Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Thanks to everyone pointing out that they know me more than I do... it really underlines the arrogance of some people.
Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
Yeah I thought it was weird that they were signaling to the left and noticed the dirt road that was coming up too. Still doesn't make sense that he moved over to the left lane, but who knows. They coulda just been a typical bad driver, not intentionally trying to block anyone.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
What if the car was avoiding something on the road ? As the guy said he was the 5th guy to pass. There was a video a while back of someone over taking a truck with little room and the truck moved in front of him but it also showed that there was a person in a hazzard vest on the side of the road making the truck move.

The most dangerous move that was made in the video was the stang pushing passed the car even though he was almost 100% on the other road.
See post 1326. The move was malicious, there was nothing in the road, which was completely clear of any cars in view, and for good measure this information was verified over the radio by the lead driver. This was not some blind curve. He also was not turning into a driveway, there was absolutely nothing but dirt, grass, rocks and pulloffs on both sides of the road for miles. Why would he turn left to pull off when there are numerous areas to pull off on the right? It certainly was not expected, and I learned a lesson here, but why would he put his own life at risk to "teach us a lesson"? Who does that? People with road rage, that's who. Common sense tells me to move off the right side of the road, grumble loudly about the assholes (and we all know there are many other packs of fast cars out in the middle of nowhere, not just mustangs) and move on, I have done it myself because I didn't feel like getting into an accident and/or possibly angering one of the drivers who may have dangerous road rage issues themselves. Problem was solved in seconds and I could resume my drive without stress

As far as the Mustang passing the car on the left vs the right, there was no time to make that decision, since the "insulted party" suddenly widened his sweep and picked up his pace of swerving over both lanes since the other cars passed. You can see he was already messing with the 4th car, drifting over the lanes. The uncut version shows more of this, we went back to check so we could verify racecarmike's statement.

Passing on a double line is wrong because it breaks the law - even with a clear view ahead on a straightaway, the poster is absolutely right. I totally get the formality 100%, was guilty of doing it and would deserve to be pulled over for this infraction without my bothering to attempt to justify the move. I am only human and think some laws are stupid. However, the driver attempting to teach us a lesson by swerving between both lanes was also wrong and in addition did not even care about his own life. And two wrongs don't make a right. The double line issue is not relevant here, the coast was clear in the opposite direction for quite a distance, there were very few people out and most decided to just pull off.

And anyone who says that they have never passed over the double lines for a slow moving vehicle on an almost completely deserted backroad (or maybe otherwise) is not telling the truth

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
As far as the Mustang passing the car on the left vs the right, there was no time to make that decision, since the "insulted party" suddenly widened his sweep and picked up his pace of swerving over both lanes since the other cars passed. You can see he was already messing with the 4th car, drifting over the lanes. The uncut version shows more of this, we went back to check so we could verify racecarmike's statement.
We were shown a cut version of what happend so unless there is more evidence this is what people will base their opinion and facts on. What people can see is what looks like a left turn, and the car simply braking and using his turn signal towards this dirt road on the left. While we also see the first Mustang not using his blinker to at least show the Focus they are going to make an illegal pass ( if you drive like this at least do it as safe as possible) and the 2nd Mustang that choose to keep pushing instead of braking.

That's what is to be expected on this thread when you post a video. It just sends the wrong message trying to show a video of someone suposedly doing something wrong or making an honest mistake while the person that posted the video either instigated the situation or made it worse.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
I know various responses are to be expected, I certainly don't expect everyone to be cheerleaders and I admitted to being wrong and illegally passing. But I would never try to pass a car if he was turning into a legit property with a road and/or any structures, these are all pullouts of many sizes and there is room to pull off the road on either side in general. I know that because I almost ended up in it. Also, as previously mentioned, he had already been acting erratically before I even got to him.

I will try to get a chance today to extend and post the clip

Sponsored

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
See post 1326. The move was malicious, there was nothing in the road, which was completely clear of any cars in view, and for good measure this information was verified over the radio by the lead driver. This was not some blind curve. He also was not turning into a driveway, there was absolutely nothing but dirt, grass, rocks and pulloffs on both sides of the road for miles.
i guess i watched a different video because there was clearly a dirt road where he was signaling

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
i guess i watched a different video because there was clearly a dirt road where he was signaling
That's possible but he could clearly see there was some cars behind him eager to pass. Seems prudent to yield rather than signaling for a sudden left turn onto a dirt road.

That said, I would have immediately slowed once that car blocked the lane, rather than continuing the pass. I would not want to have two wheels in the dirt at high speed, nor risk a side swipe / body damage. That Mustang is expensive with expensive mods. The other car not so much.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Just upload more of the video confirming your story so the social justice warriors will give it a rest.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
haha, i was gonna say, dont bother cuz the SJWs will find a way to still say they're right. but now with further context, you can clearly see he was just being a douche

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
All I care about is everyone and their property are ok.
Mistakes were made, we can move on.
Video still amazes me tho :p

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Watch the extended version. It is obvious the focus had ill intent.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
That driver in the Focus was a total dick. He's lucky you guys didn't wait for him down the road and stone him to death.
Who said they didn't?
Sponsored