Sponsored

GT350 IM is awesome!

mnmike59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
1-7/8 is what you want on this engine. This is a heavy breathing engine not a normal 2valve.
1-7/8 shows no loss in tq or hp but shows slight gains over the smaller.
Is there data backing that? I'd love to see it.:cheers:
Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
How much hp would headers add? Real numbers to the wheel?

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Autonation hooked me up, GT 350 IM, GT 350 TB, GT 350 CAI and the bolts for throttlebody all for $1250 :)
Hey, that's a pretty good price for all that. Glad you got hooked up.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Is there data backing that? I'd love to see it.:cheers:
I'd like to see if there's a difference, myself. Mine are 1-7/8", but I didn't buy them because of the size. They were a good price so I scooped 'em up. I would've bought either size, really.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I'm happy to report that mine is finally back together... Yay!

Just fluids, some minor suspension work, and installation of my repaired DSS shaft to knock out before the initial crank. Hopefully she'll play nice with the OE PCM... If not, an AEM stand alone will be on the way, shortly.

Our new Mustang dyno is on the way, so I'm expecting slightly lower numbers than we'd see on our old DynoCom. Somewhere in the 530 range is what we're hoping for. Should be plenty of power to get this car licking tens on hoosiers.
:love::love::love::love:

Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
How much hp would headers add? Real numbers to the wheel?
Anywhere from 30-60 whp, depending on cams and induction setup. Possibly more if running forced induction or nitrous.

On stock manifold with a drop in, I saw slightly over 30 hp increase. When I added a cj and injectors to the mix, I picked up close to 75 whp.

IMO, IM and headers go hand in hand. Doesn't make much sense to do one without the other.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
IMO, IM and headers go hand in hand. Doesn't make much sense to do one without the other.[/QUOTE]

You got it. I did mine both at the same time.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
IMO, IM and headers go hand in hand. Doesn't make much sense to do one without the other.
You got it. I did mine both at the same time.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying they need to be done at the same time, but you should plan on doing both. Also, I'd advise headers before IM for best step by step results.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
You got it. I did mine both at the same time.
I'm not saying they need to be done at the same time, but you should plan on doing both. Also, I'd advise headers before IM for best step by step results.[/QUOTE]

Yep, understood. For me, I wanted to get it done and over with. I figured while I got sh*t apart, now's the time to do it. But admittedly, it would've been nice to dyno after one was installed to see the individual results.

Sponsored

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
I have to say this. Right now I am not too happy with the SP headers I have installed. I made 454whp with cat deletes and added the headers (1 7/8 SP's) along with a PMAS intake (had JLT) and the gt350 TB. Same dyno and lost 1whp and 6wtq. I did 3 dyno pulls and checked the logs. AFR was .86 and timing was 31* with zero positive knock. This was with Lund doing the tuning for both setups on e85. Went to Rev Auto and got a dyno tune and only made 442whp on that dyno (both dyno jet). I would have expected at least 5-10whp gain and made nothing. I am going to do another dyno session on the first dyno to compare tunes on the same dyno just in case Rev's reads lower but so far I am pretty discouraged about my purchases. I spent quite a bit for no improvement. I am starting to believe the hype around the ARH and Kooks headers. Rev's tuner Adam said that the ARH and Kooks definitely make more power due to a better design with the tubes coming into the collector in the correct firing order for better scavenging affect. I know of another member here with an almost identical setup to mine except he has ARH headers and he made 450+ on Rev's dyno on 93. I just can't believe I added headers, a supposedly superior intake and the gt350 tb and gained zero on 2 different dynos with 2 tuners. I also inspected the dyno graphs to look under the curve and still found zero gains. I think aside from a better header design I am just maxed on air flow until cams or boost is introduced. You would think between Lund and Rev Auto the VCT tuning would be maximized.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
There's a reason why arh, kooks are the best sellers, you may have just found out why..the best parts get the best results!

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
I have to say this. Right now I am not too happy with the SP headers I have installed. I made 454whp with cat deletes and added the headers (1 7/8 SP's) along with a PMAS intake (had JLT) and the gt350 TB. Same dyno and lost 1whp and 6wtq. I did 3 dyno pulls and checked the logs. AFR was .86 and timing was 31* with zero positive knock. This was with Lund doing the tuning for both setups on e85. Went to Rev Auto and got a dyno tune and only made 442whp on that dyno (both dyno jet). I would have expected at least 5-10whp gain and made nothing. I am going to do another dyno session on the first dyno to compare tunes on the same dyno just in case Rev's reads lower but so far I am pretty discouraged about my purchases. I spent quite a bit for no improvement. I am starting to believe the hype around the ARH and Kooks headers. Rev's tuner Adam said that the ARH and Kooks definitely make more power due to a better design with the tubes coming into the collector in the correct firing order for better scavenging affect. I know of another member here with an almost identical setup to mine except he has ARH headers and he made 450+ on Rev's dyno on 93. I just can't believe I added headers, a supposedly superior intake and the gt350 tb and gained zero on 2 different dynos with 2 tuners. I also inspected the dyno graphs to look under the curve and still found zero gains. I think aside from a better header design I am just maxed on air flow until cams or boost is introduced. You would think between Lund and Rev Auto the VCT tuning would be maximized.
What does your torque curve look like ? I raced an s550 with ARH and PMAS lund tune on e85 many times . He was .3 and 3 mph behind everytime

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
On Lund tune.
image.jpg

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
What does your torque curve look like ? I raced an s550 with ARH and PMAS lund tune on e85 many times . He was .3 and 3 mph behind everytime
That degree of difference could easily be relegated to the difference in drivers not hp!
Sponsored