Sponsored

The Small Questions Thread

JiminVirginia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Shelby GT350. No stripes.
When touching the handle (with the fob) you must be brushing across the sensor on the top of the handle, which locks the car. It is designed to stay locked for a few seconds and then unlocks as you tug on it. Keep your hand away from the top ridged surface, it can be sensitive.
Thanks. Yes, you're right, I know.

It just makes no sense to me that somebody trying to rob the car of contents can get in more easily.

For that matter, if carrying a fob I could get in more easily if I'd LOCKED the car than left it unlocked.
Sponsored

JiminVirginia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds pretty normal to me.

I assume you know to touch the area with the 3 stripes at the rear of the handle to lock it.

When I want to open my locked door, I don't just "touch" the handle any old way. I insert my fingers downward into the door cup and then pull on the handle. I can confuse the car if I don't show it confidence this way.
Yes, thanks.

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Do any of the aftermarket clutches have the clutch pedal engagement point closer to the floor? I can't stand how high up the stock clutch grabs, it's tough to shift smoothly.

JiminVirginia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay, well, try it and let us know if it works. Would be nice to know if it's your car or just you. :lol:
Will do. You're description of "confusing the car" very much captures what it feels like when this happens.

Sponsored

johnson.ba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Track Pack
Anyone notice the little cutout in the right side piece that connects the visor to the roof? It's not mentioned in the manual and i don't really see any practical use for it, its a little to big to slide a picture or plastic card into.

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
'been stalking the hooked on meth thread - http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92665

1 - bad idea on an ecoboost or so long as it's installed properly, we're cool?
2 - sounds like it benefits from a tune - true?
3 - only triggers around wide open throttle? Correct?
4 - Most of the kits I see say water / meth - water I'm assuming doesn't produce the same result as meth?
5 - where TF do you buy meth? lol...
edit - found this -

https://www.amazon.com/Snow-Perform...=UTF8&qid=1509049492&sr=8-4&keywords=methonal

looks like that works?

Looks like a relatively cheap (seen kits from $500 to $900) way to add more power (40 or 50hp?)

(maybe not such a small question)

OP
OP
JKL1031

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
Anyone notice the little cutout in the right side piece that connects the visor to the roof? It's not mentioned in the manual and i don't really see any practical use for it, its a little to big to slide a picture or plastic card into.

It's for cards I put my proof of insurance there incase someone wants to yell stop reaching a dump a clip on me.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
One of the stupider things in life that I get peeved by is when people with a car that has nice climate control with an "auto" mode never use it and just use the manual settings all the time.
I use the manual mode quite a bit because they do not allow me to define the default "Auto" mode behavior. Who decided that the heater should only blow on my feet, or that the air conditioning should not blow on my feet????

I would use the "Auto" function all the time if by default both hot and cold would blow on BOTH my feet and my torso... Defrost to the windshield and everything else to everywhere else.

As for small questions about the climate controls:
1) When I am running in Auto mode and select the option to blow out the dash and at my feet, the "Auto" is cancelled (for the air flow directional portion, fan speed and temp still "Auto"). However, whenever I turn off the car and then return an start it up again, it is ALWAYS set to recirculation (regardless of the power off recirculation state). Does that happen to anyone else?

2) When the car is running and you are sitting quietly enough to hear the climate control blower fan speed, does your "hunt" up and down rather frequently? Mine will be on the lowest setting for maybe a minute or so, then speed up for a while, then slow down again. Like it can't make up its mind what setting it should be running at. Doesn't seem to happen when it is on high trying to correct a big temp difference. Anyone else?

Sponsored

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Does the premium 401a have reverse sensors that beep when you're close to stationary objects? I know it has traffic detection of moving objects. Hadn't tried to really push it but it doesn't seem like it.
Yes the 401a has the reverse sensors. It's come in handy a few times.
Maybe it depends on the model year. My 2016 401a does not include the reverse sensing. That was a separate option available with or without the 401a. On the 2016 you will know whether or not you have the reverse sensing option because the upper right corner of the reverse camera image will have a top view overlay of your car with green, yellow, and red fan areas behind it. As those areas light up while backing you will hear distinctive beeps warning you of the remaining distance.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
When I approach the unlocked car with a fob in my pocket, and I touch the handle, the car often locks itself. After multiple tugs on the handle, it unlocks.

What is odd is that if I approach the unlocked car WITHOUT the fob, and I touch the handle, the car always opens effortlessly.

It makes no sense that it's easier to get in the car without the fob.

(Yes, I know there's a sensor in the handle I'm activating. So?)
I have also noticed that sometimes my car won't unlock right away like I'm used to. I think it comes from the passenger touching the unlock button in their handle before the FOB in my pocket is close enough for the car to register. So the car holds the locks thinking it was an uninvited guest. I have to tell them to let go so I can register the unlock on my door.

Is there a way to set the car to automatically lock the doors when left parked? Many times I forget to touch the top of the handle or push the FOB lock button... Since it automatically unlocks with the FOB in my pocket, I would like it to just be locked all the time. Might also prevent the embarrassment of climbing in and pushing the start button only to get a "No Key Detected" message when I've left the FOB in the house.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Here's a new small question...

Does anyone else using the automatic memory mirror and seat adjustment feature (i.e. whenever my car is unlocked with my FOB it automatically restores "driver 1" settings) have this problem:?

Every once in awhile the side mirror (either one) gets confused and moves all the way up, thumps against the stop a few times and then moves back into position.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
I love this thread... I have a whole list of little questions, not sure if they are normal behavior or something that should be looked at.

How much rotational free-play (slack) should there be in the driveline? I fear that mine may be too loose. When applying torque from a "coast" or removing torque to a "coast" I hear a clunk from down there.

Some examples:
Shifting from Neutral (clutch engaged) to First without allowing sufficient time for the input and counter shaft to spin down to a stop.

When disengaging the clutch a split second before the throttle has evened up with the vehicle speed.

Normal? Or sloppy driveline?

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Here's a new small question...

Does anyone else using the automatic memory mirror and seat adjustment feature (i.e. whenever my car is unlocked with my FOB it automatically restores "driver 1" settings) have this problem:?

Every once in awhile the side mirror (either one) gets confused and moves all the way up, thumps against the stop a few times and then moves back into position.
Mine does this. Looking for anyone who has been able to get it fixed.
Sponsored