Sponsored

Performance Package vs Non Performance Package!!!!!!!!

OP
OP

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Car sounds VERY healthy, nice work! If you were to do it all over again would you have gone Lund tune from the get go?
Thanks!

Yes, definitely. The sheer fact that they can tailor your tune to your mods, both current and future, is worth it alone.

Car sounds wicked!! Very nice build.
:thumbsup:
Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
[MENTION=15082]sanchezcruz_20[/MENTION]

How have you found the shared drive on the Stage 1 HO kit?

Any belt issues (chirping, premature wear, breakage etc?)

Or has it been trouble free and always quiet?

OP
OP

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
[MENTION=15082]sanchezcruz_20[/MENTION]

How have you found the shared drive on the Stage 1 HO kit?

Any belt issues (chirping, premature wear, breakage etc?)

Or has it been trouble free and always quiet?
It's been great! No issues whatsoever.

No belt issues at all, still on the original one.

Early on, I had some MILD chirping that seemed to really only be audible upon cold startups. After the engine/belt were warm it would subside.

After a while (maybe 1000 miles), that seemed to slowly fade away and now I don't have any belt noise at all. I suppose it could be attributed to breaking the belt in and dialing in the proper tension.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
I see your pc for sale. Switching up?

OP
OP

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I see your pc for sale. Switching up?
Well, not switching up the Procharger, possibly the car haha.

I am going back to stock and contemplating selling the Mustang or trading it in. Haven't decided yet.

I've only put 6k miles on it in the last 2 years. I started to realize it didn't make much sense for me to have a such a nice car sitting around in the garage for no reason.

I have a young family and it's simply not practical and I end up driving either the minivan or my daily driver (Infiniti G35x) more often.

Anyway, I may consolidate and sell/trade the Mustang and Infiniti toward something.

So I've been slowly posting parts for sale in the classifieds as you've pointed out.

Sponsored

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Well, not switching up the Procharger, possibly the car haha.

I am going back to stock and contemplating selling the Mustang or trading it in. Haven't decided yet.

I've only put 6k miles on it in the last 2 years. I started to realize it didn't make much sense for me to have a such a nice car sitting around in the garage for no reason.

I have a young family and it's simply not practical and I end up driving either the minivan or my daily driver (Infiniti G35x) more often.

Anyway, I may consolidate and sell/trade the Mustang and Infiniti toward something.

So I've been slowly posting parts for sale in the classifieds as you've pointed out.
I totally get it. Good luck to ya, what ever direction you decide

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
Thanks for the detailed write up. Great read. Car looks awesome.

Interested in your thoughts on how the MPSS hold up to 603whp as I was considering getting them down the line with a similar hp goal.

OP
OP

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Thanks for the detailed write up. Great read. Car looks awesome.

Interested in your thoughts on how the MPSS hold up to 603whp as I was considering getting them down the line with a similar hp goal.
Thanks dude.

Hmm... Well, I can tell you for certain that the MPSS's are a VAST improvement over the stock Pirellis.

They're quiet, corner well, have great wet and cool weather traction considering the performance design.

The MPSS are a great all-around tire with excellent traction. But it's hard to negotiate with 600rwhp on a street tire. I mean, you simply can't smash the throttle in 1st or 2nd and if you have any amount of RPM in 3rd, it's dicey then as well. And this is in ideal conditions.

Rolling on the throttle becomes basically part of your normal driving routine.

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
Thanks dude.

Hmm... Well, I can tell you for certain that the MPSS's are a VAST improvement over the stock Pirellis.

They're quiet, corner well, have great wet and cool weather traction considering the performance design.

The MPSS are a great all-around tire with excellent traction. But it's hard to negotiate with 600rwhp on a street tire. I mean, you simply can't smash the throttle in 1st or 2nd and if you have any amount of RPM in 3rd, it's dicey then as well. And this is in ideal conditions.

Rolling on the throttle becomes basically part of your normal driving routine.
Thanks for the info. I upgraded from stock to Bridgestone Potenzas but i was wondering if the next set should be MPSS. I keep asking myself 'would the performance over Bridgestones at 600rwhp justify the additional cost?' Or should I just jump straight into a streetable strip tire like nitto NT555R/NT05R, MT Street Comps or MT ET Street S/S? What do you think?

OP
OP

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Thanks for the info. I upgraded from stock to Bridgestone Potenzas but i was wondering if the next set should be MPSS. I keep asking myself 'would the performance over Bridgestones at 600rwhp justify the additional cost?' Or should I just jump straight into a streetable strip tire like nitto NT555R/NT05R, MT Street Comps or MT ET Street S/S? What do you think?
I guess that all kind of depends on the intended use of your car. The MPSS are a great all-around tire for sure. So if you're daily driving, it might still be one of the best options.

I don't have any experience with the streetable strip tires you mentioned, but my guess is, you lose quite a bit of cornering ability, and cold and wet traction with those. May not be important for your application.

OP
OP

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT