Sponsored

Performance Package vs Non Performance Package!!!!!!!!

OP
OP

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Whoops...lol. Any damage?
Not that I can tell so far. :doh:

I need to get it up on jack stands or ramps and take a look, it's too low to actually see much without getting it up in the air.

OP
OP

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Wow...is the car ok?:doh:
I think so.

I need to get down there and take a good look. It's hard to tell what actually contacted... at first I just automatically assumed it was the oil pan so I was watching for a trail of oil behind me for the next few miles until I got to where I was going. :eyebulge:

My second thought was the Steeda jacking rails,which wouldn't be soo bad.

Third thought is, I just bottomed out the suspension and perhaps there was no contact with the ground at all... ????

But it kind of sounded like a metal contact sound, vs a harsh jolting to the frame/body. I'll try to get underneath it tomorrow.

OP
OP

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Put her up on ramps today and had a look around, definitely can see where I scraped. It's not that bad. Looks like most of the contact was on the subframe. Just some minor abrasions.

Lensync

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red MT-82 3.55's base car
Crap! Phew... Looks like you got lucky! Are you running on proline or sport line springs?

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Don't expect the mustang to have any performance if you don't get the "performance package"

OP
OP

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Crap! Phew... Looks like you got lucky! Are you running on proline or sport line springs?
I know! No more pretending to be the General Lee for me. :headbonk:

I'm on Eibach Pro-Kit springs.

Don't expect the mustang to have any performance if you don't get the "performance package"
Lol. I don't get it? I DO have the performance pack.

OP
OP

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Cleaned her up today so had to snap a few...

OP
OP

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Perusing Craigslist the other day and found a set of these:

28x10x17 Hoosier Bias-Ply Drag Slicks mounted on 17x9.5 Polished Race Star Drag Wheels with direct drill lugs and hubcentric rings.

Gonna get to the track soon and try not to destroy these halfshafts :headbonk:

Now to go learn about manual transmission launching on bias-ply slicks....

OP
OP

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Test fitting

Sponsored
OP
OP

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Since I had never driven with slicks before, decided to take them for a spin on the street before taking them down the track at WOT.

Couldn't help but snap a couple phone pics before heading out however:

Did a couple test hits with them. Just some soft launches. Traction is DEFINITELY there. Bogged the engine down bad but I was only launching from 3500 rpms at the most.

[ame]

I've read a little bit about the car "swaying" a bit with slicks on the rear and wide radial street tires up front. Still running my 275 MPSS's as of now. It certainly felt a little squirrelly under acceleration and higher speeds. Not something I am comfortable with and I was only going through 3rd gear in the vid.

I might look into getting some skinnies for the front before heading to the track.

Tash Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 White Mustang GT
Hey man very nice build, gave me a couple of good ideas for my 2016. I was just wondering if you still have those diagonal bars you took off to install the intercooler. I've been looking to get them for the longest time and can't find out what they're called, not even ford could identify them. Help me out here man.
20150804_170819_zpsfbovomsr.jpg

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Since I had never driven with slicks before, decided to take them for a spin on the street before taking them down the track at WOT.

Couldn't help but snap a couple phone pics before heading out however:

Did a couple test hits with them. Just some soft launches. Traction is DEFINITELY there. Bogged the engine down bad but I was only launching from 3500 rpms at the most.

I've read a little bit about the car "swaying" a bit with slicks on the rear and wide radial street tires up front. Still running my 275 MPSS's as of now. It certainly felt a little squirrelly under acceleration and higher speeds. Not something I am comfortable with and I was only going through 3rd gear in the vid.

I might look into getting some skinnies for the front before heading to the track.
I haven't drag raced in a long time, but one of the things I used to do back in the day when I ran slicks on my street mustang (stock front wheels and tires) was to increase the front tire pressure for less rolling resistance. That may help with the feeling you are getting, not in the back obviously, but from a steering perspective.

OP
OP

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Hey man very nice build, gave me a couple of good ideas for my 2016. I was just wondering if you still have those diagonal bars you took off to install the intercooler. I've been looking to get them for the longest time and can't find out what they're called, not even ford could identify them. Help me out here man.
Thanks dude.

I still have them but I want to hold onto them in case I ever decide to return the car to stock.

OP
OP

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I haven't drag raced in a long time, but one of the things I used to do back in the day when I ran slicks on my street mustang (stock front wheels and tires) was to increase the front tire pressure for less rolling resistance. That may help with the feeling you are getting, not in the back obviously, but from a steering perspective.
I probably should have tried that before putting my Michelin's back on. In fact, my fronts are even a little LOW on pressure because it's been a tad cooler here and I noticed the PSI was registering a bit lower from the dash gauge.

What I really need is [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] to fix me up with a set of skinnies for the front!
Sponsored