Sad Day ....wrecked my new mustang :(

OP
OP

jacobgarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt Premium
I envision a MY 2018 Mustang in your future. ;)
Probably not as its declaired a total loss and I am terrified of what the insurance will be after this.... say hello to my new honda accord .....
Sponsored

WhiteEc0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
If you wasn't at fault you should be fine with insurance. That is unless you have State Farm and the person that hit you has no insurance! :headbonk:

JaxS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT PP
I hope for you this gets totaled. Looks like you are going to have frame damage with where/how it hit, you are leaking oil along with the coolant...coolant is mainly from radiator, but since there is oil, the engine is obviously effected and that along could be enough to total it out.

Hope you have Gap coverage!

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Also get gap on your next loan!!!

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
This car was the first one that I actually got the Gap insurance on. I needed cash to pay off some bills do to work changes, and when I sold the GT500 I got around 9K back to pay on high interest and financed the full sum of the GT, roughly $41K. I knew that immediately had I gotten into an accident I was going to come way out of pocket. I was actually able to get the gap insurance for free, thanks to a trucar.com promotion. Then I paid off a CC and reduced my monthly payments on the stable by $300.00 per month.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I work at a car dealership and you would be surprised how many folks dont know what gap is. when i explain the benefits of it alot them dont think that its worth while because they think an accident like this can't happen to them or they are just to cheap to get it! My gap even pays my insurance deductible if something should happen!

Last edited:

WhiteEc0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I work at a car dealership and you would be surprised how many folks dont know what gap is. when i explain the benefits of it alot them dont think that its worth while because they think an accident like this can happen to them or they are just to cheap to get it! My gap even pays my insurance deductible if something should happen!
I feel for them I always get gap life and disability insurance on all my loans.

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
I have never bought gap insurance but then again, I have always financed way less than what the car is worth right off the lot. If you get a crappy deal and/or don't have some type of down payment like cash or a trade-in, then you probably need gap insurance.

I personally don't buy a vehicle if I'm going to be upside down on it the moment I drive it off the lot.

Wayne

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Geez that is my favorite Challenger, the 392 Scat Pack Shaker, and pretty rare, kinda surprised a lady driving that was more interested in her phone than enjoying the driving experience, sorry for your loss and hope you are all ok over time.

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
Always get gap. I don't see why you wouldn't. The finance manager was trying to convince me to NOT get it. I've never heard of that. I almost walked because of that, actually.

Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Always get gap. I don't see why you wouldn't.
As others have said: it's not offered/doesn't make sense if you pay cash for your cars.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
As others have said: it's not offered/doesn't make sense if you pay cash for your cars.
yep. I put $10K down. Financed the rest for 5 years, not 6.

sspfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'90 ssp notch, '16 Gt/pp
Always get gap. I don't see why you wouldn't. The finance manager was trying to convince me to NOT get it. I've never heard of that. I almost walked because of that, actually.
You should NEVER get GAP. If you do then that means you're making a bad financial move because as others have stated, you should never be upside down on a $40k car....you should have bought a cheaper car.
Sponsored