New Hellcat in the House

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I love my GT350 and don't plan to ever sell it. That said, I've been looking at Hellcats. Chrysler is offering 599/month for 36 months with 12k per year and 2900 down.

For 599/month, I just had to have a Hellcat in my stable. The residual is like 45k so it will only be with me for 3 years.

It's also a manual. Not easy to find. The vast majority of 16's left are Automatics.

Here are a few crappy pictures.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mike02z

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
That's an extremely tempting deal.
I thought so. It is only good until 2/28. They are trying to clear all the 16's out as the 17's are in and the Demon will be coming. I will say the dealer I went to had a lot of 16's. At least 5 Hellcats on their lot. Only 2 with manuals. The one I got and a Mango with the Brass Monkey wheels and the matte black hood.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Congrats!
Awesome cars for sure. Beast. Enjoy it. :thumbsup:

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Congrats! If you had read up you could have gotten better with $0 down. There is a whole thread on leasehackr about it. I almost snagged one but went with a scat pack instead.

Awesome combo of cars though. GT350 and Hellcat!?

Sponsored

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
Congrats on the new Kitty!

I traded my GT for this one last week. Now waiting for my supercharger to explode lol.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Congrats on the new Kitty!
I traded my GT for this one last week. Now waiting for my supercharger to explode lol.
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Congrats man. Nice cars and FAST too.
Yeah,...the only thing holding my back from ordering a 2017 A8 GoMango Orange with black carbon fiber stripes and optional black wheels is the supercharger issue. :headbonk: :tsk:
(I was thinking 6M as well though. My Roush is a 6 speed manual. :thumbsup:)

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
How do you guys like your Hellcats?
A lot of guys on the svtperformance forum are switching over or would like to switch over to the Hellcats.

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
A lot of guys on the svtperformance forum are switching over or would like to switch over to the Hellcats.
From a DD perspective it is much better than the Mustang. I still think my GT looked "better" but the Chally has more road presence.

It is still cold out and I am scared to push the car on P-Zero's. It breaks loose at hway speeds with a touch to the pedal. So can't really comment on performance yet.

Would I own one given the issues? No way... I don't care if my SC blows up as long as they fixed it up since I am leasing. Going to enjoy it for 3 years and move on.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
From a DD perspective it is much better than the Mustang.
Can you explain? this is surprising, i would have thought that the Mustang would have been more streetable from a DD perspective.

Sponsored

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
Can you explain? this is surprising, i would have thought that the Mustang would have been more streetable from a DD perspective.
Extra interior space makes it a lot easier to live with the car. Seats are also amazing compared to the the GT premium trim seats. 8 speed auto is light years ahead of the transmission I had in my GT.

It also keeps the ricers away lol, instead of getting harassed like when I used to drive my Mustang on the hway I just get the thumbs up now.

OP
OP
Mike02z

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I'm very happy with mine. Just took it for a 7 hour drive from PA to NC yesterday and it was very comfortable. I drove it sanely (the majority of the time) and I was getting 17.8 MPG. I was expecting a little better but I was doing 80-85 the whole way. In the M6, it seems like it could use a 7th gear. At 80 in 6th is was turning 2300 RPM. If there was a 7th gear, I bet a could get 20+ MPG for long drives. I didn't lease this car for good gas mileage though so not a big deal.

I still love my GT350 but I find the tramlining requires much more attention while driving. That can be tough on a 7 hour drive.

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
I'm very happy with mine. Just took it for a 7 hour drive from PA to NC yesterday and it was very comfortable. I drove it sanely (the majority of the time) and I was getting 17.8 MPG. I was expecting a little better but I was doing 80-85 the whole way. In the M6, it seems like it could use a 7th gear. At 80 in 6th is was turning 2300 RPM. If there was a 7th gear, I bet a could get 20+ MPG for long drives. I didn't lease this car for good gas mileage though so not a big deal.

I still love my GT350 but I find the tramlining requires much more attention while driving. That can be tough on a 7 hour drive.
I was getting around 22 MPG on the hway at around 75mph. 8th gear helps but as you mentioned who cares about the mpg lol.

OP
OP
Mike02z

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I was getting around 22 MPG on the hway at around 75mph. 8th gear helps but as you mentioned who cares about the mpg lol.
Yup, you have an auto so it makes sense. Mine is an M6.

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
This special is still running. I was suuuuper tempted to grab either a Challenger or Charger hellcat this past weekend. There seems to be plenty floating around the NYC area right now.
Sponsored