Sponsored

Who has taken delivery of a 17 GT350R?

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
I own a 2016 R model in exactly the same combination with only 160 miles on it and will sell for $20,000 less.
But your R has a spoiler!!! :lol: (see listing on EBay).
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
But your R has a spoiler!!! :lol: (see listing on EBay).
Great catch and didn't even notice the rear carbon fiber spoiler missing let alone the chin spoiler also missing!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Also I'd like to know where the dealership got it's information about only 5 base 920A cars total built for the 2016MY?

It is my understanding that there were ~54 were built for the U.S., Canada and Mexico markets for the 2016MY.

My car is 1 of 9 base cars built for the Canadian market and based on conversations with Ford the only one built in Shadow Black with Black OTT stripes therefore a 1 of 1.

:cheers:
DSCF1672.jpg

geb78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I ordered my R in August of 2015 and didn't receive mine until June 2016 GR414. I had little to no information from my dealer and regional rep other than confirming that they do have an allocation. There is a little bit of a leap of faith with this process. I would encourage you to speak with or get a confirmation email from the regional rep stating that your dealer has an allocation. Throughout the process the only thing I learned was that your dealer will get about a 1 month heads up that the order is getting pulled and to finalize things etc. I was never told what month or what quarter the order would be pulled.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I like the look of the R without the spoiler........to each his own.

Sponsored

BadKarma!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350R (HR815) + 23' Rivian R1S
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking for a 2016 or 2017 "R" with a reasonable ADM.. Please PM with any leads.

Thanks,

Mike

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thank you all for the replies. While I really do think the guy is full of it - and I want to call the Sales Manager or Dealership owner - I want to do so armed with facts and so far no one has posted here that they have taken delivery of a 2017 GT350R in the Northeast of the US...there has to be someone (or hopefully lots of people.)

BTW - how do you know that it's 242 cars in 2017 MY? Is that a published statistic?

Thank you guys,

DM
Hi Joe, I am new to the site. Ordered R 1-month ago in Texas. Unfortunately, not able to receive order confirmation and status.
Please let me know the dealer with available the R's.
Thank you, Bill
Let’s check on your orders, guys. Please, PM me with your dealer’s name and order number.

Also, just a heads up, the production of the GT350 and GT350R will be suspended from mid-November through mid-March 2017. We won’t build or ship in the winter months to protect the cars.

Deysha

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Let’s check on your orders, guys. Please, PM me with your dealer’s name and order number.

Also, just a heads up, the production of the GT350 and GT350R will be suspended from mid-November through mid-March 2017. We won’t build or ship in the winter months to protect the cars.

Deysha
Will all of the ones produced prior to the shutdown get shipped? I don't understand the logic of producing them only to let them sit out in the open in MI for "protection".

Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Will all of the ones produced prior to the shutdown get shipped? I don't understand the logic of producing them only to let them sit out in the open in MI for "protection".
It would only make sense for production to end with enough time to ship them out before the shutdown, FPCV8YO. However, things can happen and I don’t work at the plant, so I can’t guarantee it will or won’t happen.

Deysha

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
Great catch and didn't even notice the rear carbon fiber spoiler missing let alone the chin spoiler also missing!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Also I'd like to know where the dealership got it's information about only 5 base 920A cars total built for the 2016MY?

It is my understanding that there were ~54 were built for the U.S., Canada and Mexico markets for the 2016MY.

My car is 1 of 9 base cars built for the Canadian market and based on conversations with Ford the only one built in Shadow Black with Black OTT stripes therefore a 1 of 1.

:cheers:
That is consistent with my understanding of the base R numbers for '16.
My AG w/ black stripes / no black roof is also, apparently a 1 of 1.

OP
OP

Macstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500
Hello,

I'm the OP on this thread and, if you read my first post, I created it to check the veracity of something my dealer told me. Unfortunately today I found out that after more than six months of waiting with a $5,000 deposit down on a $10K over MSRP deal, I have no order. My dealer was informed they did not have an R-Model allocation. I'm so furious I can't really gather my thoughts to speak intelligently right now but I can't believe this really happened.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Hello,

I'm the OP on this thread and, if you read my first post, I created it to check the veracity of something my dealer told me. Unfortunately today I found out that after more than six months of waiting with a $5,000 deposit down on a $10K over MSRP deal, I have no order. My dealer was informed they did not have an R-Model allocation. I'm so furious I can't really gather my thoughts to speak intelligently right now but I can't believe this really happened.
:eyebulge::paddle:
Sponsored