Sponsored

Need Advice Regarding Display/Leather (Turning Non Premium Into Premium)

jvivlemore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang (Metallic Grey)
Hi Everyone,

It's been months since I was on the site but have a question for everyone. I bought a 2015 Mustang with the smaller display (Non Premium Model). I instantly regretting that decision 1-2 months after buying the car so started looking at interior upgrades here (the TomTop Unit and another if I recall). I was going to potentially do that along with installing leather. I've seen Sync 3 and love the Apple Carplay addition to it. Is is possible to do this with the Sync 3 by buying the display and a premium bezel and finding an audio installation place to do the work for me? There are no dash kits for this yet right?

I could wait until May or so in 2017 and just trade out and take the $2-3 Grand i'm guessing it would cost to do this and not only get a new car with those upgrades but everything else that's on a premium or keep what i've invested into the payments thus far and upgrade over the next few months.

Torn on what I should do? Any advice?
Sponsored

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
I also have a base GT and and kinda wish I spent the extras $4k for premium, but I do like my super low payment and 0% so I'm keeping it for the long run. I'm converting my interior into a premium like interior. Carplay isn't a deal breaker for me so I ordered the Singegrate 8" screen. You can do a full OEM 8" swap with Sync3 but it's going to be super pricey at $1800 + $400 for nav plus you don't get premium sound or true dual climate control. The Tomtop unit can be had for like $300-400 but it's kind of...cheap. Here is the breakdown of my conversion.

$650 Sintegrate 8" Nav
$600 Katzskins red leather
$250 oem brushed aluminum dash trim pieces
$100 oem illuminated door sills
$100 oem sport pedals
$ 50 oem homelink visor

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
$ 50 oem homelink visor
That $50 is a bit optimistic. Everywhere I've looked, it's more like $350-400; which is an awful lot for what it is.

Sponsored

TheDoctor66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP Name: Sylvanas
I opted for premium from the get go and then waffled on the 401a package. I am glad I did both. And Sync 3 is not that cool so far, cant change the background picture. If you need interior pics happy to provide.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
You gotta become an eBay sniper to get a homelink sunvisor. I got mine for $80. I was getting eBay constantly and it took about 3 weeks. I also got a spare passenger sunvisor with it.

If you plan on getting the $800 raxiom unit, I'd suggest saving and getting a MFT or Sync3 unit. The Moddiction unit is at least a bit more reasonable for $600 (when they go back on sale). Then there's the android units that are trickling in. The TomTop is definitely a good value for the price.

Leather take off's are around $375-400 on eBay. I've been eyeing them up myself. Might be a winter project while my car hibernates.

You can find trim for sale from time to time. Someone may even want the base faux carbon fiber trim. Might get lucky at a meetup and find someone who wants to swap.
Sponsored