Sponsored

New Top Gear ... Look what features a lot

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
This confirms what I already thought - I'm going to hate it!

Lots of US stuff making an appearance though.

ied0135

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB EB PP MT
What's to hate about it already? The presenters aren't the same but the platform still looks the same and entertaining. It won't be the same humor that the 3 guys have had and it will never be like the original Top Gear. You can't hate it just because of that. Remember this whole change was Clarkson's fault... that being said, I don't care much for Chris Evans just because of all the BS that has already come up with him, but I've also never heard of the guy before this so I'm giving him a shot. Again, Clarkson isn't exactly a model guy either.

Now, we have a possibility of getting two great shows competing against each other to get...more great seasons.

I'm excited to watch both and then determine what sucks and what doesn't. It's just TOO DAMN FAR AWAY.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Agreed. Can't complain as now have two shows

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
What's to hate about it already? The presenters aren't the same but the platform still looks the same and entertaining. It won't be the same humor that the 3 guys have had and it will never be like the original Top Gear. You can't hate it just because of that. Remember this whole change was Clarkson's fault... that being said, I don't care much for Chris Evans just because of all the BS that has already come up with him, but I've also never heard of the guy before this so I'm giving him a shot. Again, Clarkson isn't exactly a model guy either.

Now, we have a possibility of getting two great shows competing against each other to get...more great seasons.

I'm excited to watch both and then determine what sucks and what doesn't. It's just TOO DAMN FAR AWAY.
I agree. If you forget the Clarkson/May/Hammond era; I remember Top Gear when it was presented by William Woollard and Angela Rippon. We'll still have Clarkson/May/Hammond on Amazon and a brand new show that we'll all be looking forward to if it wasn't called Top Gear. BTW, if you don't like it, don't watch it.

There's a lot of good about Chris Evans that isn't public and he doesn't make a deal out of.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Know what I think? I'm betting that the Amazon Clarkson/May/Hammond show fails and within 2-years Clarkson and May retire and Hammond (hopefully) disappears. I just have that feeling that the Amazon show won't make it... happy to be shown I'm wrong, though.

Col3371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Ruby Red GT
Looks fun. If it's fun to watch then what the hell. Better than all the crap that my Mrs & Daughters watch..... :D

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Know what I think? I'm betting that the Amazon Clarkson/May/Hammond show fails and within 2-years Clarkson and May retire and Hammond (hopefully) disappears. I just have that feeling that the Amazon show won't make it... happy to be shown I'm wrong, though.
Amazon need to push prime a bit more.

I'm a prime member but Only for the 1 day delivery. Have never watched anything on prime instant video. So it's a bit of a bonus for me to be able to watch it when it airs.

Don't know if it's changed but you can't pay for prime monthly. It's ÂŁ80 a year paid upfront (unless that's changed?)

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
A little tip:

You can embed a Youtube video with the [ u2b ] and [ /u2b ] tags.

Inbetween goes only the Youtube clip code, so cut the https://youtu.be/ part off

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
I originally hated the US Top Gear, because I was comparing it to the original.

When I stopped thinking Tanner Faust was no Jeremy Clarkson, and watched the presenters for who they were, that show got super entertaining.

Also, the show itself stopped trying to be Top Gear UK and ditched the studio audience. That helped.

It is all about content. If the get nice cars on TV and help me learn. I will watch. James may has gone on record saying their new show will not be Top Gear UK redeux. They are only doing "films".

Sponsored

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd

4 Shows.

1. Amazon Clarkson, May, Hammond
  2. 5th Gear
  3. Top Gear UK
  4. Top Gear US

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
I'm looking forward to the new show, Sunday night institution IMO :)

ied0135

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB EB PP MT
4 Shows.

1. Amazon Clarkson, May, Hammond
  2. 5th Gear
  3. Top Gear UK
  4. Top Gear US
True. I like many haven't been able to get into Top Gear US for some reason. Watched the whole first 2 seasons. 5th Gear I honestly keep forgetting about. I haven't given it a chance.
Sponsored