Sponsored

Official Square Setup Picture / Specs / Handling Characteristics Thread

Squints2See

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Ok... So I keep trying to force myself to like the look of a 275/35 on a 20x10 et40 and cannot do it, lol. If I sacrifice the ability to "air out", am I still going to be able to lower it enough that the top of the rim starts to tuck inside the fender?

A good amount brotha, the main thing is when you air out for it to not catch the inner fender brotha.
Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey

Squints2See

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
I think as long as I can still get a pretty tucked look, I will sacrifice a little clearance to get a little more bubble in the tire. Thanks Paul!

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
I think as long as I can still get a pretty tucked look, I will sacrifice a little clearance to get a little more bubble in the tire. Thanks Paul!
np brotha

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Need your help guys. I'm planning on getting 19"s soon to replace my stock 18"s. I'd prefer a squared setup mainly so I can rotate them for better tire wear. I'd be adding the FRPP street suspension package at the same time, which will be a 1" drop all around. I'm aiming for it to handle as well or better than the OEM PP.

Would 19x9.5" squared with 275/40R19 be ideal?

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
Need your help guys. I'm planning on getting 19"s soon to replace my stock 18"s. I'd prefer a squared setup mainly so I can rotate them for better tire wear. I'd be adding the FRPP street suspension package at the same time, which will be a 1" drop all around. I'm aiming for it to handle as well or better than the OEM PP.

That sizing is fine, you can even do a 19x10 and as wide as 285/35/19 all around

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
That sizing is fine, you can even do a 19x10 and as wide as 285/35/19 all around
I am running a 19x10 square on 285/35/19 Continental Extremes. Lowered on BMR Springs w/FRP Track Shocks/Struts.
SmartSelectImage_2016-10-02-19-42-23.png

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
nc
I am running a 19x10 square on 285/35/19 Continental Extremes. Lowered on BMR Springs w/FRP Track Shocks/Struts.
You forgot with that deep concave all around.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
My choice of MPSS should be a good dual purpose tire to last me a season.
Do yourself a favor and run up a few hundred easy to moderate street miles before hitting the track.

10" would be better still, as you're still gaining in terms of steering response and precision. Even that leaves a lot of room against the max-recommended wheel width for a 275/40. How serious are you?

Norm

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Do yourself a favor and run up a few hundred easy to moderate street miles before hitting the track.
Norm
Thanks Norm. I am a cually picking up some slightly used (but still production tread depth) Bridgestone RE-11's.

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
What about 20x10 in either MMD, Sporza or RTR 285/35/20? will it worked squared w/o spacers?
You will need to check with them to make sure but yes I dont forsee a issue.

Squints2See

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Hi Paul,

A related question to my post about tire sizes with airbags.

So now I now if I go 275/35 I can air out. If I go 285 I can still tuck but not lay frame. I also am not keen on the wheels looking to inset. I prefer them to look as close to the fender as possible, while still maintaining a deep tuck. I figured this would involve a small spacer to push out the front wheel a tad since the rim will be a 20x10 ET42. And as mentioned previously, I prefer a little sidewall protection for the rim that the 285 would offer me. Lastly, you mentioned with airing out, the thing you have to watch out for is catching the inner fender. With all that being said:

If I go with 285's, would I/could I still use a spacer in the front (or would I even need one with the 285), or will I have to sacrifice drop in order to be closer to flush with the outer fender?

If I go with 275's, same question I guess, lol.

Thanks bud.

np brotha

vogtaction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium ecoboost auto mustang
Hi Paul,

So now I now if I go 275/35 I can air out. If I go 285 I can still tuck but not lay frame. I also am not keen on the wheels looking to inset. I prefer them to look as close to the fender as possible, while still maintaining a deep tuck. I figured this would involve a small spacer to push out the front wheel a tad since the rim will be a 20x10 ET42. And as mentioned previously, I prefer a little sidewall protection for the rim that the 285 would offer me. Lastly, you mentioned with airing out, the thing you have to watch out for is catching the inner fender. With all that being said:

If I go with 285's, would I/could I still use a spacer in the front (or would I even need one with the 285), or will I have to sacrifice drop in order to be closer to flush with the outer fender?

Thanks bud.
Im running 295/30/20 squared with 20x10 +45mm offset. The rears sit flush with no spacers. I'm dropped 1in in back and 1.25 up front. The fronts sit just a hair in but I used a 1/4 spacer just for a little more. Any bigger spacer than that and you dont have enough thread for your lugs (at least on my wheels) If you have +42 offset it should be perfect, the backs might come out just a hair more though. if you are lowered and havent adjusted your camber it will tuck up top anyway. I was able to adjust camber back to stock and still no issues.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
Hi Paul,

Thanks bud.
So the wheels are a 20x10 Et 42, you can easily spacer them out ( max 5 mm spacer), the 285 would probably catch the inner fender a tad bit more the the 275 brotha.
Sponsored