Supercharger Questions for a Daily Driver

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Appreciate all the input so far! I guess my eye is on the Whipple and Roush the most as it seems those are the most reputable and OEM like. So is it safe to say I'm okay with any of these on a stock Mustang GT for the long term?

To those who questioned, I do have BMR SP080 springs installed as well as 285/35/20 square Michelin PSS already. Thanks!
If you narrowed your decision to these 2 then Whipple is your best option, more power and a way more advanced and reliable tune.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
If you narrowed your decision to these 2 then Whipple is your best option, power power and a way more advanced and reliable tune.
What make you say "more reliable" as last time I had a tour in Dearborn with SVTOA, Roush people were literally working in the same building/or next to Ford people. They have a VERY close relationship so I'd be betting on Roush for reliability.

Now power-wise, different story I'm sure, but the 2 (reliability/power) don't necessarily go hand-in-hand.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Every kit out there by the major guys i would consider reliable.

Paxton, Vortech, Procharger, Whipple, Hellion, VMP, Roush.

hit us up with any questions you have, we'll get you dialed in

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
What make you say "more reliable" as last time I had a tour in Dearborn with SVTOA, Roush people were literally working in the same building/or next to Ford people. They have a VERY close relationship so I'd be betting on Roush for reliability.

Now power-wise, different story I'm sure, but the 2 (reliability/power) don't necessarily go hand-in-hand.

The tunes for both are done by the same Ford Engineer, but Whipple had them spend alot more time developing theirs. Alot more safety features built into Whipple's calibration. Do a search on here and you will learn more.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
The tunes for both are done by the same Ford Engineer, but Whipple had them spend alot more time developing theirs. Alot more safety features built into Whipple's calibration. Do a search on here and you will learn more.
This is true, and Whipple has done extensive durability testing as well. It doesn't get better for safety and power than the Whipple calibration.

Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
think depends on power level too.. i feel if you can get a 670HP roush charger with a 5 year warranty on a mustang it cant be unreliable now can it

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Hello guys, couple questions about superchargers. Now that many are out and have been tried and tested by many users, what is the best and most reliable supercharger for a daily driver. As in, which package is purchasable without having to upgrade anything on a stock car?

For just a regular guy looking for more power, the car will never be raced or on a track. Thanks for any input!
This question has MANY answers, the real question is what you are looking to spend on one. Our Windstorm S/C kit, Whipple, KB, etc etc.
We can go anywhere from our Windstorm kit installed for $5500 that give you mid to high 500's in wheel horsepower. That is also available in a tuner kit as well. On the high end we have some install packages approaching $12k that will get you near or above 700rwhp.
It all depends on what you are looking for, for reliability and bang for the buck we do recommend our Windstorm Stage 2T install package though.
ex_q90_w680_h_images_ePIM_original_006.jpg

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
This question has MANY answers, the real question is what you are looking to spend on one. Our Windstorm S/C kit, Whipple, KB, etc etc.
We can go anywhere from our Windstorm kit installed for $5500 that give you mid to high 500's in wheel horsepower. That is also available in a tuner kit as well. On the high end we have some install packages approaching $12k that will get you near or above 700rwhp.
It all depends on what you are looking for, for reliability and bang for the buck we do recommend our Windstorm Stage 2T install package though.
$5500 installed? Wow. Cheap horsepower right there. Do you all upgrade the OPG and lower crank sprocket for an additional charge?

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
$5500 installed? Wow. Cheap horsepower right there. Do you all upgrade the OPG and lower crank sprocket for an additional charge?
Yes we can. If you'd like a detailed estimate feel free to contact us via PM or give us a call and we can get the appropriate info to get that done!

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Is the made by Magnuson?

Sponsored

Azmike

9's are easy!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Paxton easy to install and great daily driver

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Yes we can. If you'd like a detailed estimate feel free to contact us via PM or give us a call and we can get the appropriate info to get that done!
If you were on this side of the Mississippi, I would so be calling you all. Gotta say, it is definitely one of those :kickrock: moments for me realizing how far away you are.

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
I believe it's a Magnuson MP2300. (Livernois)
OP, it also depends on where you want your torque to fall. On a daily driver, the TVS/Whipple style are gonna hit hard right away. The centrifugals are a more progressive build of power, so not as instantly rewarding, but still insanely fast.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I believe it's a Magnuson MP2300. (Livernois)
OP, it also depends on where you want your torque to fall. On a daily driver, the TVS/Whipple style are gonna hit hard right away. The centrifugals are a more progressive build of power, so not as instantly rewarding, but still insanely fast.
This "hard hit" isn't really as drastic as most assume.

After overlaying a couple roots/screw/centrifugal graphs over each other. ;)
Using the same car, and same dyno, and same fuel.
You might be pleasantly surprised.

When cars had 9.5:1 compression motors I would agree with you.
But when your talking 11:1 and higher these days, can't shove much boost in them, at low pistons speeds, without reducing a LOT of timing.

Here is an example of just that...
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1664104&postcount=256

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
Hard hit was probably the wrong choice of words, but the torque comes on very early feeling wise with the PD's.
Sponsored