Ecoboost mods and performance

jj417

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Convertible
I have a Ecoboost Mustang Convertible (without PP). I have been doing some research on mods I want to add. I have been waiting for a Mustang for a long time and tend to "baby" this one. I had a 65, I was restoring (major rust issues) but alais I joined the Army and the parental figures disposed of the car.

I researched exhaust. the videos I watched on line depicted exhaust systems that had a very nice rumble during idle but then sounded like a weed eater during acceleration. I would like to increase performance through the exhaust without a weed eater sound and while not effecting the ability to listen to music when the top is up or down(Why do I expect to get slammed for that comment?). I just haeden't found something that is quit enough and provides the performance I am seeking. I don't mind the rumble, I just don't want to break glass.

I am glad to have read that the throttle body spacers are a waist of money, especially from the professional shops. I thought about it until I did the research. This is not going to happen.

I am going to change out the intercooler with a larger one, add the PP radiator , an oil cooler and a cool air intake. Then I am going to perform a tune. Any suggestions on these parts? My concern is that I might cool the engine too much or the oil cooler and thermostat may compete with each other cause the other not allow oil or coolant to their perspective radiators. Anyone have experience with this?

I found some cam shafts over at ford racing for the 2.0 and 2.3 engines. Has anyone used these? Are they better from the one's in the Mustang?

Anyone know of good a good tune and mod shop in the San Antonio Area?
Sponsored

Last edited: