Sponsored

Back up sensor making a different sound?

Eastpointer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Comp OJ 2015 Ecoboost
So this morning as I was backing up into my parking spot, the tone of the beeping noise my back up camera was making as I got closer to the curb was different then normal. It seemed to be a bit deeper. Does anyone know if this indicates something or is my beeper just malfunctioning?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 2015 Ecoboost Prem Pack for reference.
Sponsored

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
So this morning as I was backing up into my parking spot, the tone of the beeping noise my back up camera was making as I got closer to the curb was different then normal. It seemed to be a bit deeper. Does anyone know if this indicates something or is my beeper just malfunctioning?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 2015 Ecoboost Prem Pack for reference.
Mine did this once, but hasn't done it since. Maybe related but every once in a while when I start my car, the 3 quick duh dah duh chimes are louder and deeper with a hint of more midi sound. I just chalk it up to the numerous, but not repeatable electrical gremlins in the car.

OP
OP

Eastpointer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Comp OJ 2015 Ecoboost
Mine did this once, but hasn't done it since. Maybe related but every once in a while when I start my car, the 3 quick duh dah duh chimes are louder and deeper with a hint of more midi sound. I just chalk it up to the numerous, but not repeatable electrical gremlins in the car.
I hope your right. Little things like this drive me insane. When the pony light on my mirror got deformed I was extremely salty for a month

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Sometimes my chimes come from a mysterious speaker in the dash and usually they come from the stereo speakers. Seems to be when my stereo is off that I get some chimes from the dash location (and it's not the center speaker, I don't think).

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Sometimes my chimes come from a mysterious speaker in the dash and usually they come from the stereo speakers. Seems to be when my stereo is off that I get some chimes from the dash location (and it's not the center speaker, I don't think).
That might be what is happening. I never have the radio off, but maybe the chimes start before the radio gets power? I think it adds character to the car. Kind of like the analog gauge backlights taking about 1 minute to turn on sometimes.

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Yeah mine has done this randomly a few times and it drives me insane also. I just go into driver assist and re tick park assistance and it usually fixes it

rotisserie_gold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Roush Stage 3
I actually had this same issue, and found out what the deal was. For me the sound got louder and almost "PC speaker" sounding (like the onboard motherboard speaker or a really old Nintendo game). It also didn't play the sound directionally like usual per the side of oncoming traffic - just blasted it on one side. Well turns out that legally all cars need to have a fall back speaker should anything go wrong with the audio system, so it actually is something like a PC speaker like you would find on a motherboard. It's so any car related chime or warning will still play regardless of the state of your stereo. In my case (and probably yours) my Sync system glitched out when I turned on the car. I noted the screen turned off and on, and the general "on" bong went on a lot longer than usual. I then backed out and got the crappy backup chime. It persisted until I fully shut the car off. It has been fine ever since.
Sponsored