it sure would be nice to find out one day. But of course that assumes we’re getting nothing but a blown 5.0 or 5.2 cpc with the A10 as an option. It’s frustrating without details.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I think what happened is, ford was just expecting a ZL1 to outperform, instead GM brought the Zl1-L1E too, and that made them have to go back to the drawing board.
Now, Im sure it will be fast as hell on a track too, whether that is a seperate model (GT500R) or just a track package option, we'll see. Maybe at the LA show? Most likely detroit in 2018. WOW, that only leaves like 6 months from when announced, until production. Really, thats not a lot of time. Now, if only GM would show the ME at the same time.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I think what happened is, ford was just expecting a ZL1 to outperform, instead GM brought the Zl1-L1E too, and that made them have to go back to the drawing board.
Now, Im sure it will be fast as hell on a track too, whether that is a seperate model (GT500R) or just a track package option, we'll see. Maybe at the LA show? Most likely detroit in 2018. WOW, that only leaves like 6 months from when announced, until production. Really, thats not a lot of time. Now, if only GM would show the ME at the same time.
Believe me, there are no reactionary changes to products in this industry like that. Product plans and requirements are frozen 2+ years before production. Deviating is VERY hard and usually very expensive.

The '18 Mustang was revealed in Jan of this year. Plant production en masse started in September, with the very first plant builds only a couple weeks after the reveal. I see a similar timeline happening for a '19MY car. By the time the cars are revealed, they have finished all the engineering validation testing. Only final calibration changes and certification remain. All that's left is to integrate them into the plant, which includes bringing suppliers up to speed and production rate with quality, and addressing any fit, finish or build issues that come out of the pre-production builds (which usually start very soon after reveals).
Sponsored