goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
What the hell was that "bong" noise?
That's the Thinkware, it "bongs" when you leave the lane.
The bong can be silenced from the settings
But i think its a good thing to have, if you are doing long drives, and at night when you might be tired. All Lorry drivers should have it fitted in the cab
Sponsored

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Just noticed its raining outside. Extra care required with the right foot on my way home!!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Just noticed its raining outside. Extra care required with the right foot on my way home!!
Yep.
Though the difference between last year driving to and from work in around 5c temps on wet roads is night and day. The Michelin not only grips more but when it does finally decide to let go its more progressive but even better you actually know when its about to happen so its not quite a shock. In comparison the Pzero's were just like throwing the towel in. :D

Still be careful, the better tyres help, but end of the day its all down to the pilot.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yep.
Though the difference between last year driving to and from work in around 5c temps on wet roads is night and day. The Michelin not only grips more but when it does finally decide to let go its more progressive but even better you actually know when its about to happen so its not quite a shock. In comparison the Pzero's were just like throwing the towel in. :D

Still be careful, the better tyres help, but end of the day its all down to the pilot.
Hey i went rear out last night; granted, kept the power down and it straightened, went over a manhole and it was pissing it down. wet mode went straight on after that :lol:

Guy behind me pulled up next to me at the roundabout and said 'Nice drift' It was totally unintentional!

Note to self, wet mode when raining now.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Yep.

Yes, I know what you mean. I can almost anticipate it with the MPSS tyres, you feel like they are working with you. Not so with the P Zeros.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Yes, I know what you mean. I can almost anticipate it with the MPSS tyres, you feel like they are working with you. Not so with the P Zeros.
Aye.

You know I love messing, so I tried yobbo mode yesterday, wet mode on and just hoofing the car off roundabouts and pushing on. With the full expectation of catching some slides, yet now wet mode, MPSS and a little know what to do and the car really stays in check, you can really progress and the wet mode keeps the car right in check just like DSC does when on. Not advising others try this but if your smooth then wet mode will actually work with you to progress quite quickly in the wet. Alternatively get a few drifting days booked. :D

In normal mode on the MPSS the car can still intervene too late if you make a mistake under power and coming off power, so I think people still really need to be careful as in normal mode it is quite easy to throw the car of the black stuff if your not as experienced behind the wheel or have a lack of concentration.

Like Manders says unless your a very skilled, keep it in wet mode on cold/wet damp roads to stay in check and you should be safe. It works well only issue is the horrible throttle response, be nice to keep race mode throttle response but with the DSC in wet mode.

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
That's the Thinkware, it "bongs" when you leave the lane.
The bong can be silenced from the settings
But i think its a good thing to have, if you are doing long drives, and at night when you might be tired. All Lorry drivers should have it fitted in the cab
Where I work all our Volvos are fitted with it ,it bongs when you go over line if you haven't used indicator and also a noise goes of if you indicate left and some one is in your blindspot

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Hey i went rear out last night; granted, kept the power down and it straightened, went over a manhole and it was pissing it down. wet mode went straight on after that :lol:

Guy behind me pulled up next to me at the roundabout and said 'Nice drift' It was totally unintentional!

I think you were caught on cctv...

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)

When we had the flooding a few months back, and the car was driving though flooded roads and it was bucketing down
I just had the normal driving on, have never used wet mode, does it make much of a difference?

Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
When we had the flooding a few months back, and the car was driving though flooded roads and it was bucketing down
I just had the normal driving on, have never used wet mode, does it make much of a difference?
Wet mode makes a *huge* difference.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
I don't have my car yet so I have a question:

When you set the driving mode does stop in that mode after you switched off the car and restart or does it revert to a default setting?

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
I don't have my car yet so I have a question:

When you set the driving mode does stop in that mode after you switched off the car and restart or does it revert to a default setting?
It reverts to normal.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Wet mode makes a *huge* difference.
OK thanks, so is it advisable over winter to keep her on wet mode? Leave the S and the paddles for the summer?
It's crazy really I felt much more safer driving a 9 year old S197. :frusty:
Sponsored