Sponsored

Think I could sell my GT?? Would there be a market?

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 STi, 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Infiniti QX50
I'll start this by saying I'm 90% sure that I'm going to keep the car anyway, but, for several key reasons, it may make more sense to sell the car now. It only has 1300 miles on it since I bought it new in January. I've put about $5,000 in bolt ons into it already, and I have the Procharger kit sitting in my garage waiting for us to finish our move. Along with that, I still have the OPG, harmonic balancer, head cooling mod, etc from MMR to do before I even get to the blower.

The car and mods are paid, and I know i'm a week of labor away from a truly awesome car...but, with jobs, kids, real life, other bs, I barely get to drive it, let alone wrench on it.

I was thinking of putting it up for sale for around $40k including the blower/MMR stuff, but would anyone realistically be interested in buying the car/mods together, or would I end up selling everything piece by piece (not gonna do that!)? Also, keep in mind that I'm in CA, so once I do the blower I will not be able to smog the car until Procharger gets their smog cert stuff, and i'm not holding my breath on that happening.

In other words, should I forget about all of this, "finish" the car and enjoy it whenever I actually can, or is it smarter to sell it now before I continue building and modding?
Sponsored

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
If you can afford it, finish it and enjoy it!

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
Yes you could sell it. Yes there's a market for it. A few months back my mind was wrestling with itself over the very same thing. I finally figured that the car is paid for, there is nothing wrong with it, it ain't hurting a damned thing sitting in the garage, insurance for the year is $480, so I'll enjoy it when I can.

partyelmarty

What's it trap?
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Magnetic Metallic
I would be interested in the harmonic balancer, and OPG if you do sell it, and would sell the parts separately.

But to answer your question, there is a market, a selective market, but it is there.

OP
OP
StoplightWarrior

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ugh - I'm so on the fence...but I think mostly because I know that if I go forward with doing the rest of the mods, I really do need to keep the car for awhile

Then again, hopefully I'll be so thrilled with the car, I wouldnt think of selling it!

Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
$40K is fair. Procharger should get the cert, unless they're not willing to play $$ with CA. Whipple already has theirs.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
If you can afford it, finish it and enjoy it!
^^^ Exactly that.

Quite the predicament though, life always has a way of getting into your fun time.

I got kids/career/life stuff going on all the time but always look to the ride for some me time (I could actually use some track time soon).
Its my DD right now but I'm looking forward to getting something else just for DD duties so that I can make the pony a dedicated fire
breathing beast. For me, it makes a nice psychiatrist and my son loves the hell out of it (vroom vroom dad!).

Lastly, I forgot you are in the same general area as me, we just had a cars n coffee yesterday. You should come on out for next month's.
First Sunday of the month and I have a couple mustang peeps that I try to corral up. Its a great way to get out for a little bit and take in
the sights, sounds and some partially unburnt fuel.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
StoplightWarrior

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^^ Exactly that.

Quite the predicament though, life always has a way of getting into your fun time.

I got kids/career/life stuff going on all the time but always look to the ride for some me time (I could actually use some track time soon).
Its my DD right now but I'm looking forward to getting something else just for DD duties so that I can make the pony a dedicated fire
breathing beast. For me, it makes a nice psychiatrist and my son loves the hell out of it (vroom vroom dad!).

Lastly, I forgot you are in the same general area as me, we just had a cars n coffee yesterday. You should come on out for next month's.
First Sunday of the month and I have a couple mustang peeps that I try to corral up. Its a great way to get out for a little bit and take in
the sights, sounds and some partially unburnt fuel.:thumbsup:
cool, thanks. I forget - where are you, again? Fremont area? :shrug:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I'm in Novato, close to Sonoma Raceway. Aren't you in the north-east bay? Richmond or somewhere close to that area?

OP
OP
StoplightWarrior

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in Novato, close to Sonoma Raceway. Aren't you in the north-east bay? Richmond or somewhere close to that area?
Will be in Pleasant Hill by the end of this month, so, not too far away :headbang:

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Will be in Pleasant Hill by the end of this month, so, not too far away :headbang:
Le-git! Love the east bay.

Just moved from walnut Creek to the northbay (miss that place). Your gonna have a good time...especially if your single. Enjoy!

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I will go the opposite way on the issue. If you're going to sell it dont kill the warranty. Someone who buys it will probably want the balance of the 34k miles or 2 years or so left on it.

Offer the Procharger with it uninstalled; and if they dont want it sell it off separately. The market for heavily modded cars still with a lot of factory warranty is much softer than OEM/closer to OEM ones. Youd have to find the few buyers who want the supercharger and are ok without a warranty; versus getting say a Roush put on that is warrantied.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I looked into selling my '15 base car with PP & Recaro seats and even with less than 1K miles, the best offer I got was $27K....and that was from a dealer that I have done business with before on 2 or 3 cars. He told me he has a hard time selling 6 speed Mustangs. I kept the car and have since had the Phase 1 Roush blower, FRPP X-Pipe, FRPP Short Shifter and GT350R steering wheel installed. Car is crazy fast now but even with those mods (over $10K), I would doubt I could get much more than $35K for the car with less than 1.5K miles. Mods mean very little on a dealer trade and getting your money back depends on finding the 1 guy, or girl, that wants the exact same mods.......I know of a dealer in FL that has several '15 and '16 GT's for sale in the $27 - $28K range retail....secondary market is likely not there at $40K, even with the mods. I'd get the blower on and see how you feel.....did wonders for my attitude toward keeping the car.

OP
OP
StoplightWarrior

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le-git! Love the east bay.

Just moved from walnut Creek to the northbay (miss that place). Your gonna have a good time...especially if your single. Enjoy!
Nope - wife, 2 kids...hence the lack of time to enjoy cars anymore! :frusty:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Nope - wife, 2 kids...hence the lack of time to enjoy cars anymore! :frusty:
All good. Still a nice neighborhood if your not single. Lots of arts & family entertainment. The dinner scene is nice too. Enjoy your time there!

Also, hope things get worked out, cheers!
Sponsored