Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Triple Yellow
SUCKS!!!

Hello,

I'm the OP on this thread and, if you read my first post, I created it to check the veracity of something my dealer told me. Unfortunately today I found out that after more than six months of waiting with a $5,000 deposit down on a $10K over MSRP deal, I have no order. My dealer was informed they did not have an R-Model allocation. I'm so furious I can't really gather my thoughts to speak intelligently right now but I can't believe this really happened.
Wow that totally sucks I feel bad for you bro. :mad:

I have ordered cars in the past that the dealer never delivered on :frusty:

Sorry for your brain and heart. :doh:
Sponsored

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
OP sorry to hear about the no order on the R. That really sucks.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
What did the dealer have to say for themselves? And what're they going to do about it?

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
It would only make sense for production to end with enough time to ship them out before the shutdown, FPCV8YO. However, things can happen and I don’t work at the plant, so I can’t guarantee it will or won’t happen.

Deysha

[MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION], my R has been Awaiting Shipment since the 4th. Temps will be below freezing in Flat Rock this weekend. Can you offer assistance?

Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
[MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION], my R has been Awaiting Shipment since the 4th. Temps will be below freezing in Flat Rock this weekend. Can you offer assistance?
It was released from the plant on 11/4/16, but it was not put out to await shipment yet, FPCV8YO. It may have not made the cut. Please remember, the production of the GT350 and GT350R will be suspended from mid-November through mid-March 2017. We won’t build or ship in the winter months to protect the cars.

Deysha

Last edited:

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
It was released from the plant on 11/4/16, but it was not put out to await shipment yet, FPCV8YO. It may have not made the cut. Please remember, the production of the GT350 and GT350R will be suspended from mid-November through mid-March 2017. We won’t build or ship in the winter months to protect the cars.

Deysha
[MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION], how can I get more specific information about what is wrong with my car? The production shut down doesn't effect me since it obviously has already been produced. What is wrong, how it's going to be fixed and when it will be shipped are my concerns.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
FPCV8YO- what do you assume something is wrong with your car? FordService never said that.

Ford will not SHIP any cars (GT350s) during the winters- tires can crack. They try to guess the weather and stop building and ship before "winter' sets in. But some can, and I believe last year some did, get built but winter arrived a bit early and the cars did not get shipped until spring. (although I though Ford's original announcement on this related only to the R's and their softer compound tires).

Maybe Ford extended the winter ban to both classes this year- would also give them a chance to catch up on oil hose supplies for the recall.

I can't read the mind of Deysha at FordService but I suspect that was what she was referring to in the car being released from the plant but not put out for shipping aka not making the cut.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
FPCV8YO- what do you assume something is wrong with your car? FordService never said that.

Ford will not SHIP any cars (GT350s) during the winters- tires can crack. They try to guess the weather and stop building and ship before "winter' sets in. But some can, and I believe last year some did, get built but winter arrived a bit early and the cars did not get shipped until spring. (although I though Ford's original announcement on this related only to the R's and their softer compound tires).

Maybe Ford extended the winter ban to both classes this year- would also give them a chance to catch up on oil hose supplies for the recall.

I can't read the mind of Deysha at FordService but I suspect that was what she was referring to in the car being released from the plant but not put out for shipping aka not making the cut.
Because it's been completed since 11/04 and since another R that was completed on 11/09 got put on a train to a dealer not 15 miles from my dealer on 11/11. Another member's R that was also built after mine is on a train as well. Often, 2+2=4.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

If they built it, they should ship it. As far as I know all of the complete cars sit outside once complete (ie very cold). I cant imagine ford having a heated indoor storage facility for cars to be stored for 4 months, but perhaps I am wrong

Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
If they built it, they should ship it. As far as I know all of the complete cars sit outside once complete (ie very cold). I cant imagine ford having a heated indoor storage facility for cars to be stored for 4 months, but perhaps I am wrong
Unfortunately, you are correct. Remember back to [MENTION=19530]Voodooo[/MENTION]'s pics from Flat Rock last year. I believe someone also posted satellite pics as well.

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
Ford's shipping strategy does not follow first in first out methodology. My R was shipped nearly 5 weeks after it was released from the plant. Whilst numerous other owners recieved their cars. You know I'm rooting for you FPC. I hope they get it out ASAP.

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Soooo for those of us who are waiting for our GT350 (not R) orders to be scheduled, we'll be waiting till at least March as Ford will not be producing any between now and then?

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
My Estimated Delivery has now been pushed out to 12/13. My main concern is Deysha's statement that my car has not been put out to await shipment yet because it may not have made the cut. That's concerning. My secondary concern is that my car will not be protected from the cold as Ford intended because it's still in Flat Rock where below freezing temps are expected this weekend. I'm sure that below freezing temps will continue on during the wait and during transit as well.