Sponsored

MyColor on non-Premium? Hack/flash/reprogram?

boosted4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I haven't followed this whole thread. What did you have to buy to get it to work? You have a base interior Mustang? Looks great!
Just a premium cluster. I don't remember the part number. They posted pictures of the cluster in the vehicle prior to buying it and showed the interior. I knew since it had the navigation and leather seats it had to be a premium car.
Sponsored

boosted4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Oh and btw it also has the digital boost and oil pressure gauges built in too! Great for my supercharger.

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Ok nice. I'll keep an eye out for one. It does seem MT ones are more expensive on eBay. I'll have to find one with right around same mileage as mine. I only put about 3500 miles in a year so need to find a low mileage one.

boosted4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
In my case i could only find a 3k one

My car has 45k miles lol
Same here, got a 6k mile cluster and my car has 26k I took a picture of both that way I could keep track. if I ever trade it in ill have it changed before hand to the correct mileage, but I plan on keeping it for quite awhile.

Sponsored

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
No, just use a simple plastic trim tool to remove the trim pieces, and 7 mm socket. I can send you the workshop manual to remove it just pm your cell or email. And the screen was actually a raxiom unit.
What part number did you use?

boosted4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
So you used the Auto cluster and swapped out where your shift indicator is then?
I don't remember the exact part number. like I said above I ordered it on ebay and they had pictures of it installed on the car. Had leather seats and the factory touch screen radio. it was also a manual. they did not have they part number listed. I also didn't even check when I installed it. .

nvm the listing is showing fr33-10489-gc thru gh

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
I called a few dealerships and they want $310 to reprogram the cluster to the correct mileage...

Sponsored

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Interesting, wonder how they'll be able to determine the correct mileage...before or after install. The correct mileage probably in the system somewhere...one would think if swapping clusters, the PCM stores the mileage info and updates the new cluster. :shrug:

As for me, I went ahead and bought the cluster with 12k on eBay. I'll be installing it just to test and make sure it works properly. I'll uninstall it until I get to 12k (it'll be a while) unless someone figures out how to program for the correct mileage without visiting the dealership.
Both clusters are required. They need the to take the current mileage from the old cluster and transfer that to the new cluster.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Ouch. The cost of having a legitimate odometer swap vs. potentially having to mark a ODO discrepancy on the title (in an honest world).

So, this is what I've come up with. I could most definitely could be wrong.

Base 2.3L or 5.0L AT = AC - AE
Base 2.3L or 5.0L MT = CC - CH

Premium 2.3L or 5.0L AT = EC - EH
Premium 2.3L or 5.0L MT = GC - GH

The part numbers between the 2.3 and 5.0 appear to be interchangeable.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Interesting, wonder how they'll be able to determine the correct mileage...before or after install. The correct mileage probably in the system somewhere...one would think if swapping clusters, the PCM stores the mileage info and updates the new cluster. :shrug:

As for me, I went ahead and bought the cluster with 12k on eBay. I'll be installing it just to test and make sure it works properly. I'll uninstall it until I get to 12k (it'll be a while) unless someone figures out how to program for the correct mileage without visiting the dealership.
Going this route, I'd take video and pictures of the ODO before and after. This would be physical proof that the mileage was the same. There's no such thing as over-documenting something like this.

livvyshae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Damnnnn....I want to do this now on my base car but is it really worth messing with the miles lol

X0AYHAM0X

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
Guys again for the ODO, the guy I went to is in Dubai and he had the knowledge and tools to do it - so I'm pretty sure your can find someone who can do it there, and it cost me $60 only!

I'm sure you can find a guy there somewhere you just need to look.
Sponsored