Sponsored

Corsa Extreme, TO LOUD!!! Help..

BigMikeVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 s550 GTPP
Hey Guys, and Gals,

I currently run LTH headers catless into a corsa extreme catback... I know.... It was awesome with factory cats and no boost... Now that the car has double the HP and LTH with no cats its obnoxiously loud to the point where I cant bring it to work because of the cold starts in the morning.:headbang:

I even got a message from a local guy who runs a car show asking me to be more quiet when I leave. I wasnt even on the gas because it was a residential neighborhood.

I love it dont get me wrong but my neighbors hate me. Has anyone else ran into this issue and swapped rear mufflers to something quieter?:frusty:
Sponsored

amhauke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
I had the same exhaust and couldn't stand it. I sold the Extreme and bought the Sport. Hands down the best sounding exhaust.

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I had the same exhaust and couldn't stand it. I sold the Extreme and bought the Sport. Hands down the best sounding exhaust.
Same here. The Extreme is too Extreme for me. I went back to my MBRP Street. Similar to the Corsa Sport I think.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Don't panic. Start it tomorrow morning to go to work, give it a second to warm up, exit onto street and do a second gear burnout as if your life depended it on it, a good 100+ foot one. Stop, exit your car with his note and pen, flip it over and write..."it can always be worse ;). 'Merica!". Stick on his door and move on.

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Don't panic. Start it tomorrow morning to go to work, give it a second to warm up, exit onto street and do a second gear burnout as if your life depended it on it, a good 100+ foot one. Stop, exit your car with his note and pen, flip it over and write..."it can always be worse ;). 'Merica!". Stick on his door and move on.

Ha Haaaa!!!! Holy sh*t, I love it. Good stuff!!!

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Nah. Just go over Sunday morning at 5am to his driveway a do the same burnout there. I'm sure he'd love it.

OP
OP

BigMikeVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 s550 GTPP
im up at and out of my house at 4:30 am everyday LOL. Im gonna look into the sport.

Anyone have a sport setup they want to trade straight up for the extremes???

OP
OP

BigMikeVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 s550 GTPP
there's no way im paying 1200 dollars to make my exhaust quieter!! LOL Ill weld in mufflers before that

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
In all seriousness, I hate stupid loud exhausts, but if you like it keep it. I'm not spending 1000 bucks because of one guy who's looking for something to bitch about. I'd get a free revision from your tuner to remove cold start or like you said, look for someone to swap setups with, even trade.

Sponsored

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
I even got a message from a local guy who runs a car show asking me to be more quiet when I leave. I wasnt even on the gas because it was a residential neighborhood.
event organizer says car exhaust is too loud? we had a nitro funny car at the last car event we did, and that was in downtown.

you bought exhaust called "extreme", what did you expect?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
either swap out mufflers or resonators should help

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Hey Guys, and Gals,

I currently run LTH headers catless into a corsa extreme catback... I know.... It was awesome with factory cats and no boost... Now that the car has double the HP and LTH with no cats its obnoxiously loud to the point where I cant bring it to work because of the cold starts in the morning.:headbang:

I love it dont get me wrong but my neighbors hate me. Has anyone else ran into this issue and swapped rear mufflers to something quieter?:frusty:
I feel your pain! I have Borla Atak's. I just finish the build on my new house, moved into the neighborhood and met a neighbor who said "oh so your the guy who owns the Mustang who I keep hearing about."

Mind you I drive my car maybe once/twice a week and rarely start it earlier than 8am (only for Cars and Coffee). He went on to explain people think I drag race through the neighbor hood and rev excessively. Fact is, I coast down the hill to my house on purpose letting it idle all the way way down, and going up the hill I don't go over 15 to keep the noise down... My wife can vouch for this lol

Don't get me wrong, I have no plans on quieting it down to satisfy them, especially those who's dogs don't shut up, but it does suck.

On a positive note, I met all the car guys in my neighborhood :) Two GTR's, 911 GT3, Hellcat, CTSV, Cammed Z06, 800whp STI, 51' Ford F1 and a Maserati all within 6 houses of me either side.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
On a positive note, I met all the car guys in my neighborhood :) Two GTR's.......Cammed Z06.....800whp STI, all within 6 houses of me either side.
on my way, found my dream neighborhood.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
on my way, found my dream neighborhood.
The STI guy and I already had some fun on the toll way. That F'ing car is fast for a suby!!!
Sponsored